Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 24-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Adrian29

Djinns/Genies

Has anyone had an experience with a djinn/genie? How powerfull are they? Does good djinns exist, who are positive energy?
Old 25-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Animus27

From all that I have heard of them - they are definitely something people should steer clear of. The whole lore about the genies granting wishes is based off the perceived power Djinn have; but like in all of the genie stories: they'll screw you over every way they can.
Iblis, the devil in Islam is a Djinn.
Old 25-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Adrian29

Good djinns or other spirits like them will grant wishes to higher evolved spirits. A person should be a very moral and should have a very good soul, and of course psychic abilities to be able to get help from these beings. Is true that in the spirit worlds are lower realms with negative energy.
Old 18-04-2013, 04:36 AM
Draenevyre

From everything I've been taught and read about, Djinns are inherently bad, and are like lawyers, but worse. They like to grant wishes, but find any and all loopholes to give you what you wanted, but not how you thought you asked... Be careful, I also hear each wish a djinn grants takes 1/3 of your soul.. (could be false, but could also be true)
Old 18-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Krystalle

mmm from what i heard you have 1/2 chance for it to grant you your wish and 1/2 chance for it to make you go crazy
i dont think they can be called positive entities but they are powerful
well i wouldnt try it lol
Old 19-04-2013, 12:22 AM
Niebla0007

So far, from all of what I have only heard, genies/djinns were not found associated with holy workings before. I do not believe them to be all evil. Take demons/angels for example, not all of them are bad/good either.
What transpires in working with them depends on the intention, the kind of person working with them.
They were commonly bound with amulets, were tricked into submissions(and so the magician thought) even locked in stuffs like the famous lamps in stories,
where at large, had been heard of mainly from countries where culturally tricking and besting everyone is considered one of the smartest move.
Moving from that, what do you expect from the djinns after involvements with some of the humans they were in contact before?

Old 27-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Shiro

From what I know, in the Islamic context "jinn" means "hidden" and is essentially used as a synonym for "spirit" (ie. it can refer to any creature in the spiritual realm, not a specific kind).
Old 25-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Gryneos

Not all Djinn are bad. In fact, to quote a book I highly recommend around here, Encyclopedia of Spirits by Judika Illes:

Quote:
Djinn constitute a vast community of spirits. They come in all shapes and sizes and vary in power and temperament.
There are Pagan, Jewish, Christian, and Islamic Djinn; each is allegedly most likely to help humans who share their religious persuasion although the most generous Djinn are kind to all and the most malevolent are equal-opportunity offenders.
I recommend finding this book so you can read the whole entry on Djinn and then look up all the related spirits by name

Two of the good Djinn named in the book if y'all want to look them up now:
Sidi Chemharouch
Lalla Rekya Bint El Khamar
Old 23-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Eryna

Great topic!

I have done some extensive research on the djinn and it started from several incidents where I would awake at night with sleep paralysis and feel a sinister presence in my room though I couldn't move or see the entity. All my research has led me to believe that the djinn are to be avoided- I would a divide against summoning them. Iron is said to repel them (like it does with most supernatural creatures) which is why I sleep with a piece of iron under my bed and i also use protections stones such as obsidian to aid in protection. Djinn are master shapeshifters and are commonly reported to take the shape of animals (which is somewhat unsettling because I love animals and there isnt an animal I wouldn't stop and help). While there is a hierarchy of djinn (some aren't as dangerous as others) and their colors denote their standing it's wise to steer clear.

If I may, I recommend the book, 'The Vengeful Djinn,' by Philip J Imbrogno and Rosemary Ellen Guiley (2011) for more info on this topic. Hope this helps!

"I'd rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion." -HD Thoreau
Old 24-07-2014, 10:40 PM
Ralph

I no nothing about Djinns but I now 'Mother' (a very high divine spirit) can grand you 1 wish (without any loopholes) and that there are probably spirits which can grand you wishes as long as the word 'I' is not in there.