Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure

Old 25-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Crystalline_Lilly

Lightbulb Neck pain

I have a really personal question here. I wanted to know if anyone knows what helps neck problems my neck always hurts and i feel like the weight of the world is on my neck bone. i have my mom rub it all the time and does relieve some pressure but it still hurts. What do I do
Old 26-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Medium_Laura

You just said the entire reason why your neck hurts. Stress.

There are three types of stress that affect the body: chemical stress, physical stress and emotional stress, all of which can create nerve interferences that result in neck pain.

Emotional stress includes worrying over finances, grief, anger or frustration that results in tension in the body, particularly in any areas that are already weakened or overworked – like the neck and lower back. This tension amounts to tight muscles, which can irritate the nerves and produce the pain in your neck.

Chiropractic is a safe, 100% natural, totally medication-free, non-invasive approach to healing nerve disturbances in the body, just like those that cause neck pain. Chiropractic’s success with neck issues is a large part of the reason chiropractic is the most well-respected alternative approach to healing throughout the world.

Other ways are to sleep with a towel rolled up under your neck. This way your neck keeps it's proper alignment.

I had issues with this. Notice when you have neck pain.... are your shoulders relaxed? Probably not. They are more than likely up by your ears!! Keep reminding yourself to relax and DROP your shoulders. :)
Old 26-02-2011, 01:55 AM
iolite

Lilly... How long have you had this problem? It could be related to stress as Laura said. It could be related to a simple magnesium deficiency causing muscle spasms. Once the muscles tighten up, they can cause the cervical bones to come out of alignment and then you have a pulling on the muscles because of misalignment. Try supplementing with a magnesium supplement like magnesium gluconate or taurate. Soak in an epsom salts bath. The herb Kava helps relax muscles too. You can get kava at a health food store like Vitamin shoppe. I used to get really bad tension headaches caused by muscle spasms in my shoulders and neck. Kava and heat helped loosen the muscle spasms. Supplementing with magnesium got rid of the problem.
Old 30-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Master

First thing to do is to go to the doctor. The doctor will find out if you have had an injury. If you have not had an injury, DO NOT GO TO A CHIROPRACTOR FOR NECK PROBLEMS. It can be very dangerous. The doctor told my husband that some one had died when the chiropractor was working on someones neck. The doctor said chiropractors should not work on anyones neck. He is against it. The doctor is a very good doctor. The chiropractor made my husband's neck problems worse. He will never go to a chiropractor again for neck problems. The doctor gave my husband a sheet of stretches to do for his neck. He does the stretches every day and it works. He has to do the stretches for the rest of his life but it is worth it.
Old 30-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Master

If you did or did not have an injury on your neck, I repeat do not go to a chiropractor as it is not safe. My husband does not have to spend any more money and time going to a chiropractor. He is free from pain provided he keeps doing his stretches every day. It does not take long to do the stretches. He has had neck pain for most of his life. He never had an injury. There is nothing wrong with his neck that the doctors can see.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:18 PM
NetSeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Other ways are to sleep with a towel rolled up under your neck. This way your neck keeps it's proper alignment.

I actually have one of those nail mats that she's laying down on. They are soooo relaxing...
Old 09-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Jules

Please note: Spiritual Forums will not be held resonsible for advice given on medical complaints. We urge you to please see your Doctor.

Thank you
Jules SF Moderator

-----------------------------

On a by note. A throat chakra blockage can also cause neck pain especially if you're holding things in and not saying how you truly feel.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Master
I wouldn't be scaring people off of chiro, as I've been going to one since before 1974 and if it weren't for them, I'd be much worse off. Also, my ex had a severe back problem that the regular docs did nothing for in spite of giving shots and pills. But the day he took my advice and went to my chiro, he was on the mend. He couldn't even walk up the stairs to sleep in bed, so he had to sleep on the couch, he was messed up bad and the chiro fixed him.

Jules is right, though, go see your own doc or shop for a chiropractor near you.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Master

Doctor said chiropractors working on your back is O.K. but not on your neck. Working on the neck can be dangerous.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Lunacie

A couple of years ago I began experiencing chronic daily headache following a broken arm (the long bone near the shoulder broke which put stress on my neck). After wasting a couple of months with a regular doctor who didn't want to do anything but give me meds for high blood pressure (which was caused by the otc meds I was taking for pain because the doc wouldn't give me anything for pain) - my daughter convinced me to go to the Chinese clinic.

After the first accupuncture treatment I actually felt better, but the doctor warned me that over the course of the treatment which could be from 6 to 10 treatments, that the pain would get better and worse and better again. When it was better it was very hard to go back again, but I didn't want a return to the chronic pain so I kept going. I had about 9 treatments spread out with 2 treatments a week, so it took a couple of months, but the difference was night and day.

The doctor kept telling me to relax after she put the needles in - they are left in for up to half an hour - and she just couldn't understand that I find it impossible to relax. I have ADHD and it just doesn't happen.

The clinic I went to is associated with a college of Chinese medicine, so I could have a student doctor treat me for half the cost of a regular treatment, otherwise I probably wouldn't have been able to afford a full round of treatments. But I found it very reassuring that this wasn't some place where a chiropractor or someone like that had taken a weekend course in accupuncture - I've been that route in the past and it was a waste of good money. These are real doctors who are trained to treat the entire person, not just hand them a prescription.