Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-10-2018, 02:53 AM
Knower

How do you receive guidance in meditation?

This question is for those of you who have received guidance in meditation. How do you do it?

When I meditate I try to stop thinking all together, I quiet my mind. And I'm wondering if that is a wrong thing to do when you're trying to receive guidance. Seems like if you block all thoughts from arising then that would also block any inspiration or guidance from coming though, wouldn't it?

One day I took a nap and when I was in that in between sleep and awake state thoughts seem to come to me. But I had difficulty holding on to them and would quickly lose the thought when fully awake. Is that the state you need to be in to receive guidance?

So what is the solution to receiving guidance?
Old 19-10-2018, 07:26 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuurt
This question is for those of you who have received guidance in meditation. How do you do it?

When I meditate I try to stop thinking all together, I quiet my mind. And I'm wondering if that is a wrong thing to do when you're trying to receive guidance. Seems like if you block all thoughts from arising then that would also block any inspiration or guidance from coming though, wouldn't it?

One day I took a nap and when I was in that in between sleep and awake state thoughts seem to come to me. But I had difficulty holding on to them and would quickly lose the thought when fully awake. Is that the state you need to be in to receive guidance?

So what is the solution to receiving guidance?

I might be off topic here but are you referring to your own guidance or your "self" or "higher consciousness" guidance?

For me I come in to the present moment fully using my senses and then with gratitude ask for my self or higher consciousness to come forth I need to speak to you. I state what I need guidance with while making sure I'm in the present moment while asking. Then at the end I say thank you very much Namaste. I have had some success usually in the form of some life lessons after asking the self for something.
Old 19-10-2018, 08:34 PM
Guide

I also try to quiet my mind from "actively thinking", though I don't try to block thoughts from coming in completely...I would think that takes too much effort away from relaxing, but I could be wrong. I try to hold onto that stillness as long as I can but inevitably thoughts about what I'm cooking for dinner or something silly pop in.

I agree with you, that state between awake and asleep is the sweet spot for me. My mind wanders without me actively thinking about something, or I'll reflect on seemingly random moments from my past but I believe these random moments I recall in this state are a form of guidance. Example, just this morning while in that state I woke up daydreaming about a time when I went to a day spa and had a full body salt scrub...now that I think of it I see it as a form of guidance that I could use a sea salt bath and get rid of any bad juju that may be lingering on me (as I just put a ton of papers containing my whole life story through the shredder).

If I'm seeking guidance on a specific topic, I find if I ask outloud for help from my spirit guides, Angels, higher self...I will get signs throughout the day. So even though I'm not trying so hard to meditate on it, I'm on the lookout for symbolic meaning in things throughout my day. Ha!! All week I've been looking for guidance on something and asked for help...guess what..I saw two praying mantises, an inchworm, a snail, and a bird flew into my window...all signs to slow down, focus and be more calculated. Signs like this, my dreams, or that state between dreaming and awake work best for me, but if I try too hard during meditation I just get frustrated. I guess it's different for everyone!
Old 12-11-2018, 12:24 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Candels for meditation

what is the best candel for mediation and healing to lit
Old 12-11-2018, 11:15 PM
Seeker

A very, very, very long time ago I used to meditate. Well, what I called meditation anyway lol. It was just me sitting in a comfortable position, being quiet, watching the colors in my mind's eye, fade to just black. Every time my mind wandered to work, or tv, or just the days events, I would dismiss them and try to get back to my "nothingness" state.

That is when I would ask a question. It took a while to get to the point where I knew the answers were not just my own wishful thinking.

It took practice, but I learned the importance of discernment and how to differentiate what was coming from me and what was coming from outside of myself.

Whether not the guidance you receive comes from your higher self, angels, spirit guides, or relatives and ancestors who have passed over, your highest good is always foremost. Also, remember meditation is not the only way to get in the "zone". For some, just taking a stroll through the park, or mindfully washing dishes, jogging, will do it.

As always, do your research, what works for one person, might not work for everyone.