Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 16-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Pathfinder

A simple telepathy experiment: which word did I write?

I recently wrote one of the four words: "automobile", "boat", "plane", and "submarine" on my paper, and I surrounded it with a rough ellipse.

I ask you to write it here (if you think you know it, even with a doubt).

Also, a comment might be useful. You may say, for example, how confident you are in your choice.

Thank you for participating.
Old 17-11-2016, 06:20 AM
Experiencer
I'm not sure this is a good experiment. I mean, one can choose the right one by luck, randomly...and if 4 people came up, each picking one of the words obviously one would get it right provided you did write any of them. Would that be any proof of real telepathy? I don't think so. Unless the very first person gets it right immediately. Anyways, I doubt I'll get the right word, so "plane".

One funny thing I have to tell is that once I was joking about telepathy with my mother and we both laughed about it, so I said I was thinking of a flower and asked her about, without giving options. And she got it right, I was like "whoa". We were both just goofing around but she did get it right. I happen to notice that family, close friends and lovers do seem to have a connection, as in anticipating a call, someone arriving, etc . So I'd suggest you to try with someone that you have a real(or deeper) connection rather than here in the forum. I think you'll have more chance of getting a positive result.

Unless some real good telepath comes around. Good luck.
Old 18-11-2016, 12:07 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by anditmakesmewonder
I'm not sure this is a good experiment. I mean, one can choose the right one by luck, randomly...and if 4 people came up, each picking one of the words obviously one would get it right provided you did write any of them. Would that be any proof of real telepathy? I don't think so. Unless the very first person gets it right immediately. Anyways, I doubt I'll get the right word, so "plane".

One funny thing I have to tell is that once I was joking about telepathy with my mother and we both laughed about it, so I said I was thinking of a flower and asked her about, without giving options. And she got it right, I was like "whoa". We were both just goofing around but she did get it right. I happen to notice that family, close friends and lovers do seem to have a connection, as in anticipating a call, someone arriving, etc . So I'd suggest you to try with someone that you have a real(or deeper) connection rather than here in the forum. I think you'll have more chance of getting a positive result.

Unless some real good telepath comes around. Good luck.
Thank you for your answer, anditmakesmewonder. I have asked my mother several times to take part in some telepathy tests with me but, in recent years, she has always refused (the same is true for my father). I did do some telepathy testing with my mother back in 2002, which was successful, but she has always refused to do more tests. Anyway, doing tests with people who are geographically far way from me can be interesting too.
Old 22-11-2016, 02:01 PM
Pathfinder

The correct answer of this test was actually "automobile", not "plane".

Nevertheless, I think anditmakesmewonder's answer was interesting.
Old 26-11-2016, 05:08 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel H
Thank you for your answer, anditmakesmewonder. I have asked my mother several times to take part in some telepathy tests with me but, in recent years, she has always refused (the same is true for my father). I did do some telepathy testing with my mother back in 2002, which was successful, but she has always refused to do more tests. Anyway, doing tests with people who are geographically far way from me can be interesting too.
It's interesting but I still think there should be a connection, a bridge to connect minds. Perhaps you have a friend that lives far away from you? I also think would be more meaningful if there was actually a message to deliver and receive but I get that you want to start with words to eventually evolve into something bigger if it was successful. You could also try with someone sitting next to you, both writing down words, message, etc so that no one could cheat or lie. Perhaps you wouldn't get the exactly phrase but find out the subject of message. :)
I also think that seeing someone, sometimes we may cold read them instead of actual telepathy, like noticing behavior, body language, facial expression and detect how they're feeling, start guessing habits, etc. We may get lots of information just by watching someone closely.
Another thing is to think, what's the purpose of telepathy for you? If you could have it, how and why would you use it? Is there someone that you wanted to reach that you can't simply can talk or text? I'm betting you don't want to just play guessing games. That's why I told you about my family examples, because even though they are not "amazing", they simply ends up fulfilling a purpose as in finding someone, appeasing a heart that is worried because someone is late, etc.

I'm not sure if it qualifies as telepathy but once I went to a concert line and among thousands of people I quickly found a friend I really wanted to meet. We had talked the previous day about meeting there, but since it was a huge line for a festival it wasn't that easy, for instance I couldn't find my cousin and his girlfriend in the same line while talking on the phone many times and giving directions. We didn't live in the same state and knew each other for years online but in that moment we met we couldn't call each other because we were both losing signal so no directions given I still found him.
Old 21-12-2016, 08:15 PM
Newbie ;)

I thought automobile but I was not sure, then I looked at the answer and it was.... Maybe just luck... Don't know...
Old 17-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beginnermind
I thought automobile but I was not sure, then I looked at the answer and it was.... Maybe just luck... Don't know...
It was "automobile". Thank you, Beginnermind.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:17 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel H
It was "automobile". Thank you, Beginnermind.

I'd like to participate in this experiment. Write something down and try to send the info. to me. My name is Shawn R.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:54 PM
Experiencer
That would be still interesting to test again, if anyone else is interested.
I had some experience with guessing, when one girl asked me about some figures that were equal, which one is she and which one is her boyfriend.

And it was clear to me, who is who and she confirmed it.

But that was close range, we were half a meter apart, don't know, how it works long distance.
Old 28-10-2017, 05:44 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Yes! I got another one correct, it was automobile! :)