Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Light Child

Grandfather sees a little girl...

Hi all,

My grandfather is the most religious person I know. He was brought up Catholic, and once he retired from work he literally went to church every day. Being a strict Catholic he knows his beliefs, but he keep them to himself and never preaches, which I really respect.

He was 80 in December and has deteriorated fast since then. He's had rheumatoid arthritis for may years but over recent months it's really got the better of him and he's been bed ridden for around 6wks now. He's losing weight fast and is getting weaker by the day. It's so sad to see. I hope my grandfather is around forever, but I have to say, I think he only has a few weeks left in him.

While he believes in God, he doesn't believe in ghosts. Anyway, fast forward to today... he called my mother over, who has been living/caring for him for the past 3 months, and said that he doesn't really want to admit it but he's started seeing a little girl following my mum around the house. He said he's seen her twice today, and that she just follows my mum around.

Luckily my mum, like myself, is a very spiritual person and isn't too phased by this. I absolutely believe him tho, because he's of sound mind, and one of the most logical people I know. Is he only seeing this little girl because he's getting closer to crossing over? I'd appreciate any advice/insight/thoughts on this situation.

Thanks,
Light Child
Old 23-02-2012, 02:56 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Child
Hi all,

My grandfather is the most religious person I know. He was brought up Catholic, and once he retired from work he literally went to church every day. Being a strict Catholic he knows his beliefs, but he keep them to himself and never preaches, which I really respect.

He was 80 in December and has deteriorated fast since then. He's had rheumatoid arthritis for may years but over recent months it's really got the better of him and he's been bed ridden for around 6wks now. He's losing weight fast and is getting weaker by the day. It's so sad to see. I hope my grandfather is around forever, but I have to say, I think he only has a few weeks left in him.

While he believes in God, he doesn't believe in ghosts. Anyway, fast forward to today... he called my mother over, who has been living/caring for him for the past 3 months, and said that he doesn't really want to admit it but he's started seeing a little girl following my mum around the house. He said he's seen her twice today, and that she just follows my mum around.

Luckily my mum, like myself, is a very spiritual person and isn't too phased by this. I absolutely believe him tho, because he's of sound mind, and one of the most logical people I know. Is he only seeing this little girl because he's getting closer to crossing over? I'd appreciate any advice/insight/thoughts on this situation.

Thanks,
Light Child

What can you say? We don't know who the girl is but it's reasonable to think she's there because she has some relevance to him. Is it because his passing-over is close? I'd say probably. Such situations are not uncommon. Perhaps he'll be likely to respond better to a child than he might to an adult discarnate? Such will be known by those 'over-there' who are there to help his passing. Oh, by the way, she's not likely to be a ghost. She'll be a discarnate who is around to help. Not necessarily still a child but maybe temporarily taking on the guise of a child.

It probably won't matter that this man was a "strict Catholic" because his beliefs, his faith, don't change actuality although they could colour his perspective.

I'll leave it at that.
Old 23-02-2012, 03:06 AM
Light Child

Thanks for your input mac. One more thing, can you please clarify who/what a discarnate is please?

Also, my mother had two miscarriages when she was younger. She told me she'd like to think it was one of her babies. But I guess we'll never know that for sure. She's been told in the past, that there are two spirit children with her.
Old 23-02-2012, 03:14 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Child
Thanks for your input mac. One more thing, can you please clarify who/what a discarnate is please?

Also, my mother had two miscarriages when she was younger. She told me she'd like to think it was one of her babies. But I guess we'll never know that for sure. She's been told in the past, that there are two spirit children with her.

We're incarnate(s) - living in this physical world. Our unseen friends are discarnate(s) - they live 'over there', the etheric world.

Your mother's miscarried children will be around her - she's still their mother though they never made it into the physical world. If I was asked I'd have no hesitation in saying that to your mother.

And oh - she will know about those kids for sure - she already 'half-knows.

We lost our baby son....
Old 23-02-2012, 03:17 AM
Light Child

Thanks for your insight mac.

I'm sorry to hear about your son. Gone but not forgotten x
Old 23-02-2012, 03:20 AM
mac

Light Child

Thanks for your insight mac. my pleasure....

I'm sorry to hear about your son. Gone but not forgotten. He's around...probably watching, listening.
Old 23-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Light Child

Wow, got an interesting update. I spoke to my grandfather about this tonight for the first time. I'd only heard about this through my mother previously.

He actually saw TWO little girls following my mum, rather than a little girl following my mum twice haha. Two children following my mum and two miscarriages... coincidence?
Old 23-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Enya

When a person is near the end of this life, they often tap into repressed abilities, ones which were with them in childhood. Your grandfather may see loved ones who have gone before, around him. These two little girls could well be his grand-daughters.