Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-04-2013, 02:06 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Its interesting where our conversation has wandered to!

As I progress along this Path I try very hard to stay open to the influence of Spirit and it's quiet whisperings and have noticed certain themes and that those themes are often a vehicle showing the ego self that "Yes, This Is All Real- Relax - Trust."

For a long time Spirit had me Healing people and animals an even a few trees, this I saw as labwork in learning how to work with the subtle energy.

Then there was a time of spiritual counseling, in which people came to me who were just starting on the path and so I was able, just be a smidgen further down it, to speak with them in a useful ways. This helped lock in my own understanding better.

Next came learning to use tools to focus better, hear my Guides and work with other people in higher realms to bring knowledge into the 3D for use on their Path. Crystals, cards and Runes were very useful in this aspect.

Then came the forums and discussion with others on spiritually and awakened subject matter, which seems to be where I am currently. Like StephenK it seems when typing something in response to someone it holds a wisdom far beyond that of egoaic self. And often the person it was meant for is deeply moved in a way that tells me Higher Selves are working together to bring forth that which is in the Highest Good and in Divine Order.

I'm playing with concepts like when we move forward in love to engage someone in a helpful and useful way and we are surrendered to spirit, is it possible that our Higher Self is in contact with their Higher Self and that Higher Self tells us what needs to be said and we type it out?
Could it be that through surrender and Love we are able to 'channel' the person we are attempting to help's Higher Self?

Quote:
Then came the forums and discussion with others on spiritually and awakened subject matter, which seems to be where I am currently. Like StephenK it seems when typing something in response to someone it holds a wisdom far beyond that of egoaic self. And often the person it was meant for is deeply moved in a way that tells me Higher Selves are working together to bring forth that which is in the Highest Good and in Divine Order.

I have been meditating lately. What you spoke of the higher self. I believe that is true too. However, I was thinking upon myself and the experiences that I have had since I was a child. I understood these concepts as a child. I know that seems odd but it is true.

I was asking a deep question about myself, and as, like you, I naturally believed the teaching that you expressed about the higher self. I have even been aware of a person higher self, and have often noticed that the words that are spoken by me are really the higher self the other expressing itself through my lips to their lower mind.

I started asking about my higher self. Spirit informed that my higher self and lower self are integrated in my being, as it is in the now. This initially surprised me. Now it makes perfect sense. I am able to access my higher almost at will. It is only when I am stressed that I am not able to do so. If I take a moment and relax, then I can connect easily.

I am looking after my father at the moment. He is terminally ill. Yet I do not see this as a sad time. I believe he is near to be born. I believe at his death he will be born in the next world. In fact I know it to be true. Others around me are freaking out, and find the situation really difficult to deal with. I believe that my way of being will one day be the norm. People will no longer fear death and see it as a birth. I am aware of course that the reason why we are here is to be able to access/remember/learn that which we need to in order to experience the higher realms to a greater degree and depth.

Thank you for your lovely posts. It is invigorating to read such enlightened words, as well as StephenK's wise words too.

Peace and love always.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 07-04-2013, 02:09 AM
D01

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie74
Hello everyone!

My name is Paul (39, from Cardiff, wales) and I've just recently joined this group and I hope to be able to converse with many of you about all things spiritual in the near future.

I would just like to ask if anyone on here has had conclusive proof of life after death, etc. I don't mean just that odd, spine-tingling feeling, or a half-heard whisper, but actual crystal-clear, not-a-shadow-of-a-doubt proof.

I ask as I, myself, used to experience many strange things as a teen and young man, but in the end I really could not handle the power of it and begged for 'them' to leave me alone. In the end that's exactly what happened. But, since that day to this, I have a deep, dark void within me, and I am always searching. I guess I have become very cynical over the years, although I know what I experienced when I was younger happened; I suppose I just find it so hard to accept now, and I would like to be able to feel the joy of spiritual faith again, but I don't know if I still can...

Anyway, apologies for my rambling. So does anyone have anything they feel is real proof? I would be grateful for any answers on personal experiences.

Warmth and peace to all of you.

My belief in the afterlife and etc. first comes from my faith in God. If I were not religious, then I would cite my very first conscious obe as a good premise for the speculation of an afterlife (though people who have claimed to have visited the afterlife between dying and coming back are likely to have a more compelling perspective than I do). The place I visited the first time I had a conscious obe seemed so perfect and peaceful -- no worries at all there. It was indeed the most vibrant place that I have ever visited... extremely vivid and real... with a known sense of oneness with the universe.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:15 AM
Guide
Spiritual place

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie74
Hello everyone!

My name is Paul (39, from Cardiff, wales) and I've just recently joined this group and I hope to be able to converse with many of you about all things spiritual in the near future.

I would just like to ask if anyone on here has had conclusive proof of life after death, etc. I don't mean just that odd, spine-tingling feeling, or a half-heard whisper, but actual crystal-clear, not-a-shadow-of-a-doubt proof.

I ask as I, myself, used to experience many strange things as a teen and young man, but in the end I really could not handle the power of it and begged for 'them' to leave me alone. In the end that's exactly what happened. But, since that day to this, I have a deep, dark void within me, and I am always searching. I guess I have become very cynical over the years, although I know what I experienced when I was younger happened; I suppose I just find it so hard to accept now, and I would like to be able to feel the joy of spiritual faith again, but I don't know if I still can...

Anyway, apologies for my rambling. So does anyone have anything they feel is real proof? I would be grateful for any answers on personal experiences.

Warmth and peace to all of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTFB1HvvQYk

There is a spiritualist church which is in fairfax road newport, southwales which is near you. Ah! look what I just found! These two people in this vid are my friends: Allan and Andrew. I hope you can get there. It is the most awesome place. Some really great teachers. Different mediums come there every week. Plus the place is run by mediums. The person who runs the Church is Carol. Please go if you can.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 08-04-2013, 04:05 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkade
Spiritualism is a religion and people in that religion are the most spiritual most dedicated people I have ever met. They live their religion. Incidentally, I wonder what a Catholic priest would say if he was ordered to place a sign by the side of him saying: "Everything which I say is for entertainment for only."

OMG, I love this line! And indeed that's how this should be... A priest is running stuff through his current cultural, and perceptual filters just like everyone else is... I actually visited a seminary for the priesthood once, back in my 8th grade, with the prospects of becoming a priest myself (I went to catholic school for 9 years)... The tour of the seminary went okay until I arrived at the seminaries library. I was a big reader back then and dove with great interest into the book shelves to see what deeper mystery's that the priests-in-training were daily being exposed to. I hate to say it, but my little 8th grade mind was deeply shocked by the ickyness of what I saw there... as I went from book to book it was readily evident that the whole thing was thickly about ~conditioning~. The library was designed to mesmerize the upcoming priest into being a rubber stamp for a conditional-way-of-being. I was truly shocked at the time because I didn't expect to see that... at that age I hadn't given much of any of this much thought... in fact I was so taken-back by that experience in the library at the seminary that it began a very-deep unraveling of my catholic attachments at the time.... I still went through the catholic motions for a couple of years following, but there was no way I could continue on with this as a solid..

All religions are really a matter of group-think... they condition the initiate to organize their thoughts about life in a most specific way that reflects the propensities and assumptions of their founders. There's a reason why the principle characters of each religion are unseen (god, jesus) because the pronouncements of the "unseen" can be molded and shaped to do the bidding of structure at hand. There's no way to double check or clarify what a jesus or god had to say, so we're stuck with the interpretations of those who insist that they know... how convenient... :^)
Old 08-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Master
The other day my higher self told me I wasn't strong enough yet in my understandings and Knowledge to join a religious practice of any type yet and was to remain on my own learning from those placed on my path from the many Faiths and occults and mystic traditions.

Interesting huh? Actually warned away from religions as the 'group think' practices and conditionings are so strong that they could lower my conscious awareness again.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:46 PM
StephenK

Quote:
The other day my higher self told me I wasn't strong enough yet in my understandings and Knowledge to join a religious practice of any type yet and was to remain on my own learning from those placed on my path from the many Faiths and occults and mystic traditions.

Interesting huh? Actually warned away from religions as the 'group think' practices and conditionings are so strong that they could lower my conscious awareness again.

Exactly, exactly exactly!!! You are far, far better-off going at this alone!! Religions and "disciplines" are mind-constricting... they would have you looking at the deep complexities of life through the thickened confines of structured beliefs... while, clearly, "structuring" is the one thing we're needing to let go of... in order to "arrive in the present" within each moment, we're needing to be foot-loose and fancy-free.... we distinctly need to be clear of mesmerizing mental attachments that only yank our attention into various boxcars of distraction...

Everything you experience goes through your interpretation-of-self anyway, so it's within this aligning, within the-ways-that-you-create, which will always be the default that you steadily return to. You can "study" a teaching but it will still be your-perception-of-things that must "activate" those teachings... in which case you return to your private self yet again...

It all comes back to you, how you feel about life, how you expect things to unfold, no individual or group can take your place in this regard... so you are indeed the captain of your own personalized ship... the only thing another can "teach" you along the way are the stuff that they're personally trying to figure-out themselves..... :^)
Old 08-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Master
Yea, you are totally right Stephen, you and Spirit both. But ego remains a struggle, it wants to find a tribe, find a place it belongs, being alone on the Path is...well often lonely. It's hard balancing being in a human body with its needs and being the solitary Mystic-in-training.

Thank goodness for forums where we can talk about the inner journey without having someone try to actively recondition our mind and where we can consider that which resonates or close the thread on that which doesn't. It is easier to practice using wisdom without the distractions of music, others energies, others reverence, and others voices.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:17 PM
forests rammac

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Exactly, exactly exactly!!! You are far, far better-off going at this alone!! Religions and "disciplines" are mind-constricting... they would have you looking at the deep complexities of life through the thickened confines of structured beliefs... while, clearly, "structuring" is the one thing we're needing to let go of... in order to "arrive in the present" within each moment, we're needing to be foot-loose and fancy-free.... we distinctly need to be clear of mesmerizing mental attachments that only yank our attention into various boxcars of distraction...

Everything you experience goes through your interpretation-of-self anyway, so it's within this aligning, within the-ways-that-you-create, which will always be the default that you steadily return to. You can "study" a teaching but it will still be your-perception-of-things that must "activate" those teachings... in which case you return to your private self yet again...

It all comes back to you, how you feel about life, how you expect things to unfold, no individual or group can take your place in this regard... so you are indeed the captain of your own personalized ship... the only thing another can "teach" you along the way are the stuff that they're personally trying to figure-out themselves..... :^)

wow wow wow interesting fascinating stuff.

Don't believe a word of it but...
Old 08-04-2013, 05:18 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Yea, you are totally right Stephen, you and Spirit both. But ego remains a struggle, it wants to find a tribe, find a place it belongs, being alone on the Path is...well often lonely. It's hard balancing being in a human body with its needs and being the solitary Mystic-in-training.
I agree! It's very difficult and complicated to be going this alone.. in fact it sucks! But in the long run it's worth it! By doing this spiritual explorative ourselves we are free to pursue the spontaneous circumstances, and intuitive nudging's, that tend to crop-up often within this customizable journey... if we're part of a group, or if we're tethered to a teacher, then our flexibility is contained by their preferences and their own limitations.

And take your time..... there is no need to do this stuff quickly... enjoy the sunshine, play at different jobs, play with the music that you're drawn to ... being physical is every-bit as much about being physical as it is about our spiritual orientations, perhaps even more-so seeing as how we're here... so the onus may not being about "getting it"... but about enjoying the ride and the things that we're exposed to... after all.... life is short... we won't be here that long... and our core "spirituality" rushes back-in like a tidal-wave the moment we leave.... :^)
Old 08-04-2013, 05:21 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by forests rammac
wow wow wow interesting fascinating stuff.
Don't believe a word of it but...

Goodness no... don't "believe" any of it! Not until you "experience" it would any of this make sense... and not a moment before.... it would be delusional to be otherwise... :^)