Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 03-08-2015, 05:46 AM
Pathfinder

Descendants of king david

I know this is not really a spiritual question, but, I was watching a TV show called "who do you think you are", which traces the ancestry of celebrities, one of these was Andrew Denton (you have to be Australian to know who he is) The genealogical researchers were able to trace his Jewish ancestors back to the 1400's CE for a fact and by tradition from Rashi in the 1000's CE, and Rashi is traditionally descended from King David. I was just curious on how seriously claims of descent from King David are taken by the Jewish people, and are any recognized as such. The reason I also ask, is that the messiah has to be descended from King David, but it seems to me that after all these years absolute proof would be nigh on impossible to prove. so oral history and tradition might have to suffice.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:02 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

I actually ascend from possible David backgrounds, bother Grandparents are David, one from England and one from Scotland

I'm also Cusped Libra/Scorpio with a life path of 9 :3
Old 06-08-2015, 12:39 AM
youngwarriorwholovesGod

Jesus son of God was fromDavidic roots. David was a very blessed man an his descendants all have his golden spirit. I believe I am Davidic because I used to often have past life dreams of David
Old 06-08-2015, 01:34 AM
Pathfinder

Yehoshua ben YOSEF (know to most of you as jesus)

While the gospels go at great lengths to show the genealogy of David to Yosef. according to Christians, Yehoushua is the son of God, not Yosef, so he cannot be descended from David's line on his fathers side. I have heard that some Christians claim that, his mother Miriam (know to Christians as Mary) is also descended from David, but as this is a much latter tradition of Christian churches, I think its just an add on. So I believe Christians cant have it both ways, For Christians, he was either the son of God, or descended from David, but not both.

Last edited by Dragonsong : 06-08-2015 at 04:19 AM.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:18 AM
youngwarriorwholovesGod

Wrong twice ^^^

First of all Jesus was born of the virgin, Joseph was not his father his Davidic blood is from Mary. Secondly Mary is called Mary because her name in Aramaic was Maryah. Thirdly, why can you not accept Jesus was the prophecied Son of God, when the Torah (Old Testament) proclaims his coming and its details on several accounts?
Old 07-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Pathfinder

I am not going to debate with you on this sub forum, It hasn't even got anything to do with my original post. But in answer to your last question go to herehttp://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:40 AM
Guide

King Solomon was a direct descendent of David. He had all so many foreign wives. 700 was it? Blood drops could be anywhere.

I am like 3% genetic Jewish but have not yet been able to trace back the root of an ancestor who was practicing Jew. I have sort of traced my roots back to Pompey the Great who once stood in the Jewish Temple, but that's not such a nice story.
Old 19-08-2015, 08:25 AM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear Blue Sky
King Solomon was a direct descendent of David. He had all so many foreign wives. 700 was it? Blood drops could be anywhere.

I am like 3% genetic Jewish but have not yet been able to trace back the root of an ancestor who was practicing Jew. I have sort of traced my roots back to Pompey the Great who once stood in the Jewish Temple, but that's not such a nice story.

How did you trace your ancestors to Pompeii ? Just curios as I'm doing my tree now.
Old 19-08-2015, 11:23 PM
Pathfinder

there are a lot of websites out there with a lot of genealogy like http://fabpedigree.com, The site does not cite sources, and No I'm not trying to sell it, its free, but if you have any famous ancestors you will probably find them here, pedigrees that go back to ancient Egyptians, ancient Irish kings, and even gods, most of this is mythical, and not proven , but its fun to trace for example the descendants of the Norse or Greek Gods. More realistic are the ancestors and descendants of the European Kings and Queens, For those who are from the USA it has a lot of genealogical information on every American President. I'm not sure about Obama, he might not have made it on the list yet. You will also find Pompey the Great here.
Old 20-08-2015, 07:49 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsong
there are a lot of websites out there with a lot of genealogy like http://fabpedigree.com, The site does not cite sources, and No I'm not trying to sell it, its free, but if you have any famous ancestors you will probably find them here, pedigrees that go back to ancient Egyptians, ancient Irish kings, and even gods, most of this is mythical, and not proven , but its fun to trace for example the descendants of the Norse or Greek Gods. More realistic are the ancestors and descendants of the European Kings and Queens, For those who are from the USA it has a lot of genealogical information on every American President. I'm not sure about Obama, he might not have made it on the list yet. You will also find Pompey the Great here.

Thank you. These types of site are very unreliable because they don't have documentation to prove anything.

That is why I find the op saying he could trace his ancestors to Pompeii a little strange. Documents from that era are very few and far, only Royals or important people would have paper work going so far back and even then a lot of it gets lost along the years. Thanks anyway.