Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex23
True that there is no evidence, and I myself am not convinced there is an "afterlife" in the strictest of ways such as heaven/hell.

I do believe however that if there is no afterlife of some kind it renders the lives we lead pointless. It would be too utterly depressing and devastating to believe the universe is pointless.

Also if the universe is the way it is because it can be no other way (dictated entirely by rule and law) it's sad the laws dictated Justin Beiber must exist in my time frame of life.
Why would it be utterly depressing , don't you think your being greedy, live this life and let go, let other lives have their turn.
Old 20-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Why would it be utterly depressing , don't you think your being greedy, live this life and let go, let other lives have their turn.

If the universe is fixed there is no point to any life. It becomes a form of torture in my opinion. One life is exactly the same as the next and the one before it, and it can have no positive or negative impact on anything.

I don't care about my own afterlife personally. I'd give it up to make sure everyone else could have one if that were feasible. It isn't greed so much as a desire for meaning to the madness.
Old 21-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex23
If the universe is fixed there is no point to any life. It becomes a form of torture in my opinion. One life is exactly the same as the next and the one before it, and it can have no positive or negative impact on anything.

I don't care about my own afterlife personally. I'd give it up to make sure everyone else could have one if that were feasible. It isn't greed so much as a desire for meaning to the madness.
yes I think I know what your saying, if there was such thing as an afterlife I would give my life to another who need that to make them self happy, where as I am already happy no matter what there is.
Old 21-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
If I could add my Opinion too. I think that this world dosent just stop what I mean is that I believe in a afterlife in a sense that it's everlasting. I hope if I were to pass away someday that my soul would not just be in the ground.
For some people I think the reason why many don't belive in a afterlife is because the one we have on earth is corrupted allready. and maybe they see no point in a next life Just because you don't have any proof of an exsistance that does not make it any less real right ?. You can't see the wind* but you can feel it blowing you know it's there. I'm not good at metophores really, but I think if you chose not belive or you do than thats your belife. I hope to see you all somewere in time or space
Old 21-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Experiencer

Atheists will say we didn't exist before we were born so dying and not existing Is just like we were pre-birth. Except we have existed before, only in a different body, and different life. Reincarnation is IMO maybe even more than NDE's the greatest proof of the existence of a Soul. There are so many examples of Reincarnation its amazing.
Old 21-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Master
We as the mind body didn't exist before our birth, but we as the source or consciousness have always existed, the only thing that seems to reincarnat is the belief of an after life, just as traits from our parents show up within our life, so does the belief of the afterlife show up in our collective thinking, such as our religions, our cultures and thousands of other idiologies.
Old 21-07-2013, 10:22 PM
spiritspark8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetah
After being an atheist for a long time, something curious happened and that was connecting with my twin soul who's in spirit.

I struggled and still struggle to believe it, being a "logical" person.
But it seemed to come natural to me that when we die, our soul travels to an afterlife and we have a choice to be reborn. Like we come from an energy source.
When I think about this, I get a fluttery feeling, when I think about there being nothing afterwards, I almost feel like (I'm trying to develop a telepathic or pyschic line of communication with my twin soul) he's saying "wrong"

But there are so many people who just say there is no afterlife, you cease to exist, there is no creator, NDEs are hallucinations, spirits aren't real, all mediums are liars.

And for them to call me an idiot or gullible for believing it or even psychotic for believing I could have contact with a dead man or better yet, be somehow connected to him on a spiritual level. And I'm a logical, educated, person! A post-atheist even. I have no explanation for what's happened to me.

But it's actually really distressing to me...to be thought of that way. And to try to think like that...I mean what if there is nothing? And I am just delusional?

We all have our own beliefs based on experiences. You had experiences which caused you to question your former beliefs. There are many avenues you can look into, but one thing about most spiritual paths is 'something' goes on. Buddhists believe a stream of consciousnes tho not a soul, hindus the atman, christians a soul, etc. There are so many beliefs. Just look to educate yourself as much as possible about the spiritual but remember it is our experiences which ultimately will reveal truth more than anything we read up on.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Knower
Believing makes close ones passing some what easier its helping me right now :( x
Old 01-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Lightcat

Hi Fetah. :) You're not alone. In public, I still actually call myself a Humanist and atheist, if asked. This is because I agree with the Humanist point of view, WITH the exception of their belief that there is no afterlife. Also, I am atheist in the literal sense. I do not believe in the existence of gods. (Beings, yes- but not Gods who can control and subject us.)

That said, I want to say that you're far more rational and sane than your atheist friends. When you form an opinion on something, you have to use what information you have been given and exposed to. When there is insufficient information to prove something, that does not automatically render it disproved. Questioning the validity of your belief in the spiritual world is perfectly sane and rational thing to do, even if you don't change that opinion. Your atheist friends have formed an opinion, about something which there is no concrete information, and refuse to question the validity of their beliefs. The fact that they say things like idiot, gullible, hallucination, etc- is concrete proof that they've begun asserting their own opinions as fact. That's not healthy at all. That's exactly what zealots and cults do.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:49 AM
Chalk1990

An Atheist is simply a person who has not experienced a specific type of hardship in life to alter their perception of a divine figure.

Quite possibly, in their past lives, they have done something to effect their Karma, such as killing people who have certain beliefs, and now in this life their Karmic Debt is to live a life with no Faith, they must find their own way in life to learn, this leads to people not believing in God during their incarnation.

All must recognize, that your Atheism is simply a veil over your face, blocking your spiritual sight. Atheists can learn to believe, once something happens in their life that gives them an insight of the afterlife, or a divinity. The veil is then lifted.

People who suffer in their lives, and do as much good as they can are rewarded tenfold in the afterlife, and their next incarnation they are granted gifts, such as mediumship, psychic abilities, extra-sensory perception, or anything that may fit the role of their life mission.

I have not had a past life regression, but I am a highly sensitive person, partially empathic, I have deep emotion that I use to connect with other people on a personal level, I was given these gifts, because in this life, my mission is to serve mankind. Being of service to others brings me the deepest spiritual gratification, putting a smile on someones face, easing their pain, satisfying their needs, all these things make me grow spiritually, and I can physically feel the growth, and love in my solar plexus chakra every time some one appreciates my help, a feeling of electric charge overcomes my torso, when some one says "Thank You", or "I appreciate it", after I service them in some way. I only feel this electric charge when some one truly appreciates my help.