Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 05-01-2020, 10:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
There is a difference between "New Age" and "New Thought," regardless the concepts they espouse are very old, as is Hinduism. Hinduism is much older than Christianity. But being old does not mean it is necessarily right, no more right than any other religion.

New Thought: a word I haven't heard in a while.

Doctor Phineas Parkhurst Quimby played a role in the movement. I have a copy of his writings printed after his death called the Collected Manuscripts of P.P. Quimby. Quimby brought back to life interest in mesmerism and helped Mary Eddy Baker with her health issues. Baker went on and created Christian Science which some claim is a branch off of New Thought.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The cold weather affects me too. That comes from the outside. I am not trying to isolate myself from the world. I would rather embrace it and accept all its nuances. Yes the outer world affects me a great deal. But it is worth the pain for what it has to teach. No pain, no gain.

Have you ever considered that those belief systems which make you feel angry are not there to teach "you".. and that your path may be different from some others who need those other paths to teach 'them" something.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It is because they are so sure that they are God. I don't find it that obvious. I really struggle with the principle. I am much more at peace with it now but it caused great heart ache in the past.

There is this great movement going on in society lead by the New Age, Gnostics and Hindus which claim I AM God. I am like; really? Wait a minute are you sure?

As I said I am much more at peace with the idea now.

It is not Hinduism who claims thus, but the philosophical sect of Advaita. Even Jesus and the sufi sage Mansur Al Hallaj claimed that they were God, and both were tortured and killed for it. They had become one with the impersonal Spirit, though they struggled to communicate this perception to the common masses.

If you are not comfortable with nondualist philosophies, then focus on dualistic religious philosophies.

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris teach that God is separate from the creation and is eternally pure while souls get corrupted with passage of time. Remembrance of God then enables such souls to purify themselves and attain the enlightened Karmateet state or state of being free of karmic impurities.

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris worship God as an incorporeal point of light, separate from the rest of creation

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 06-01-2020, 05:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
Have you ever considered that those belief systems which make you feel angry are not there to teach "you".. and that your path may be different from some others who need those other paths to teach 'them" something.
You might be SPOT ON.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-01-2020, 05:48 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
It used to make me angry to hear Christians tell people they were going to hell if they did not believe in Jesus. It made me angry that some Muslims thought they had to wage Jihad in this world, when the true Jihad is the war that takes place within us. I can go on and on, and on, but these things really were not making me angry, rather it was me that was making me angry

Needs to be FRAMED
Old 06-01-2020, 05:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
I don't believe anybody needs to be taught something that it isn't so (something different). The issue is that it's difficult to know who's right, which path is right. The only way is to look for answers from your inner source of knowledge and guidance.

And, there is never a good reason to be angry (nor fearful).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I don't believe anybody needs to be taught something that it isn't so (something different). The issue is that it's difficult to know who's right, which path is right. The only way is to look for answers from your inner source of knowledge and guidance.

And, there is never a good reason to be angry (nor fearful).
I am halfway through reading a book called "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck" and I have to say...it is the best book I have EVER read...and I have read many.

This book has brought me immense feelings of joy...crying and laughing are happening simultaneously...emotions stirring in a cold heart...trance state enabled!

Here is the 5 hour audio version if anybody is interested (and cannot be bothered straining their eyes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqMNMBxFxkY

However, I didn't make this post to advertise a book..

We need to become aware when something just "isn't for us, personally" like others have said and there is no use whining about how much we disagree with it, or would like it to be any other way than it is just to suit our beliefs about the way it should be, because life isn't LIKE that! There are going to be some things you hate and some things you love and instead of focusing on the things which make you angry, why not focus on the things that make you happy and forget stuff like "New Age" and "Hinduism" if it is only going to create rage inside.

I mean, you could always become a Christian fundamentalist and say that Hinduism and the New Age is Satanic because of the arrogant claims of personal Divinity being the "work of the Devil" and I can fully understand why Christians say that... because they want to distance themselves as far away as possible from a concept which makes them angry, disgusted and fearful....it is human nature to reject that which doesn't satisfy... that which continues to make us suffer albeit unnecessarily in most cases, it is because we just give too many f*cks about things which simply don't deserve it and our time would be better spent giving f*cks about things more important to us... those things we are passionate about.

We only tend to give undue attention to those things which make us angry or depressed when there is nothing we actually DO care about in any real, positive way...so that is what we should be focusing on.

Some people are obsessive over one thing...like the religious convictions of others and if it gets way past the point where it is having a detrimental effect on one's life and they cannot move on from there, well, that's the time when professional psychiatric help may be required... which may not be a bad idea, considering how many "I hate the I AM" threads Honza has made since joining...go see a doctor, mate...either go see a shrink, become a fundamentalist Christian and tell us we are all going to Hell...or do both...but this is the very last time I post on one of these "I hate the New Age" threads on what is essentially a New Age Forum! So, fully accept Jesus Christ into your life and be done with the rest of us, okay? ...and forget the fact that a Hindu is encouraging you to become a Christian. LOL
Old 08-01-2020, 11:15 PM
Master
What bothers me most about it all is that they are anti-intellectual and have a religious-globalist agenda.

They interpret and mould every belief that isn't theirs into their own. They'll interpret any religious figure as some ''self-realized'' being or any god as another form of Krishna, or Shiva, or any other Hindu deity. There is zero respect for differences or academic investigation as everything becomes what they want it to be.

Honestly, they are what Christianity was during the colonial era, fitting local river flood stories into some grand story of Noah. Don't worry, the Jesuit will make sense of your local beliefs! You just need Jesus too. Today's religious globalists are the Hindus and their New Age foot soldiers. They'll be there for you to fix your religious beliefs and guide you to theirs.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:39 PM
Master

Every belief system is "anti-" other belief systems. Why? Because they're systems (some author called them pendulums) which compete for energy (adherents' energy). Science as a belief system does the same thing.

"Intellect" is a dimension. People are distributed on it on a bell curve, isn't it? Intellect isn't reflected by someone's diplomas, job titles, people's vote of confidence, ...

"Intuition" is the next level of evolvement beyond "intellect", and this is a good argument against deifying the science of the day.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
What bothers me most about it all is that they are anti-intellectual and have a religious-globalist agenda.

They interpret and mould every belief that isn't theirs into their own. They'll interpret any religious figure as some ''self-realized'' being or any god as another form of Krishna, or Shiva, or any other Hindu deity. There is zero respect for differences or academic investigation as everything becomes what they want it to be.

Honestly, they are what Christianity was during the colonial era, fitting local river flood stories into some grand story of Noah. Don't worry, the Jesuit will make sense of your local beliefs! You just need Jesus too. Today's religious globalists are the Hindus and their New Age foot soldiers. They'll be there for you to fix your religious beliefs and guide you to theirs.

I tend to agree with you here. They change everything to suit themselves.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.