Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > EFT

Old 10-09-2011, 06:48 PM
lisahey

lovin this thread! i was directed to an energetic healer for some concerns with my wee ones and he showed me this technique although i didnt know what it was called. the eldest child responded almost immediately as the energy/negativity/past was released as i was working on my own stuff. and in less than a week my ex was ready to release it too. i continue to use it when i feel stressed. i have no doubt it works (even with serious, physical, medical conditions, wow!) and you have to be honest with yourself and what you may be holding on to. which can be hard. results are amazing tho. thanks for sharing, xan!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Master
Powerful story, scorpiowitch. I was a solid gold skeptic about EFT until recent months, when I knew I had to have something pull me through, or fix me up or show me the way through dealing with the grief of losing my 23-year-old son in early 2010 and then my best friend passed in late June of this year.

I was able to get my chiro to email me the story of EFT and the Basics and not long at all after I started practicing it, I felt relief. Now for me, there was and is continuing turmoil emotionally and mentally, but they are coming up and out. And when they do, it's the same as before and yet it's different some how, it's like magic because the feelings that come up are more honest, more clean, they're not 'staying down in there like they are attached somehow although I know there have to be some residuals. I continue to use this everyday, having skipped 2 days the day before yesterday. I believe in it and I never ever thought I would so I am a happy camper with EFT.

When I first got the manual, I didn't want to wade through all the explanations, I just wanted to cut to the chase and start doing whatever they said to do, because the need was so strong. Now that I know the basics, I want to go back and read all about it because it's been a very important thing in my life. I've already read some of the history and how it came about. It's worth it and you owe it to yourself to give it a chance.

Old 27-09-2011, 05:23 PM
gem_layla16

Can EFT help for particular cravings, maybe to help when you wish to rid your body of toxins, in particular cigarettes?
Old 27-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gem_layla16
Can EFT help for particular cravings, maybe to help when you wish to rid your body of toxins, in particular cigarettes?
YES!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by gem_layla16

gem... EFT is very effective for eliminating cravings and addictions... when you learn how to do it correctly and stick with it.

The best way to approach it is to read a good book on it, or learn from a large website such as http://EFTUniverse.com.

As for clearing your body of toxins, there are many way to do that with herbs and such. You could do a google search on it.

Xan

Old 14-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Master
bringing this up...

Old 20-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
TEARLESS TRAUMA RELEASE

Often it’s most effective to use EFT about an event from the past related to the onset of the present problem or issue. The painful memory can be brought up just enough for it to be treated and released, without getting into it dramatically.

If there were a number of similar events in a pattern, such as abuse, work with the one that seems to have the most charge or meaning for you.

The Movie Technique and Tell The Story are two ways to clear core causes where they originated in the past.

THE MOVIE TECHNIQUE: Traumatic memories may be healed by playing a specific event from the past in your mind, from beginning to end like a movie, giving attention to all sensory details - images, sounds and sensations, and all feelings, thoughts, impressions and decisions - while tapping, or touching and breathing, through the sequence continuously. This may be done privately without describing the movie out loud.

Repeat playing the movie in your mind and going through the acupoint sequence until no negative feelings remain about it.

TELL THE STORY: While you, or someone you are helping with EFT, are telling the story about a difficult or traumatic event, or series of events, keep tapping or touching through the sequence of points continuously until the end of the story. Notice all sensory details, feelings, thoughts, conclusions you came to and decisions.

Repeat the story and the sequence until there is no more emotional charge left with the memory.

Xan

ah, so that's what the "Movie technique" is.. I think I will try these

I think one of my problems is putting too much thought into things. I posted this and then I had a second thought. at any time while doing these techniques do you say the usual eft stuff about accepting yourself? Maybe you could give me a more detailed explanation? like say if you were going to address being beat up by people. what exactly would you start with and where would you end? thank you so much
Old 20-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Master
Yes... the healing phrase, "Even though I feel ________, I deeply love and accept myself", is an essential part of EFT. It should be used consistently.

About the issue you mentioned, first, notice your Feeling about being beat up by people... such as hurt, afraid, angry, helpless or another feeling, specifically, in your own words.

If you are not aware of your feelings breathe down in your belly and let them come up gently, just so you can release them.

You might say something like, "Even though I feel confused about why people beat me up, I deeply love and accept myself."

Go through each feeling about it until all have come down to zero or 1.

Then you could form an affirmation such as, "I love it that people now treat me with kindness." or something else you are moving toward.... with rounds of the acupoints, until it feels Real to you.

For your current issue you might form a phrase such as, "Even though I feel helpless about going to work, I deeply love and accept myself." and so on

EFT works through the FEELINGS, including when we use the Movie Technique. With this method pay attention to what you feel as you watch the memory movie and tap through the acupoints. We often use the Movie Technique for a memory of the first time, or a significant time, the same feelings came up in the past. It's quite effective that way.

blessings
Xan

Old 22-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Master
so a lot of your style/recommendation of eft is just saying sentences or talking casually and continuing to tap?

thanks sweetie
Old 27-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Aquarian

The problem with that is tapping in itself does very little. You need a direction to transform the old issues.