Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-05-2020, 10:30 PM
Soul Seeker

Is Yahweh breaking an objective moral tenet?

I have found few examples of an objective moral tenet but think that, --- the good of the many, outweighs the good of the few, --- to be an objective moral tenet. It seems correct in all situations.

You might disagree with an example where this tenet is not objective or applicable.

Yahweh seems to put the good of the few ahead of the good of the many. Scriptures indicate that the many will end in hell while the few will end in heaven.

In thinking of this, I also thought that Yahweh was breaking another moral tenet by putting his life above his own child’s. He sent Jesus to die instead of stepping up himself, to appease his own wrath against man.

Should fathers put themselves and their lives above their children’s, or should fathers protect their children at all costs?

I know that few like to answer moral questions as we all have a bit of moral coward in us.

Do try to answer both of my questions please.

Regards
DL
Old 04-06-2020, 03:26 AM
Newbie ;)

Yahweh is the demiurge. A demonic archon. Goddess needs to take him home.
Old 18-06-2020, 04:13 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Avatar
Yahweh is the demiurge. A demonic archon. Goddess needs to take him home.

I will take this as a yes.

I think that the demiurge was described more as a bumbling idiot when the term was conceived. Not so much as evil.

Unfortunately, the inquisitors burned to many Gnostic Christian manuscripts and murdered to many of us for modern Gnostics to know all the good thinking our ancients were doing.

You seem to be a Gnostic Christian. Who do you say your god is?

Regards
DL
Old 18-06-2020, 04:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker

I have found few examples of an objective moral tenet but think that, --- the good of the many, outweighs the good of the few, --- to be an objective moral tenet. It seems correct in all situations.

You might disagree with an example where this tenet is not objective or applicable.

Yahweh seems to put the good of the few ahead of the good of the many. Scriptures indicate that the many will end in hell while the few will end in heaven.
Newer, more accurate translations do not say "many will end in hell"; actually 'hell' is not used in those translations.

Quote:
In thinking of this, I also thought that Yahweh was breaking another moral tenet by putting his life above his own child’s. He sent Jesus to die instead of stepping up himself, to appease his own wrath against man.

Should fathers put themselves and their lives above their children’s, or should fathers protect their children at all costs?

I know that few like to answer moral questions as we all have a bit of moral coward in us.

Do try to answer both of my questions please.

Regards
DL
Jesus' life was never in danger. He never really died. He still lives today.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-06-2020, 12:23 PM
Master

What Yahweh does determines objective morality.
Old 19-06-2020, 08:08 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Newer, more accurate translations do not say "many will end in hell"; actually 'hell' is not used in those translations.

Jesus' life was never in danger. He never really died. He still lives today.

Nice lie. Is that all you have to offer?

If there is no hell, then show where Yahweh's will to save us all is accomplished.

Regards
DL
Old 19-06-2020, 08:10 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
What Yahweh does determines objective morality.

So Hitler was doing the moral thing, when like Yahweh, he used genocide.

Yours is a strange type of satanic morality, and you are correct that Yahweh has just that.

That is why we, like Yahweh, are acting moral when we torture and kill babies.

Keep following your satanic god.

Regards
DL
Old 19-06-2020, 11:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Nice lie. Is that all you have to offer?

If there is no hell, then show where Yahweh's will to save us all is accomplished.

Regards
DL
You seem to claim to have all of answers, so why not tell us?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-06-2020, 12:47 PM
Master

Quote:
So Hitler was doing the moral thing, when like Yahweh, he used genocide.

Yours is a strange type of satanic morality, and you are correct that Yahweh has just that.

That is why we, like Yahweh, are acting moral when we torture and kill babies.

Keep following your satanic god.

Regards
DL

Yahweh created us and gave us all life. That means he owns us and has the right to take back our lives anytime he wishes. Neither Hitler nor any other human has that right. If he chose to do so, Yahweh could wipe out the entire human race and he would not be doing anything wrong.
Old 20-06-2020, 04:48 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You seem to claim to have all of answers, so why not tell us?

I can do it easily within Gnostic Christian thinking. Not your faith based literal reading of myths.

You made the claim, not me.

Nice reverse onus though.

To show your point, you have to eliminate hell and that is not the Christian way.

Christians love to hate all not in their fascist religion and will even move to a church that preaches it while ignoring their preachers that show Yahweh as a universalist god.

Regards
DL