Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Master
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I feel about the same Neville.

Saying that, I am partial to the little creatures of the soil...and those of the deep oceans. So chuck me overboard or bury me and let those little souls nibble away at me.

Weee! I like that idea, being thrown overboard~~~of course, I'd like the perfunctory wreath of roses, nice touch.

Old 31-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Mystfied

Hubby's wish is to be cremated and to hold a tail gate Party with his ashes sitting on the tailgate of his truck and all our friends and family there enjoying a BBQ and a few cold beers and playing the music he loved ...Good Old Rockin Roll...
Old 31-07-2011, 06:09 PM
eternal mind

I want to be a tree when I die. Just plant me next to a seed no casket, and let me grow.
Old 31-07-2011, 10:28 PM
HallowsEve

I want to be buried, and like others here.. made into a tree! I'd like some old school Alice Cooper tracks played, nothing too fancy, but I'd like people to have a good time. To remember that I'm never gone, forever.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Master
I've been considering donating my body to medical science also, lately. Mainly to spare my family an expensive funeral and also to help medicine ie, show people what years of neglect can do to the human body......hehe.. besides I hate the thought of being buried and I hate the thought of being burned.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
What do you want?

Squatchit -

I find funerals to be quite morbid. I hate to see people embalmed, made up and displayed in a casket for people to gawk at. I would hate for that to be my ending. Once I'm dead, I'm dead. I've left instructions for no one to view my body at death and for me to be cremated. I don't care for a funeral either. I just want my spouse and son to spread my ashes around a tree I planted on my property in honor of my dog that I had to put down a year ago. That's it.

Blackraven

P.S. I posted this in the "Deathwish" thread started by childheart by mistake. Sorry.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:25 AM
yinepu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Squatchit -

I've left instructions for no one to view my body at death and for me to be cremated. I don't care for a funeral either.Blackraven

Hey blackraven, im not posting this to change your mind at all , just my experience is all.

When my nana died a few years ago , she had an open coffin, i went in scared, worried, yet when i saw her lying there a wash of relief came over me , she wasnt in there, spiritually she wasnt (Obviously she was dead haha )
She didnt look like her, but i held her hand , stroked her hair, said my goodbyes and gave her a kiss.

For me i was soooo happy , Instead of just walking into the ceremony and seeing a closed casket with my little nana in there , her gorgeous little frail body in there , and crying at her loss in my life, i was relieved knowing she was long gone and to bury the body was just a routine , thats my experience with my forst and only funeral in 37 years and i really cherished the open casket.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:39 AM
Master
Thx for posting that experience yinepu. It does remind me of a funeral I saw on tv, one of the victims of Columbine h.s. shootout, who happened to be a member of a black family ~~~ when it was time to close the casket, the father did the closing, which was something I had never seen done before, I thought was a magnificent and meaningful gesture. It takes my breath away even now, to think of it.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Experiencer

Haven't given it much thought, I guess I wouldn't be too worried as I won't be alive to know. I think I'd be having too good a time with The Creator and exploring my new realm in the afterlife.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
I've been considering donating my body to medical science also, lately. Mainly to spare my family an expensive funeral and also to help medicine ie, show people what years of neglect can do to the human body......hehe.. besides I hate the thought of being buried and I hate the thought of being burned.
Hi Dragonfly, Yea that's what I have done, in fact I just finished signing the forms today, we have the James Cook university here in Townsville, so I might meet you there one day, maybe in a bottle lol.