Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-04-2020, 07:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocence3.0
Hello everyone!
I'm new here but happy to share with you and today i have this question on my mind.
Through all the videos of the net, how would you single out a true spiritual master? Is it his teaching? His aura? His "results" in teaching awareness to others ? His behaviour in life?
Personally i've met two spiritual masters that i am certain of. It's Amma from India, whom a lot of people know, and a woman called Maria in France.
She's just been interviewed recently and the videos are on youtube (in french but there are english subtitles for the first one).
Her teaching is about awareness of the egos in our daily life, letting go of the suffering caused by our dysfonctioning and living in the present moment. Nothing new under the sun, but of course it depends on WHO is teaching you.
Tell me what you think!
there everywhere. I've even been inspired by ants. A teacher it someone or something that inspires you in a positive way. That inspiration is already in you. Typically you just need something to bring it out. That can be anything.
Old 26-04-2020, 11:51 AM
Knower
Quote:
how would you single out a true spiritual master? Is it his teaching? His aura? His "results" in teaching awareness to others ? His behaviour in life?
Personally i've met two spiritual masters that i am certain of. It's Amma from India, whom a lot of people know, and a woman called Maria in France.
Hey and welcome to the forum. My master used to say: "You will recognize them by their fruits".

I have never heard of Maria. Can you please post more info about her? (or PM me a link to her website since you're not yet allowed to post it?)
Old 26-04-2020, 11:55 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentDrum
Hey and welcome to the forum. My master used to say: "You will recognize them by their fruits".

I have never heard of Maria. Can you please post more info about her? (or PM me a link to her website since you're not yet allowed to post it?)

Yes of course i ll try to give you the link for her video on utube by PM. I just need to learn how to do that first! 😄
Old 26-04-2020, 12:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello everyone!
I'm new here but happy to share with you and today i have this question on my mind.
Through all the videos of the net, how would you single out a true spiritual master? Is it his teaching? His aura? His "results" in teaching awareness to others ? His behaviour in life?
She's just been interviewed recently and the videos are on youtube (in french but there are english subtitles for the first one).
Her teaching is about awareness of the egos in our daily life, letting go of the suffering caused by our dysfonctioning and living in the present moment. Nothing new under the sun, but of course it depends on WHO is teaching you.
Tell me what you think!

When the student is ready, the teacher appears.

When the student is truly ready, the teacher disappears.

Old 26-04-2020, 01:35 PM
ketzer

[quote=hallow]there everywhere. I've even been inspired by ants. A teacher it someone or something that inspires you in a positive way. That inspiration is already in you. Typically you just need something to bring it out. That can be anything.[UNQUOTE=hallow]

Exactly!

Three cheese balls for you!

Although I did have an ant on my dad's side of the family who once tried to teach me that God made dinosaur fossils to trick people and test their faith in the bible... so not all ants teach the same lessons I suppose.

About the only advice I would add is not to be so busy looking for the right teacher that one fails to stop every once and a while and watch the ants.

Oh yeah, and all the good teachers don't take American Express or Discover Cards! But you probably already knew that.
Old 26-04-2020, 05:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
When the student is ready, the teacher appears.

When the student is truly ready, the teacher disappears.

Nice.

Some say they don't need a teacher, guru, master. But if a person is serious about their growth, development, awakening, they definitely need one. Someone to help them stay on track as its easy to go astray without one. Its easy to fool yourself into thinking you're developing, that you are going somewhere when your just going in circles. So a master is needed. Not many people are serious though, they just pretend to be.

As far as being able to recognize one. Its hard to say. They may have completely different qualities, characteristics. I say the best are like con men. They give you a needle and tell you that if you inject yourself with it, you will feel enteral bliss and love. Yet you do and instead you get a virus growing inside of you. That becomes more and more uncomfortable. And slowly, slowly destroys you. Metaphorically speaking of course.
Old 26-04-2020, 05:33 PM
Newbie ;)

To be honest I don't believe there is one specific way. It is an intuition in your heart that says this is one of your gurus. You just know.
Old 26-04-2020, 08:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Bienvenue Innocence,

Il est rare de rencontrer ici des personnes qui comprennent le français.

Au plaisir !

Ce n'est pas si rare.

Paix
Old 26-04-2020, 10:25 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Ce n'est pas si rare.

Paix

Thank you!
Old 27-04-2020, 05:43 AM
Master
I'd say youd identify a true master by the message they share with others. Easy. Love and peace be with you and all others my friend.( words of a true master ). A true master radiates love in all that they do. Love is their rock and foundation. Amen