Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-01-2012, 11:29 PM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi geri,
This made me think,
I never would ever blame God for anything 'weird'--- but, I do always thank Him as the reason something good
happened (though I know I thought it and allowed it.)

I have read about the practice of bearing our bad karma with gratitude as an opportunity to make amends with or learn from past mistakes.

So, when things don't turn out quite right, smile! It is an opportunity to show what you're made of.
Old 13-01-2012, 02:12 PM
geri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
hmmmm.....interesting conversation......I think that we separated ourselves from the creator, altho He is part of us and we are part of Him......but He gave us free will to make our own decisions.....we "are" One, but still working very hard to go back to that Oneness, so we are still separated from God at some level.......that is how complicated this subject is.....LOL........
Hi Juanita, I believe that you can never be separate from God. Separation is only in the mind. You can't go back to something you never left. The only thing we are trying to get back to is the realization of our Oneness. Even if you think you are separated your not. We may alienate ourselves from all the good the Creator is, but that does not nullify our Oneness. If you think you are separate from the Creative Force of your thinking, you may be bringing things into your life that you don't want. The creative force God is does not change, only the way you direct It is It manifest in your life. So don't try to get back to your Oneness, just know that your already there and begin to consciously express that Oneness.
Old 13-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack
I have read about the practice of bearing our bad karma with gratitude as an opportunity to make amends with or learn from past mistakes.

So, when things don't turn out quite right, smile! It is an opportunity to show what you're made of.

I'll say.
I stole something when I was a 19 yr old brat acting out in Bar Harbor, Maine, and sold it.
Within 6 months in Key West, FL, now, my exact item was stolen, yay!!!!, within the next 6 months - I saw my item at someone's house (small island) - told them it had been stolen from me - and said -"No, keep it."
I knew the love from the "Universe" was evening the score and freeing me of my mistake and I was being watched over and blessed very quickly.

Never did that again, needless to say - never stole a paperclip.
Thank you God and Your karma You ingeniously created.

"Always act as if you have an audience of One."

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
In my view, we can't really be separate from our own source as it is also our essence.
We did, however, lose awareness of It and our spiritual work of awakening is simply to regain that.

Xan
---------

OK, our illusion of separateness then.....but always trying to remember who we really are....
Old 14-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by geri
Hi Juanita, I believe that you can never be separate from God. Separation is only in the mind. You can't go back to something you never left. The only thing we are trying to get back to is the realization of our Oneness. Even if you think you are separated your not. We may alienate ourselves from all the good the Creator is, but that does not nullify our Oneness. If you think you are separate from the Creative Force of your thinking, you may be bringing things into your life that you don't want. The creative force God is does not change, only the way you direct It is It manifest in your life. So don't try to get back to your Oneness, just know that your already there and begin to consciously express that Oneness.
------------------

thank you geri, it is not my oneness with the Creator that I have a problem with, but often find it difficult to see my oneness with other physical beings......:-) seriously tho, when I have a "problem" with another person, I look to see what it is I don't like about them, and then look closer, and often find it in myself as well.......
Old 06-02-2012, 03:43 PM
geri

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
This makes we wonder what you think "God is working in your life." means, 3d?

What else is working in us but the Life and Love and Free Will which some call "God"?

Xan
Right on! Good comment.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:05 PM
geri

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
In my book "God is working in your life." means someone else is working in your life.. Because mind doesn't understand God.

I am totally alone in this thing called universe, I rediscover my true nature / higher self.

3d
God:Life energy working through us, for us, as us. What is your true nature/higher self and where does come from? Why do you say the mind does not understand God? What is "mind" mean to you? I'm sorry you feel so totally alone.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:47 PM
geri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
I agree that we have freewill (or so it seems), but do we truly know what options we are choosing from? I am one of those that believe God is spirit and spirit is perfect. We were made in God's likeness and image so we too must be spirit and perfect....not I am perfect...but my spirit is perfect. I would rather experience that perfection as I could never in my best intent in my grandest vision come close to creating perfection. You say we can not not create and I do think so. Even using your choice of words...If my thoughts create my expereince.....who creates when I take no thought? Also, can we truly be free if there is any control?.....just some thoughts : )
Shabby, you said "I agree that we have freewill (or so it seems"), does that mean you don't really believe you have freewill? Yes, we were made in the likeness and image of God,we are spirit and perfect too. If God is Cause and we are the effect, our true nature cannot be different from Gods. With our freewill we can choose not to express our true nature. You are spirit and perfect. Why do you say your not perfect? What value is there in being a perfect spirit, but not being able to express that perfection? Didn't Jesus say follow me,the things I do you shall do also? And wasn't Jesus a perfect expression of his perfect spirit?
You asked "who creates when I take no thought?" You cannot take no thought. You may not have an opinion on something but that in itself is a thought and does create.
Yes, we can be truly free because we have all the control by what we think. It is said that God has given dominion to man over all the works of His hands. What you do with that dominion is up to you. I think it is time that we start expressing our true nature which is the nature of God. Be well,Geri