Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
*Bows to Buddha Psychoslice*
Now your embarrassing me lol.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Master
I know there's a buddha of compassion. Now the buddha of embarassment.

~ ~

Old 06-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I know there's a buddha of compassion. Now the buddha of embarassment.

~ ~
Now stop that Xan you naughty girl.:smile
Old 06-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Many people say many things.. Buddha's words and Lao Tzu's words have the same source as the words written on the subway walls, tagged on building walls, and shouted in the Arab Spring..

Our "true nature" is the Life we live, right here and right now..

Be well..

Yes and actually the words on the subway wall may be even more relevant considering the time span from when the Buddha spoke and now. This span has given opportunity for conscious life to evolve further and see itself more clearly.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
The Buddha said that we are never separated from enlightenment.
Even at the times we feel most stuck, we are never alienated from the awakened state.
This is a revolutionary assertion.
Even ordinary people like us with hangups and confusion have this mind of enlightenment called bodhicitta.
The openness and warmth of bodhicitta is in fact our true nature and condition.

- Pema Chödrön
I agree with Mr Buddha. I've never felt comfortable about the idea of some people being more awakened than others, more 'spiritual' than others, it feels wrong. I've heard it said that others are perfect, and that resonates a lot better.

If I try to fix someone else based on this idea that others need fixing, that's what the Buddha calls mind. How can mind fix anyhing? The bodhicitta isn't interested in stuff like that, it just too busy looking at the sky.

If I was free of mind and just being in my true nature, I wouldn't even being writing this. There would be nothing to say.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Master
If I was free of mind and just being in my true nature, I wouldn't even being writing this. There would be nothing to say.

Seawolf... I think this is a false assumption. All buddhas are free of mind yet many still talk about stuff... The Buddha (and many other self-realized beings) left us quotes, didn't he?

I agree that no one is more of spirit than anyone else as we each have the same essence, yet awakening in awareness of that is a process we are in... with some people further along than others.

~ ~

Old 07-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
awakening in awareness of that is a process we are in... with some people further along than others.
[/color]
I understand and agree because that's the way I usually see things, but the Buddha had said..

"Even at the times we feel most stuck, we are never alienated from the awakened state. "

I think we means everyone.

I doubt some people are more awakened than others. What about people that aren't interested in spirituality at all? I don't see them as any less enlightened. They may not think they're enlightened, and not even care about it, but they're still enlightened.

We're all in the same boat, we're not any different than the people who we think are more or less enlightened. That's why I think the quote also said "this is a revolutionary assertion"
Old 07-03-2012, 02:09 AM
Master
Its not actually being in your true nature all the time, because in fact, you cannot be anywhere else, its Realizing your true Nature and living from that Realization, knowing that all out there, is our stage and we carry on being the actor, but now we know that we are just the actor, so we don't take everything too serious, after our performance as the mind body organism is over, we then let the body dissolve back into its elements, the show is over.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:19 AM
Master
I always thought it a funny twist when people say "Everyone is already enlightened, they just don't know it"...

when enlightenment means... coming to know it.

The awake essence is always here. In spiritual awakening we become aware in it.

That's the only difference, but it's the biggest one there is.

~ ~

Old 07-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Greenslade

The Buddha said "Man who take woman on hill is not on level"