Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 13-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TThor
I wish I could be more mystic.
Well, it just falls in my lap!!!
I don't know when it will happen...God just drops some Stardust on me
And off I go...it just happens...these mystical experiences.

I wish I could be more psychic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-05-2013, 02:46 PM
TThor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, it just falls in my lap!!!
I don't know when it will happen...God just drops some Stardust on me
And off I go...it just happens...these mystical experiences.

I wish I could be more psychic.

Me too... but then again, when I look at some modern psychics I'm not sure. I like Cayce (who doesn't :)
Old 13-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Master
I don't understand how I have self-hatred.

I was bringing up the extremities of human society,

Anytime I am on this forum and I bring up how we need to transform society to a more Middle-grounded consciousness everyone yells at me.

I point the finger at Sai Baba because of the social evils he committed.

I don't have self-hatred. In fact I have a pretty good thing going with my spirituality.

I may sound negative to you but in reality my post was trying to make people aware of what the world is doing.

Awareness is the pulp, the truth of spirituality.

Just because I said something negative about a self-proclaimed God-man doesn't make me a self-hating person. I am very concerned about the well being of human beings and this Planet. I am tired of it falling into ruin and injustice.

And just to top it all off, I actually like Ramakrishna. I believe he was a mystic, a saint, a person who had a deep relationship with God- he had a higher awareness.

And Scoreror how am I more dangerous than Sai Baba? Because I speak out against him? Its my human right. I am pretty much a very humble person who has no say in life. I go around living an unknown life. How am I dangerous? And that is really really mean to say to someone.

Everyone Judges me on this forums, and yet I haven't passed any judgment. Perhaps on Sai Baba. but towards nobody on this forum.
Old 13-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Sourcerer

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
I don't understand how I have self-hatred.

I was bringing up the extremities of human society,

Anytime I am on this forum and I bring up how we need to transform society to a more Middle-grounded consciousness everyone yells at me.

I point the finger at Sai Baba because of the social evils he committed.

I don't have self-hatred. In fact I have a pretty good thing going with my spirituality.

I may sound negative to you but in reality my post was trying to make people aware of what the world is doing.

Awareness is the pulp, the truth of spirituality.

Just because I said something negative about a self-proclaimed God-man doesn't make me a self-hating person. I am very concerned about the well being of human beings and this Planet. I am tired of it falling into ruin and injustice.

And just to top it all off, I actually like Ramakrishna. I believe he was a mystic, a saint, a person who had a deep relationship with God- he had a higher awareness.

And Scoreror how am I more dangerous than Sai Baba? Because I speak out against him? Its my human right. I am pretty much a very humble person who has no say in life. I go around living an unknown life. How am I dangerous? And that is really really mean to say to someone.

Everyone Judges me on this forums, and yet I haven't passed any judgment. Perhaps on Sai Baba. but towards nobody on this forum.

Quite excellent that that was your 777th post! My brother, you certainly DO have a say in in life. Come on, man! See the obvious and admit the obvious, if you will, bro. It was not "really really mean," for unlike you I did not say it to present someone as committing an "evil" against society. Humble = having a very appreciative attitude. You can believe and say whatever you wish about Sai Baba, and that is fine. I speak not so much about the specifics, but rather the general attitude of making ridiculous sweeping generalizations about people, as you did. The "extremities of human society" that you mentioned were actually grossly exaggerated judgments that are very black-and-white in context. Open your eyes to see this, if you will. If not, it is no skin off my back. I am aware that you are a very spiritually-mature being--I simply invite you to really ACT as one more often, through easing up a bit on focusing so much on your perceived "evils" of the world. Yes, awareness is key, but "making others aware" (my quotation here) is NOT what true awareness is about. I realize that even I cannot "make" anyone aware.

Anyone here could EASILY claim that you were very "mean" toward Sathya Sai Baba with your multiple posts about how "unsavory," etc. he appears to you, but no one did, not even me. You are no victim of anyone here, my friend. You manifest your own personal reality, period, and the world that you perceive IS NOT the world that anyone else sees, no matter how much there appears to be "consensus agreement" among many. So, forgive me, if need be, for my very poignant and cutting response. I am not portraying you as "unsavory" when I speak of self-hatred. I invite you to LOOK DEEPER into what self-hatred really is, which is an attitude that often focuses heavily on "what is wrong" and often feels disempowered through this focus. I ask you, do you actually feel EMPOWERED through your focus on the "extremities of human society"? Are you not aware that MOST HUMAN ADULTS (and many children) these days are very much aware of the kinds of "realities" that you often speak about? No one needs these things "shoved down their throats" through numerous self-righteous posts.

You don't "point the finger" (as you stated) because of what anyone else has done. That makes no sense. No one else (not even Sai Baba) MADE you "point the finger." Come on, dude. (Humorously) You CHOSE to do it because of how you feel about YOURSELF; your actions really had nothing to do with Sai Baba. The things we say about "others" are not really about them, but are merely our own choice to say what we ourselves FEEL must be said, is all. Nothing more than that.

But if you believe that this serves you, I am not here to push against that, whether you deeply believe it does or not. I won't be having this same kind of conversation with you again. I am doing nothing other than what YOU and others do on this thread, in the sense of presenting my viewpoint. You were not "wrong" in my mind to say what you said. "Everyone judges me" (YOUR words) is yet another one of those silly, over-exaggerated statements that aren't based upon what is really being experienced by you. EVERYONE?? REALLY, BRO?? PLEASE TELL ME, WHO IS THIS "EVERYONE" THAT YOU SPEAK OF?? Ah, it doesn't matter... This is what I mean. Look in the mirror, man! That is your "hurt inner child" speaking, not the confident and wise Amilius that I know to be representative of your True Self. You feel hurt when OTHERS point certain things out to you, in terms of character, saying it is "mean," but that it is okay for YOU to point things out about another's character, without you being mean?? I didn't make numerous posts about some "savory" character named Amilius, and post a link to a YouTube video "proving" that Amilius is a fake or a child molester (or whatever that video claimed about Sai Baba, as I didn't watch it, as I've already seen enough of that smear-campaign nonsense that proves absolutely nothing worthwhile). I took a different approach. I too exercised my right here to "point things out." Not to make you look bad, for you are my brother and I love you. And that is that.

Be well, Brother Amilius.
Old 13-05-2013, 08:26 PM
TThor

There so many great sayings by Ramakrishna... sometimes I think they taste better than sugar!! I feel like posting a bunch

ONCE Vyasadeva was about to cross the Jamuna. The gopis also were there. They wanted to go to the other side of the river to sell curd, milk, and cream. But there was no ferry at that time. They were all worried about how to cross the river, when Vyasa said to them, "I am very hungry." The milkmaids fed him with milk and cream. He finished almost all their food. Then Vyasa said to the river, "O Jamuna, if I have not eaten anything, then your waters will part and we shall walk through." It so happened. The river parted and a pathway was formed between the waters. Following that path, the gopis and Vyasa crossed the river.

Vyasa had said, "If I have not eaten anything." That means, the real man is Pure Atman. Atman is unattached and beyond Prakriti. It has neither hunger nor thirst; It knows neither birth nor death; It does not age, nor does It die. It is immutable as Mount Sumeru.

These men and women were of another time :)
Old 14-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Guide

This is an interesting question, whether to taste or to be the sugar. It says in the bible "Yes are Gods, Ye are children of the Most High". This seems to imply that on the one hand we actually are God and that on the other hand we are simply children of God, just a part of God, just a fragment of the whole that is merely able to taste the whole.

Yet is seems to me that the "Ye are Gods" side of the equation is the ultimate truth. I believe there is only one being in the universe and that that being is God. The being that I am most closely acquainted with is me. I can find nothing outside of me only other beings who also have nothing outside of them.

Since there is nothing outside of me to be God then I must be that God myself.

Yet at the same time I am attracted to the notion that God is something OTHER than me with whom I can have a personal relationship. I need God to be my friend and in order for God/Goddess or whatever to be my friend they must somehow be separate from me. Otherwise I would just be relating to myself which may not be so nice.

It seems to me that whilst "Ye are Gods" represents the ultimate truth, that "Ye are children of the Most High" represents an auxiliary truth that it is necessary to come to terms with in order to appreciate the ultimate truth.

One needs to understand that one is not-God in order to be the God that you are. One needs to taste the external god in order to be the be the God. The god that I-am-not wants me to realize that I am God.

In love one is god; yet without separation would one be able to realize this oneness? Love is separate. One must taste the other and know them in their otherness. At the same time love is knowing that one is the One.
Old 14-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Master
well said charly, totally agree
Old 14-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Guide

thank you.
Old 14-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Master
Hey Scorceror.

Perhaps I have come off a bit negative and cynical. I have been watching a lot of Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, and Richard Dawkins- probably not good for the spiritual path. As much as they are very intellectual and force you to think they can be highly cynical. So cynical that perhaps it rubs off on others, like myself.

I apologize for my cynicism. I will not ever come to a positive agreement about Sai Baba. But I do apologize for my posts being so negative.

I use to write a lot of nice things but when I jump on the negative wagon I get all wrapped up.

And now the Christian forums are starting to get to me to. Maybe I should take a break from them as well.

Thank you for pointing these out to me Sorcerer.
Old 14-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Sourcerer

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Hey Scorceror.

Perhaps I have come off a bit negative and cynical. I have been watching a lot of Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, and Richard Dawkins- probably not good for the spiritual path. As much as they are very intellectual and force you to think they can be highly cynical. So cynical that perhaps it rubs off on others, like myself.

I apologize for my cynicism. I will not ever come to a positive agreement about Sai Baba. But I do apologize for my posts being so negative.

I use to write a lot of nice things but when I jump on the negative wagon I get all wrapped up.

And now the Christian forums are starting to get to me to. Maybe I should take a break from them as well.

Thank you for pointing these out to me Sorcerer.

Understood, my brother. Bless you and thank you as well, my friend. Namaste.