Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 16-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Pathfinder
is the waite cards ok 4 beginers

am new 2 tarot cards my friend gave me a book with the cards its the waite deck are they ok 4 beginners thanks cazamac x
Old 16-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Master
Hi Cazamac. Rider-Waite is the deck that many people start on. I assume it came with the very small booklet which is very basic.
I would suggest that you look in here
http://www.learntarot.com
On the left-hand side of the opening screen, click on cards. You will then get a full list of all the cards. Click on the one you want and you will get a two-page explanation of that card. When you are more at home with the cards, you will find your own intuition becomes more important. Good luck
Old 16-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Master
p.s. another tarot site which are very good is
http://www.aeclectictarot.com which gives details of zillions of decks
Old 16-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Neville

Quote:
When you are more at home with the cards, you will find your own intuition becomes more important. Good luck

I agree completely with what norseman is saying here,
Old 16-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Pathfinder
thank so much 4 the link 2 the tarot cards thats will make it so much better 2 learn with xx
Old 01-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Likes2Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
p.s. another tarot site which are very good is
http://www.aeclectictarot.com which gives details of zillions of decks

Good call on Aeclectic Tarot. That's an outstanding site for both beginners and experienced readers.

I got my first deck, a Rider-Waite deck, in 1978. I read with it exclusively until the past few years, when I fell in love with the Gilded Tarot (whose artwork is based on the RW deck, so I could relate to it easily).
Old 21-09-2011, 07:38 AM
kislany

Yes, I believe the RW deck is perfect for beginners. The images are so clear and quite easy to understand. Plus most of the tarot books for learning are based around this very deck (or a version of it).
Old 13-10-2011, 01:43 AM
Adagio11

I think everyone starts on the RW deck. It was my first deck, too.

@Likes2Read: I have the Gilded Tarot deck, too. What a gorgeous set of cards! I have another deck, the Cosmic Tarot, that I love just as much.

Good luck to you, Cazamac!
Old 13-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Experiencer
I agree. Although my first serious reads came from an older version of the Mythic Tarot that you can get at any Barnes and Noble stores in the new purple box. It comes with a silk cloth that helps with the layouts and the cards are based off the RW deck so the transition was easy.

Today I use the Herbal Tarot that was given to me by my sister. That deck practically jumps into my hand whenever I go for a reading...
Old 13-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Medium_Laura

Absolutely RW! My first deck and my most cherished :)

My next, rather like RW is Hanson-Roberts and then the Sharman-Caselli :)