Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 05-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneblossom
My understanding of being a Christian is that you'd need to be baptised into the Christian faith. But I get your analogy about not needing to attend a church/association.

I take it that actively trying to live your life according to the 7 principles would mean you a Spiritualist too? Please correct me if I'm way off with this.

About Christian baptism: that's debatable. Some Christians regard baptism as absolutely necessary. Others regard it as something you SHOULD do.

Yes, I would say that someone who tries to live his life according to Spiritualism's Seven Principles IS a Spiritualist.

Trying to live your life according to some creed or principle logically indicates, to me at least, that you sincerely believe IN that creed or principle. And if you SINCERELY believe in something, you will try to live in accordance with it.

I DON'T think that you have to personally contact the spirit world, or be present when such is done, in order to qualify as a Spiritualist.

Although why a Spiritualist wouldn't attempt to do so at some point is beyond me.

Jim
Old 26-09-2012, 11:27 AM
bobby24

I recommend this book "a crossing or the drop's history" by Anatoliy Obraztsov.

I recommend this book "a crossing or the drop's history" by Anatoliy Obraztsov. Because it was writting by the author who doesn't have a great spiritual experience but I don't know how he describes modern spirituality so deeply and perfectly for me...
Old 26-09-2012, 04:42 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby24
I recommend this book "a crossing or the drop's history" by Anatoliy Obraztsov. Because it was writting by the author who doesn't have a great spiritual experience but I don't know how he describes modern spirituality so deeply and perfectly for me...

It sounds like this book's about spirituality, not about Spiritualism....
Old 09-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Shazzysun

A fantastic book to start would be A Course In Miracles by The Peace Foundation, it is a bit of a chunky book, but a lovely lady by the name of Marianne Williamson has summarised it in her book called A Return To Love.
Old 28-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Russell

Here’s a summary of recommendations so far:

• “The History of Spiritualism” by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
• “A Beginner’s Guide to Mediumship” by Larry Dreller
• Anything by the following authors:
o Silver Birch
o Grace Cooke
o Estelle Roberts
o Sir Oliver Lodge
o Robert Dale Owen
o Allan Kardec
• “This is Spiritualism” by Maurice Barbanell
• “Spiritualism Today” by Maurice Barbanell
• “The Edge of the Etheric” by J. Arthur Findlay
• “The Rock of Truth” by Arthur Findlay
• The Koran
• “Life in the World Unseen” by Anthony Borgia (There’s a great summary in this thread.)
• “Life Beyond Death” by David Fontana
• “Spiritualist Manual” by the General Assembly of Spiritualists
• “Ten Spiritual Steps to a Magical Life” by Adrian Calabrese
• “The Boy Who Saw True” by Anonymous
• The Bhagavad Gita
• “A Crossing or the Drop’s History” by Obraztsov
• “A Course in Miracles” by The Peace Foundation

These are a few of the ones I have read, but there are hundreds and hundreds of good books on Spiritualism.

“Modern American Spiritualism” by Emma Hardinge Britten
The history of Spiritualism in the US from 1848 to 1868. It includes countless news articles of the day and shows the amazing variety of spirit power and presence.

“Spirit Teachings” by Stainton Moses
Reverend Moses was a minister whose mediumship unfolded after he had been ordained. The uplifting and encouraging messages that he received went against his understanding of the teachings of his church. And this caused him much anguish. It’s a remarkable book and is often referred to as the Bible of Spiritualism.

“Ghost Land” edited by Emma Hardinge Britten
A record of the some of the experiences of a “sensitive” during the 19th century.

“Flashes of Light from the Spirit Land” by Mrs. J.H. Conant
Through the mediumship of Mrs. Conant, a group of identified spirits answers questions from the general public.

“The Living Light Dialogue” through the mediumship of Richard P. Goodwin
A series of spiritual awareness classes that purpose of which is to help us awaken to the divinity that we in truth are.

It might be good fun to form an online book club. We could pick a book and then discuss it as we read it. If anyone is interested, post a note with a recommendation.

Hope this helps.
Old 13-10-2013, 06:13 PM
helping soul

books on spirituality

one of the best books on the market today is called "initiation" by an elizabeth haich, it's in a league of its own :)
Old 31-12-2013, 03:16 PM
katyking

Intuitive Studies (2013) by Gordon Smith

Intuitive Studies is a new book written by UK based but internationally known Spiritualist Medium Gordon Smith.
It's available from Amazon and Amazon partners (UK) have some super discount copies on offer 'new' so don't pay the list price unless you have to!
Here's an extract from the online introduction ( used with authorisation as I wrote it)...
"During the many years he spent delivering messages of hope and love from the spirit world, Gordon Smith has observed how many people long to learn how to be more intuitive themselves, and would love to be able to connect to the other side in the same way he does.
Gordon feels strongly that developing your intuitive gifts should be something that gives you joy, brings you clarity and makes you more contented in your life. Based on his experiences of teaching and guiding complete beginners on their paths to communicating with spirit, this book provides simple and easy-to-follow exercises that will help you sharpen your psychic senses, open yourself to receive communication from your spirit guides and interpret the telepathic language of spirit. Once you have learned the basics and gained confidence in your skills, Gordon then guides you to the next step of your journey, showing you how you can use this very special energy to help others."
Old 03-05-2014, 07:21 AM
lovingvibrations

I love channelled teachings so there is an amazing 'study guide' of free ebook available by David Wilcock for 'The Law Of One Series'. Changed my life!