Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-03-2016, 11:58 AM
Newbie ;)

Finding it hard to say goodbye to my dog.

When we got our dog from a rescue home they said he was between 5-7 years old and we have given him a good life. He is not well and I feel it is time to put him to sleep. I never thought this would be as hard as it is. I am not a very emotional person but its amazing if I can get through 2 hours today without crying.

My father is a spiritualist and has been greeted by his parents (my nan and grandad) who passed over years ago. He said they looked happy and healthy and had adopted a young boy or it could be one of the boys my auntie miscarried. They have come to greet my father today and i believe they have come to collect my doggy. Is there anything I can do to make sure this all goes smoothly.

Any prayers or any crystals you think I should get?
What do you think about my Nan and Grandad greeting my father?
Old 28-03-2016, 05:13 PM
Suspended

I am so deeply sorry to hear about your dog...It is never an easy decision to make, but I can relate to your experience and sympathize as my parents had to put our family feline companion to sleep at the age of 14 (This occurred several years ago)...

I think the simple act of being there with your beloved companion will help give your dog peace and comfort till the end...I know it can be very, very hard to deal with and it is okay to cry...

I'm not well versed in the use of crystals, so I can't really offer any advice/opinions on that matter...

About your Nan and Grandad visiting your Father during this time, I would like to believe it's their way of telling you everything is going to be alright with your dog's passing...A sense of bringing comfort during such a difficult time...
Old 28-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Master

That is the hardest decision an animal guardian ever has to make, but where there is suffering without hope of recovery, it is the greater love to set them free, even though it might break your heart.

Animals are flesh and blood and bone, and soul, just packaged differently.
Animals who have known human love and companionship acquire individualisation, which they retain after death.
So, yes, your dog will live on, in renewed life on the Other Side.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 28-03-2016, 07:19 PM
Master

I think you are doing just fine. Hang in there.

As far as your father, I believe he truly saw your nan and grandad. Maybe in preparation for another member of their family when you decide to put your canine family member down.
Old 28-03-2016, 08:33 PM
Administrator
I hope my message will bring you comfort.when my youngest child was 2 we bought a rough collie puppy.he was beautiful he stayed around my husband a lot,my husband passed away.then my lovely dog became ill.we took him to the vets and they said hes really ill its best to let him go.they said because of his size it would take 30 minutes before he fell asleep,10 minutes later i said hes ready to go.i was heartbroken,then i heard my husbands voice telling me hes got him and he is safe,then i heard him barking so i knew my husband was waiting for him.
it was a peaceful end for him and i was with him.

Namaste
Old 28-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator
Hello, DD....
It hurts having so say goodbye to a loved one (furry or non-furry) I can't pretend it doesn't. I am sorry he is so ill, but of course it is an act of love and compassion to end the suffering as gently as possible, when you know his time has come to cross over.

They live in Spirit, as alive and well as ever. Their bodily problems are forgotten and they are restored to strength. I know this because my own dog showed me.
They do not forget loved ones or a deep bond. Their love continues to shine for dear ones.
Remember they are Souls too. It is said that a Soul knows the vague outlne of their life before volunteering to come here, and knows what loved ones it will work with here to gain further understanding, through a life experience on Earth.
They come in dog form here, but are Spirits just as we are, there.

Love is what you need right now, more than special crystals or anything, and that is more or less all. Love him, and know that in crossing to Spirit he is no less alive -he is even more alive, though in another dimension. And remember that dimension is not a million miles away, only as far as the love and loyalty between you, the thoughts which connect you, the ever-living memories of fun and joy you shared, and your friendship which will go on and on as the Heart goes on.
Old 29-03-2016, 03:20 AM
Master

Like everyone has said it's such a horrendous decision to make. You said that you feel that it's time to put him to sleep - did the vet agree with you?

My heart goes out to you and your faithful friend - blessings to you both
Old 29-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Knower

It truly is hard To say goodbye, but when my best little buddies had passed I never felt them entirely gone afterward. Tears happen and this is ok and even good. It cleans us.

I have found that the blessings of our beloved canine friends remain very much alive in our hearts and that of their doggy brother and sisters. Last fall our 19 year old mini schnauzer passed. We noticed that it feels like she is still here...and her dog sister, a pitbull named Sugar began to take on so many of her unique mannerisms as though their spirit had merged.

We would find her toys and sweaters tucked here and there and these little things are reminders of how blessed we've been to know her for all those years.

It never takes long for another dog in need of a home to synchronistically show up in our life, full of tail wagging enthusiasm to be our friend.
Old 29-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Your poor thing. I love my dog she is my family and I truly dread the day I have to say goodbye to her. I can imagine just how devastated you are. Try to hold onto the fact you gave her a loving home which is the best possible thing you could have done for any being.
Old 30-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Newbie ;)

Hello all, thank you so much for your support, I was reading all your replies yesterday. At 3pm I took him for a walk and joined my sister and dad in the car. We went for a little ride and then all went into the vet. My sister looked him in the eyes and I held him with my arms around him. My father stood with his hand on his back. I felt him leave his body like someone was there to pick him up. He didn't struggle, he didn't even need to be sedated. I think he knew what was happening and he had accepted it. I felt a sense of euphoria flow through me as we left. I knew we had done the right thing.

Also something interesting, I had my first message from a loved one earlier on in the day. My aunt who had recently passed told me to use one of the trinkets that were given to us by her family when she passed. The trinket box had 3 small compartments. He had decided to keep a clipping or his fur instead of getting his ashes as the cost was very high. He was tri colored so the tree compartments were so good. She told me that my sister (who i care for) will be okay. She told me my sister has 3 angels at her side that surround her and a third will be with her after our dogs passing. I think I got these messages because I put on my favorite bracelets on (Turkish protection eyes). When I put them on I close my eyes and say to myself I am open to energies. I think I opened myself up for messages and It was a real experience. My father told me to make sure I closed down so I put on my red bracelet to signify my privacy.

It was a very eventful day yesterday but we are doing well. Thank you everyone again. You are all very kind.