Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-12-2010, 02:01 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
Those are you words, which to me comes across like you are suggesting that because i used those words i dont have an understanding of them. If that is not what you meant may i suggest you think how you are phrasing things.

I also know that it is my beliefs, and beliefs make us the individual that we are. Yousay you think personal beliefs a poor substitute for evidence these are your beliefs.......We all have beliefs and even when you say beliefs are a poor substiture for evidence you are expressing your beliefs ;)

Indeed you are right. I needed to be clear by saying that I find personal beliefs about matters on which there is abundant teaching from spiritually evolved entities are a poor substitute.

You were wrong in thinking what you outline in your first paragraph above. I'll repeat myself and say that's not what I said and what you've implied wasn't what I meant.

I think you might mean (above) that it's your beliefs which make you the person you are and that I totally accept.

But I don't have any such beliefs so what makes me the person I am, I wonder....?
Old 01-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Lostgirl

I obviously misunderstood what you meant then. I cant see how else you mean it though.....But i accept that if that wasnt what you meant then thats fine and i apologise.

I agree that i think its your beliefs that make you who you are.....however i am going to be really annoying and say that you believe you have no beliefs so you must believe in something.....or am i missing the point?! I have a sneaky suspicion that i am....but i will make the point anyway in the hope that if i am wrong i will leanr something....
Old 01-12-2010, 02:44 PM
mac

Quote:
I obviously misunderstood what you meant then. I cant see how else you mean it though.....But i accept that if that wasnt what you meant then thats fine and i apologise.

I agree that i think its your beliefs that make you who you are.....however i am going to be really annoying and say that you believe you have no beliefs so you must believe in something.....or am i missing the point?! I have a sneaky suspicion that i am....but i will make the point anyway in the hope that if i am wrong i will leanr something....

May I put it another way?

I don't have personal belief in matters spiritual because I understand what has been taught about the issues to which I occasionally contribute.

Look at what I say. You won't often find "I believe so-and-so..." about the topic subject. Only very occasionally and then almost exclusively about a topic where there has been no guidance. Even spiritually evolved guides from the recent past will have, for example, given no specific guidance to, say, the global environmental threats we currently face. In those cases, then, I may have my personal views and beliefs about what should, or should not, happen.

But when I say what I do about spiritual issues, they are not my beliefs, not my ideas, although they are my words.... I'm just a mouthpiece to pass on what's been taught before.

Now I don't expect that those ideas will automatically be accepted whether they're my words to express 'em or whether they're from a verbatim account of a teacher's guidance. The ideas stand or fall on their merit....

So....if someone says something like "I believe so-and-so...." when there has been clear guidance on a particular point, and where the belief is at odds with what's been taught (and what I and others have evaluated), my response is to say that I don't find personal belief is a good substitute.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Lostgirl

Now that makes sense! Sorry im kinda dim sometimes :) But thank you for making it clear :)

I understand where you are coming from now haha.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:42 PM
mac

Quote:
Now that makes sense! Sorry im kinda dim sometimes :) But thank you for making it clear :)

I understand where you are coming from now haha.

my pleasure
Old 02-12-2010, 11:11 AM
SandybytheSea

aaawwwww, they kissed and made up
Old 02-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Lostgirl

Haha isnt it lovely
Old 02-12-2010, 12:08 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandybytheSea
aaawwwww, they kissed and made up

and why not....?

When each listens to the other, these things quickly get resolved....
Old 09-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Cletus VanDamme

Because it's not time for that yet. But it's happened.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:15 PM
midnightstar

The dead can't come back to life because I think once they go beyond a certain point going back isn't an option.