Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 21-06-2019, 09:24 PM
BlackfoxNZ

But it’s funny how every problem we bring up has a pattern hidden within which is it always less to more problems which then always led back to to personals actions and choices they have made in the past, which makes it very hard to combat as to attack and problem you have to attack someone’s past choices and actions which is morally not good or just let them carry on and hope they see you doing something different and follow suit, but that is still no better as they haven’t done any deep thinking yet instead just followed someone or something else.
Yes it can be done via a spiritual awakening by the masses but you still have to deal with emotions overpowering their minds creating false moral standards and disrespectful actions to others and the possibility of no respecting their own “free will” to chose what to do or say, and yes free will is a very subjective term and can fall apart in a instant when questioned but I’ll use it for reference to make it more understandable for those who may not be at such a level as others or myself,
Old 02-07-2019, 05:41 PM
Master
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackfoxNZ
But it’s funny how every problem we bring up has a pattern hidden within which is it always less to more problems which then always led back to to personals actions and choices they have made in the past, which makes it very hard to combat as to attack and problem you have to attack someone’s past choices and actions which is morally not good or just let them carry on and hope they see you doing something different and follow suit, but that is still no better as they haven’t done any deep thinking yet instead just followed someone or something else.
Yes it can be done via a spiritual awakening by the masses but you still have to deal with emotions overpowering their minds creating false moral standards and disrespectful actions to others and the possibility of no respecting their own “free will” to chose what to do or say, and yes free will is a very subjective term and can fall apart in a instant when questioned but I’ll use it for reference to make it more understandable for those who may not be at such a level as others or myself,

Blackfox, hello...

Any help is welcome, whether people do it because they follow suit or not, but I agree, ideally people have the necessary knowledge and insight in order to make positive changes. But with most people, and I'll give one example.. they think putting the plastic in the bin is just the ''nice thing'' to do. To make the streets clean. They do not understand the wind and streams will carry the plastic eventually into the oceans, and animals here and there will eat it as well. It is already simply too many steps to take for the average mind, hence we need proper education and good leaders, and the latter is lacking and the former stays mostly within a specific demographic..

I agree with your second paragraph. It is very easy to create false moral standards, even more so on the spiritual path when people assume that, because they can *have* a ''spiritual'' experience they are then justified in whatever it is that they are doing. So if a rapist, murderer or abuser gets a nice ''spiritual experience'' [by his own 'word' of course...] the day after he commits the deed he can say ''See, I gots zze experientz. I'm cool. We are all equally gud *fart* You can't touch me *burp* ''

It seems any clown can weasle himself out of despicable behaviour. Again, we need proper guidance, it seems we are lacking this, and this has gotten worse in this decade especially because of all sorts of crises..

We are all free, but what does it mean when that freedom depends on the lack of freedom of others or an overall decline in living standard due to a degraded ecosystem..? Do we sacrifice all common sense and living standards, including clean air and water, and health of ecosystems just so we can say ''I can pollute and I am free to do as I please''..?

This would only mean we have a serious lack of wisdom..

PS. could you please use points next time? :>

Old 30-07-2019, 06:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Altair - I agree with everything you said. I have recycled for years and years and it was just recently that I learned that most of recycled materials end up in landfills due to the cost of shipping and other logistics on towns and cities across countries. So I have decided to reduce my footprint by buying less food that comes in packaging.

Most governments forgot to really do recycling. They took the easy way out which was to pack the garbage and ship it to China for the cottage industries.

The movie "Plastic China" alerted china to the problem. Now China only accepts garbage that meets Chinese standards.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 30-07-2019, 06:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Humans Are Driving One Million Species to Extinction
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...to-extinction/

What we do with this information, how we act, etc gives us a clue about our own spirituality. Do we care only about our own self-discovery or do we extent our self beyond that and care about the living space of our own kind and of so many others..? Do we appreciate the world and it's diversity or do we turn our backs to it and only care about the self?

Choices, choices...

When so many pray for Mother Earth's evolution, do they realize those prayers might have consequences?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-09-2019, 09:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
When so many pray for Mother Earth's evolution, do they realize those prayers might have consequences?

Hi John.
Those prayers don't do all that much, except make the individual lose his/her current stress. Prayer is not going to fix any environmental mess we've made. Same way meditation doesn't cure the world's ills. Any larger and more serious issues are tackled or improved through action, not in-action.

Thanks for dropping by...
Old 02-09-2019, 02:25 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Humans Are Driving One Million Species to Extinction
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...to-extinction/

What we do with this information, how we act, etc gives us a clue about our own spirituality. Do we care only about our own self-discovery or do we extent our self beyond that and care about the living space of our own kind and of so many others..? Do we appreciate the world and it's diversity or do we turn our backs to it and only care about the self?

Choices, choices...

It's all true, people are essentially destroying the world. But now what?

I am one person in an urban setting. We have mostly perpetual drought here so trying to grow anything is really a struggle. I've tried. If I could stay at home and tend to the needs of plants, I could do it. But reality says I need to pay my bills or I'll be out on the street. Nothing huge mind you, just mortgage, utilities, cable, but those bills are quite limiting.

Do I talk about the environment and species extinctions? No. Why not? Because that causes massive anxiety for me. It's one thing to recognize the problem, but to then realize there is nothing you can do to fix it? It's agonizing.

I watch politicians and wealthy people struggle to gain more more more. Always more. Will they ever be satisfied and recognize that they, too, could face extinction some day? Not very likely.

Yet those same politicians and wealth people are the very ones who set policy and actually have power to institute change.

And yes, I'm a spiritualist. That's not just to do with believing in spirits, heavens no. The overarching belief is in God and the perpetuation of life energy. About the ultimate reunion with Source.

But that in no way implies spiritualists don't care what's happening in nature. They tend to take in strays, plant butterfly gardens, help the down-and-out. They also don't ballyhoo and shout their efforts from rooftops. They tend to be quiet and not interested in being in the limelight.

The recycling thing really upset me too. I've recycled for decades now, and then to learn that it all ends up in landfills ANYWAY???? Because there isn't a market for it anymore and no one wants our used aluminum cans...
Old 03-09-2019, 05:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
The recycling thing really upset me too. I've recycled for decades now, and then to learn that it all ends up in landfills ANYWAY???? Because there isn't a market for it anymore and no one wants our used aluminum cans...
...... ends up in a landfill or is incinerated.

There is a market for aluminum cans. One item homeless people collect
so as to sell them is aluminum cans.
The governments can't do it for a profit so
they try telling us there is no market.

Go to a 3rd world country and you will be
surprised how much is recycled.

Old 03-09-2019, 08:28 PM
Master
I talked about this topic with some people during a yoga week this summer, and they mentioned how they liked watching nature documentaries but disliked any ''negative'' parts about the destruction caused by people, so trying to avoid those parts, turn off the TV, not read any news etc. In other words, shield yourself from reality because the nastier bits are best tackled by pretending they do not exist. I think closing ourselves off from problems is as much a choice with consequences as trying to improve things. The in-action itself is also an action.

And I think that is the key here, and a core issue I see with much of modern spirituality. The modern spiritual movements are soft and prefer to live in a bubble, scared to be confronted by anything or anyone. Modern spirituality is almost saying... ''You go and behave like the passive fairytale princess, and you will be enlightened.'' Elsewhere I talked about it with another guy, who like me, observed the same in spiritual circles, that there are those whom are too much ''in the clouds'', focussing on ''higher chakras'', so much so that they become imbalanced and incapable of taking care of their bodies, and are scared to speak up about anything.

It's this denial of the earth, not just taking care of our home, but also in spiritual practice (such as ignoring lower chakras) that is just not at all helpful to us in any way, shape, or form. This is what I view as the core issue with modern spirituality. Not taking care of a base, not having any fundament to stand upon. This lack creates a mess. Collectively, we need to get ''down to earth'', both literally and spiritually.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:32 PM
Master
Fish

This is a good thread Altair, I will not repeat what other peeps have allready said about are dear mouther earth, but I

do have something to contribute, but i'm working on it.
in places where others do not.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:36 AM
Master
On a human level, the rate at which we are destroying the planet is horrifying. Like parasites. Just hearing about the fires in the Amazon. And i just recently came back from visiting the Amazon rainforest. The diversity of plants and animals dying there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upU1hlPXBpY&t=8s