Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 13-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Sungirl

just my opinion here, coming from someone who has a poor memory for the meanings of the cards.

I personally prefer cards that have more descriptive pictures. Then I can pick them up and work with them more intuitively from day 1 rather than having to learn a whole heap of stuff that I am NEVER going to remember. I know the major arcana have good pics, but the minor are just like playing cards aren't they?

In the end it's down to how you work best. This is just my opinion from my angle.
Old 13-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Master
Got to admit Rider-Waite did nothing for me but Sacred Circle - now you're talking !
Old 13-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungirl
just my opinion here, coming from someone who has a poor memory for the meanings of the cards.

I personally prefer cards that have more descriptive pictures. Then I can pick them up and work with them more intuitively from day 1 rather than having to learn a whole heap of stuff that I am NEVER going to remember. I know the major arcana have good pics, but the minor are just like playing cards aren't they?

In the end it's down to how you work best. This is just my opinion from my angle.

Hmm I don't memorize the cards. They talk.
Old 13-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Hmm I don't memorize the cards. They talk.

hmmmm, makes sense once you have tuned into them. Could you do this from day 1? It might be that you are a natural at reading cards. I know that this doesn't happen for me.. but this is why I tend not to use cards very often.

Very cool tho that they talk to you
Old 13-10-2011, 03:55 PM
mike bike

Waite Rider Tarot pack.

As far as I'm concerned they are the ONLY pack that is any good.

Each card tells an occult story....(I hope you have the pack before they changed the colours,as even the colours on the cards have occult meanings).

The true Tarot was not really intended as a fortune telling tool,but to tell the story of our evolution through many lives...

The Fool is the ordinary person...notice his belt...you can see six links,so there are another six around his back,making twelve and there is no buckle,he can't take that belt off,so he's bound in the cycle of rebirth in the twelve signs of the zodiac.

His tunic is black,signifying his ignorance of the true meaning of life.

The lining of his tunic is red,signifying the physical life...but his undergarment has white sleeves,showing that there is spirituality in everyone....the Sun represents God...not in the Zenith because then it would have to start falling...the ice covered mountains represent spritual heights that he cannot yet scale....if he did it would kill him.

The staff and satchel he's carrying represent other things....also the little dog

And the white rose and the feather also have meanings.

Now look at The Magician.....His red robe can be slipped off easily,leaving him wearing white..the start of becoming a spiritual being.....the sign of infinity above his head shows he can do ANYTHING...we all could if we only believed....his belt is a snake biting it's own tail...signifying eternity.

He's holding his right hand up,and pointing down with his left..."As above,so below"...he is actually learning to do true magic.

The flowers also have meanings,.....enough for now....hope I haven't bored you,but that Tarot pack tells lots of occult (hidden) stories.

Blessings ...........Mike
Old 13-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungirl
hmmmm, makes sense once you have tuned into them. Could you do this from day 1? It might be that you are a natural at reading cards. I know that this doesn't happen for me.. but this is why I tend not to use cards very often.

Very cool tho that they talk to you

Yes, I was taught as a child from an old witch. She never let me use a book, I had to meditate and focus on each card and then write what it said to me.

:)
Old 13-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Yes, I was taught as a child from an old witch. She never let me use a book, I had to meditate and focus on each card and then write what it said to me.

:)

fair play.

Truly wish we could all have such an amazing start.
Old 13-10-2011, 10:41 PM
green

it is really up to you Sungirl. you can let the books control your thoughts about the cards or you can open yourself and listen and trust whatever you get and communicate with them from day 1

G
Old 14-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Sungirl

Hi Green

I have never really resonated with cards, I tend to work with a pendulum for the stuff I need or just ask direct. But, I have found that cards with very descriptive pictures do help me. I have the Tarot of the Old Path http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tarot-of-the-Old-Path/dp/0880794909/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318593421&sr=8-1

I find this deck resonates with me as well as any of them do. I used to do medaeivil reeactment so I can relate to the pictures, they feel comfortable.

I also like more oracle based cards such as the crystal deck or celtic ogham

I don't read the books, it's pointless because I cannot retain the information (as mentioned above). I end up getting cross and frustrated LOL
Old 14-10-2011, 03:22 PM
green

just enjoy your road sungirl- sounds like a great road. and trust your feeling- messages from the cards.

G