Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 26-03-2016, 09:55 PM
Knower
Ten Commandments - Are they taken from Egypt's Principles of Ma'at?

There are some indications that "the Ten Commandments, eight of them at least, were taken from the Egyptian Principles of Ma’at written at least 2000 years earlier." Various subsets of these principles have been found in the tombs and inscriptions of ancient Egypt.

According to the Torah, Moses spent a significant amount of time in the Egyptian court and this suggests that he may have been familiar with these Principles.

http://www.lightwear.co.uk/42-princi...-commandments/
Old 26-03-2016, 10:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImmortal
There are some indications that "the Ten Commandments, eight of them at least, were taken from the Egyptian Principles of Ma’at written at least 2000 years earlier." Various subsets of these principles have been found in the tombs and inscriptions of ancient Egypt.

According to the Torah, Moses spent a significant amount of time in the Egyptian court and this suggests that he may have been familiar with these Principles.

http://www.lightwear.co.uk/42-princi...-commandments/

Or mybe the Hittites.
Old 27-03-2016, 02:56 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Or maybe the Hittites.

Do you have a link supporting a possible Hittite connection to the Ten Commandments ?
Old 27-03-2016, 07:09 PM
Master
chr_10ck.htmQUOTE=TheImmortal]Do you have a link supporting a possible Hittite connection to the Ten Commandments ?[/quote]

There is lots of info: out there, I don't have links as I read a few different ones last year while finding out about various stories in the bible being copied from previous pagan religions.Just google....
Old 27-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Master
http://debatingchristianity.com/foru...c.php?p=247925

You might find this link interesting.
Old 27-03-2016, 11:42 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
http://debatingchristianity.com/foru...c.php?p=247925

You might find this link interesting.

Thank you very much. I found it very interesting. I had suspected as much, but your linked article sums it up quite nicely.

Thanks again.

EXCERPT:

"Everything in the christian bible was taken from Ancient Pagan Texts that pre-dated it by thousands of years. This has been proven time and time again, and is becoming harder and harder for christians to deny."
Old 28-03-2016, 09:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you very much. I found it very interesting. I had suspected as much, but your linked article sums it up quite nicely.

Thanks again.

EXCERPT:

"Everything in the christian bible was taken from Ancient Pagan Texts that pre-dated it by thousands of years. This has been proven time and time again, and is becoming harder and harder for christians to deny."

Glad you enjoyed it
Old 28-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

EXCERPT:

Everything? Even the crucifixion, Paul's letters, the acts of the apostles?

I'm no Christian (neither am I Jewish) but I urge anyone to exercise the same caution when reading articles on the internet as they do when reading the bible.
Old 28-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObServant
Everything? Even the crucifixion, Paul's letters, the acts of the apostles?

I'm no Christian (neither am I Jewish) but I urge anyone to exercise the same caution when reading articles on the internet as they do when reading the bible.

Your point is well taken and, in retrospect, I am stunned that I used that particular quote from the article. In my haste to post a quick response, I took a summary line from the article without reflecting on the poor choice of words when taken out of context.

In any case, the article was clearly in reference to SOME of the Judaic scriptures that have been embraced by Christianity. That is the thrust of the article whose link was provided by the other poster. My original post was directed at the Ten Commandments specifically and the subsequent poster merely brought up examples where other parts of the Judaic scriptures may also have been taken from more ancient sources.

Thanks for raising your very valid point. There is an expression, "Act in haste, repent in leisure", and, unfortunately, that is exactly what I have done.