Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-03-2015, 06:33 AM
Master
I do not know what happens to people who die of addiction.
All I know is that I do not want to die of addiction.
I got a feeling that if I do die of addiction, and reincarnate, I will return as the addict-alcoholic I was.
Whenever people talk about past lives, all I can recall about such things in my life is an alcoholic who couldn't stay sober.
I am now clean and sober for twenty seven years. The last thing I want is to relapse, and realize that I still couldn't stay sober.
Old 29-03-2015, 11:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
I believe in reincarnation. Like the earth is a school and each life holds new lessons..

Sometimes I wonder about addiction though.
My mother died from alcoholism, my uncle had an addiction to prescription pain pills and either OD or his body just gave out one morning, and Ive had a few acquaintances die from various ODs.

I wonder if they are in this life to learn to overcome such obstacles or maybe they planned to die that way to teach lives around them?

I hear about people seeing loved ones after death but its usually when the person dies of natural causes.
Ive seen my mom a few times after her death, in dreams. Ive had the more nightmare types where she does talk, then Ive had more peaceful ones where she doesnt talk.. but Ive never seen her spirit.
My uncle Ive only seen once in a dream. We were at his funeral but he woke up and climbed out of the coffin, I had the same exact dream with my other, only the surroundings were different.

But Im just wondering if someone dies from addiction why its not common for them to come back to visit.
Is it because we have to work through something that is related with their deaths or is it more like maybe they are unable to visit because they did not complete their goals of this lifetime?

We arrive on the other side the way or in the same state of mind as we left this side.
I have worked and crossed over several who have died either due an overdose or suicide. It takes a lot of work just to get them to react, and become aware, then to trust you and follow you.
If there is no interaction, it can take year, even so they have no perception of time, never the less the non physical realm is influenced by our passing of events.
Old 29-03-2015, 12:06 PM
Knower
rah nam, #12, re: "We arrive on the other side the way or in the same state of mind as we left this side. I have worked and crossed over several who have died either due an overdose or suicide. It takes a lot of work just to get them to react, and become aware, then to trust you and follow you. If there is no interaction, it can take year, even so they have no perception of time, never the less the non physical realm is influenced by our passing of events."

My own memories of the between-lives state definitely support everything you just said. But I also have memories of committing suicide in some of my own past lives and suffering no karmic consequences or having any trouble getting adjusted to the Astral Plane. However, the suicide was always for physical health reasons, never anything emotional.
Old 29-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Master

addiction is a disease. when you pass, you are made well. just like a heart attack or aids or any other illness.

kk
Old 29-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritrebel
My own memories of the between-lives state definitely support everything you just said. But I also have memories of committing suicide in some of my own past lives and suffering no karmic consequences or having any trouble getting adjusted to the Astral Plane. However, the suicide was always for physical health reasons, never anything emotional.
I do not think condoning suicide, for any reason, is spiritually ethical.
Many people, enduring extreme difficulties, have learnt to let go of their suffering; and as a result have touched the face of God (so to speak).
Suicide can rob a person of such an awakening experience.
Old 29-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
I do not think condoning suicide, for any reason, is spiritually ethical.
Many people, enduring extreme difficulties, have learnt to let go of their suffering; and as a result have touched the face of God (so to speak).
Suicide can rob a person of such an awakening experience.

I agree that condoning suicide is never ethical, but all of us do lots of unethical things during every incarnation and then have to sort out the karmic consequences when we reach the Other Side. My own experience is that there's no consistency in my past life memories, and the Law of Karma operates as chains of mutual causation, not as linear chains of cause and effect.
Old 29-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritrebel
rah nam, #12, re: "We arrive on the other side the way or in the same state of mind as we left this side. I have worked and crossed over several who have died either due an overdose or suicide. It takes a lot of work just to get them to react, and become aware, then to trust you and follow you. If there is no interaction, it can take year, even so they have no perception of time, never the less the non physical realm is influenced by our passing of events."

What you said seams to support what I said, the state of mind is important. My cousin committed suicide, due to heath reasons, he was quite aware in a spiritual sens. He was confused for a day or two but was but crossed over the next.
Old 29-03-2015, 10:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
addiction is a disease. when you pass, you are made well. just like a heart attack or aids or any other illness.

kk

Not until you fully cross over
Understanding the different realms will help
As long we are in the earth realm, physical or non physical we are bound by the rules of this realm. Only if we leave this realm, can we be healed. At the point of transition, when we enter the tunnel, the light, all earthly connection are dissolved. And we are our self again. Not before.
Old 30-03-2015, 10:00 AM
Newbie ;)

The hundreds and thousands of near death experience (NDE) describe meeting their loved ones again in the same form they were in when they passed on except healthy. So if there is reincarnation why dont these people see their past lives instead?
I was told that I was reincarnated, but I dont want to dwell on it. Why not enjoy the here and now instead of looking at the past. Yes we can work through our issues, but understanding the divine love and light which is offered to us through God, Universe, Allah, or whatever name you want to call your Creator, is an enormous release from past pains.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:48 PM
solfuel

I deeply rely on my instincts. I do feel like my uncle is confused. It had to of been like going to sleep only to wake up in a different world. Perhaps he does not know he has passed. Maybe he does. I feel though, whenever he realized he was in a different world, he thought

"what the hell did i do"

That had to be a frightening experience.