Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 27-02-2018, 07:55 AM
Ascender

www.awakeninthedream.com/terminal-insanity/

“The world today hangs by a thin thread, and that thread is the psyche of man.”
- C. G. Jung

"How does anyone possibly express in words the state of collective madness that humanity has fallen into at this time in our history? As if in a hypnotic trance, our species is enacting a mass ritual suicide on a global scale, rushing as fast as we can towards our own self-destruction. We are destroying the biospheric life-support systems of the planet in so many different ways that it is as if we are determined to make this suicide attempt work—using a variety of methods as a perverse insurance policy, in case a couple of them don’t do the job. What modern-day humanity is confronted with, to quote the author and Trappist monk Thomas Merton, is “a crisis of sanity first of all.” In trying to find a way to write about this state of affairs, I find myself going “off-planet,” imagining what it would look like if some enlightened aliens, in their travels throughout the universe, came upon our planet. Observing from a distance, they would naturally see all the various living beings who call planet earth home as related members of one larger organism—a single eco-system—who literally depend upon each other for survival."

----------

“When society reaches a stage where property confers rank, where wealth becomes the only source of virtue, passion the sole bond between man and wife, falsehood the source of success in life, sex the only means of enjoyment, and when outer trappings are confused with inner religion…then we are in the Kali Yuga—the Dark Age.”

~ The Vishnu Purana

----------

“Make no mistake. The greatest destroyer of ecology. The greatest source of waste, depletion and pollution. The greatest purveyor of violence, war, crime, poverty, animal abuse and inhumanity. The greatest generator of personal and social neurosis, mental disorders, depression, anxiety. Not to mention the greatest source of social paralysis, stopping us from moving into new methodologies for personal health, global sustainability and progress on this planet, is not some corrupt government or legislation.

Not some rogue corporation or banking cartel. Not some flaw of human nature and not some secret cabal that controls the world.
It is the socioeconomic system itself at its very foundation.”

~ Peter Joseph

----------

"The real hopeless victims of mental illness are to be found among those who appear to be most normal. Many of them are normal because they are so well adjusted to our mode of existence, because their human voice has been silenced so early in their lives, that they do not even struggle or suffer or develop symptoms as the neurotic does." They are normal not in what may be called the absolute sense of the word; they are normal only in relation to a profoundly abnormal society. Their perfect adjustment to that abnormal society is a measure of their mental sickness. These millions of abnormally normal people, living without fuss in a society to which, if they were fully human beings, they ought not to be adjusted."

~Aldous Huxley

----------

To be at peace with a troubled world is not a reasonable aim

recoverynet.ca/2015/01/07/to-be-at-peace-with-a-troubled-world-is-not-a-reasonable-aim/

-----------

"Those people who, through their expression of pain or confusion, fall into the arms of the 'helping professions', perhaps becoming psychiatrically diagnosed as psychotic or neurotic or 'inadequate personalities', have in my experience almost all arrived at their predicament through an entirely comprehensible, rational and (of course with hindsight) predictable process.

If you run over a pea with a steam roller you don't blame the pea for what happens to it, nor, sensibly, do you treat its injuries as some kind of shortcoming inherent in its internal structure, whether inherited or acquired.

Similarly, if you place the (literally) unimaginably sensitive organisms which human babies are in the kind of social and environmental machinery which we seem bent on 'perfecting', it can be no real surprise that so many of them end up, as adults, as lost, bemused, miserable and crazy as they do.

The only surprise, perhaps, is that so many pass as 'normal',"

David Smail
Taking Care

-----------
Old 27-02-2018, 07:57 AM
Ascender

More than two million people in the United States have a diagnosis of schizophrenia, and the treatment for most of them mainly involves strong doses of antipsychotic drugs that blunt hallucinations and delusions but can come with unbearable side effects, like severe weight gain or debilitating tremors.

Now, results of a landmark government-funded study call that approach into question. The findings, from by far the most rigorous trial to date conducted in the United States, concluded that schizophrenia patients who received smaller doses of antipsychotic medication and a bigger emphasis on one-on-one talk therapy and family support made greater strides in recovery over the first two years of treatment than patients who got the usual drug-focused care.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/20/he...enia.html?_r=0

MIA's Article on all this -

Results of a large government-funded study call into question current drug heavy approaches to treating people diagnosed with schizophrenia. The study, which the New York Times called “by far the most rigorous trial to date conducted in the United States,” found that patients who received smaller doses of antipsychotic drugs with individual talk therapy, family training, and support for employment and education had a greater reduction in symptoms as well as increases in quality of life, and participation in work and school than those receiving the current standard of care.

http://www.madinamerica.com/2015/10/...-more-therapy/

This is an ideal, but i like the description -

How therapy works -

www.brantcortright.com/howtherapyworks.html

Therapy creates a safe, accepting atmosphere to explore our life. The quality of the therapeutic relationship is crucial: just as our wounding occurred in relationship, so healing occurs in relationship as well. No one can do this alone. We can’t see our own defenses because they are unconscious. Everyone needs another person skilled in understanding unconscious defenses in order to work through them.

I view psychological healing within the larger context of spiritual unfolding. It is a journey into the painful shadows of the psyche in which we discover our hidden light. Psychotherapy generally begins in some kind of pain or baffling lack of fulfillment. Although the person may be outwardly successful, inwardly there are struggles in things such as relationship, intimacy, health, stress, meaningful work, compulsions, anxiety, depression. In the context of a healing therapeutic relationship, the “night sea journey” of therapy leads from pain, frustration, and fragmentation to increasing enjoyment, vitality, and wholeness. It is a movement from alienation or isolation to authenticity and greater connection, from a shaky sense of self and self-esteem to feeling centered and valued, from darkness to light.

Therapy stands on three legs, each of which provides an important window into the psyche:
Our current life situation
Our past relationships and family wounding
The client/therapist relationship

Current psychotherapy research emphasizes the importance of the body’s actual, felt sense as key to getting out of our heads and into our lived experience. Following our heart’s deeper guidance leads us within.

Wrapped in the dark camouflage of our wounds lie jewels, waiting to be discovered. Drawing on the psycho-spiritual wisdom of east and west, a relational, embodied approach to psychotherapy allows us to touch our tender, wounded sides for healing and growth, leading to a life of deep relationships with others, creativity, meaningful work that engages our skills and talents, and connection to our deepest spiritual center.
Old 27-02-2018, 08:06 AM
Ascender

Psychiatrist Says: More Psychiatry Means More Shootings

https://www.madinamerica.com/2018/02...ore-shootings/
Old 27-02-2018, 08:28 AM
Ascender

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " - Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." - Ghandi
Old 27-02-2018, 08:39 AM
Ascender

Michael Guy Thompson: The Legacy Of RD Laing

https://www.madinamerica.com/2018/02...gacy-rd-laing/

By
Will Hall
February 14, 2018

"Is breakdown really breakthrough? Should unhappy people be made to adjust to a mad society? Scottish psychiatrist R.D. Laing made a huge cultural impact, shaping the psychiatric survivor movement and offering a psychological critique of social conventions in a time of the Vietnam War and the 60s. How are Laing’s revolutionary insights about the family and culture still relevant today?

Michael Guy Thompson, a psychoanalyst and founder of the Gnosis Retreat Center, worked with R.D. Laing in London and has created hospital alternative sanctuaries for people struggling with experiences called psychosis."
Old 27-02-2018, 09:00 AM
Ascender

Neoliberalism Is Taking a Steep Toll on an Entire Generation's Mental Health: Study
Research finds our economic system has made us more judgmental of each other and ourselves.
By Jacob Sugarman / AlterNet
January 25, 2018, 12:55 PM GMT

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...er1087990&t=20
Old 27-02-2018, 09:38 AM
Ascender

Neoliberalism Is Killing Us: Economic Stress as a Driver of Global Depression and Suicide

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/ite...on-and-suicide
Old 03-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Master
you might be interested in this radio interview about the recent study of the efficacy of anti-depressants https://www.madinamerica.com/2018/03...tidepressants/
Old 14-03-2018, 05:17 AM
Experiencer

Hi Being.

I've also been diagnosed with a form of schizophrenia called schizo-affective disorder. With schizo-affective disorder, the person has schizophrenic thinking (the 'schizo' part which has to do with THOUGHT), and negative emotions (the 'affective' part which has to do with EMOTION). The schizo part and the affective part are directly related and form a complex of negative (perhaps delusional) thinking and corresponding negative emotions.

Anyway, I, like you, have sought healing and have discovered something you might find helpful.

I feel sure that, until I found healing, I did indeed have a brain disorder. One of my uncles also has schizo-affective disorder and I believe I inherited it from my dad's DNA (although he doesn't have the disorder it's in his DNA).

This is what I discovered. The physical body, like the mind, is a manifestation of Source energy, universal consciousness, Buddha nature, however you want to put it. And, like the mind, the physical body, and the parts of the physical body, can be in touch with, or out of touch with, its divine nature and Source.

What I realized was that a PART of my brain was feeling separate and disconnected from Source. It was out of touch with its divine nature - THAT'S WHY IT WAS SICK.

So, I began repeating affirmations as a way of healing my brain. The following are examples of those affirmations:

'Every part of my brain is divine nature.'

'Every part of my brain is healthy and perfect.'

'Every part of my brain is a manifestation of God.'

'Every part of my brain is one with God.' (which is already true because separation is only an illusion)

(you can use these affirmations for any part of the body)

Well, after a few years, I found a healing. I was repeating the affirmations, and something happened to my brain - it joined with Source, it reconnected. I sat there for about twenty minutes feeling extreme bliss. I could FEEL the healing in my brain. My brain was in a state of bliss.

That's my take on how to find physical healing, including of brain disorders. You just need to know that physical sickness comes from bodily separation from Source. Then get to work repeating affirmations like the ones I mentioned.
Old 19-03-2018, 01:10 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
Hi Being.

I've also been diagnosed with a form of schizophrenia called schizo-affective disorder. With schizo-affective disorder, the person has schizophrenic thinking (the 'schizo' part which has to do with THOUGHT), and negative emotions (the 'affective' part which has to do with EMOTION). The schizo part and the affective part are directly related and form a complex of negative (perhaps delusional) thinking and corresponding negative emotions.

Anyway, I, like you, have sought healing and have discovered something you might find helpful.

I feel sure that, until I found healing, I did indeed have a brain disorder. One of my uncles also has schizo-affective disorder and I believe I inherited it from my dad's DNA (although he doesn't have the disorder it's in his DNA).

This is what I discovered. The physical body, like the mind, is a manifestation of Source energy, universal consciousness, Buddha nature, however you want to put it. And, like the mind, the physical body, and the parts of the physical body, can be in touch with, or out of touch with, its divine nature and Source.

What I realized was that a PART of my brain was feeling separate and disconnected from Source. It was out of touch with its divine nature - THAT'S WHY IT WAS SICK.

So, I began repeating affirmations as a way of healing my brain. The following are examples of those affirmations:

'Every part of my brain is divine nature.'

'Every part of my brain is healthy and perfect.'

'Every part of my brain is a manifestation of God.'

'Every part of my brain is one with God.' (which is already true because separation is only an illusion)

(you can use these affirmations for any part of the body)

Well, after a few years, I found a healing. I was repeating the affirmations, and something happened to my brain - it joined with Source, it reconnected. I sat there for about twenty minutes feeling extreme bliss. I could FEEL the healing in my brain. My brain was in a state of bliss.

That's my take on how to find physical healing, including of brain disorders. You just need to know that physical sickness comes from bodily separation from Source. Then get to work repeating affirmations like the ones I mentioned.

I think that this process is very logical and sounds like a sensible approach. There is however another way of understanding the cause of schizophrenia and that is the "spiritual" cause.
We are all energies and connected to the Divine and that connection remains after death. Spiritualist mediums regularly contact energies who have passed over. They converse with them but do not allow them to take control of the mediums mind or thoughts.
Because of our creative construction (energy to mass) we all have the potential to pick up or absorb other energies. Some people appear more "tuned in" to this phenomena than others possibly their Chakras are more widely tuned, just as some radios have a broad reception and you get crossed station reception. Mediums use this ability but if someone is unaware that this is happening to them they can't handle it and refer to it as "madness, or schizophrenia or such"
By taking control of your thoughts such as described by the above method we effectively "block" out or retune our mind into only taking its orders from ourselves.
I have even seem mediums telling unwanted energies to F*** off when the energies were trying to take control of the medium's mind.
Discipline the mind means that you are in control. Refuse to accept unwanted thoughts. The Divine is permanently supplying the correct energies that mankind uses for normal brain and harmonious human activity, but these support energies have trouble getting through to you if they are being blocked by malicious thought energies from souls passed on, but who just want, for selfish reasons to hang around the living.
Best Wishes

Last edited by Scommstech : 19-03-2018 at 03:16 PM.