Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Master
I wanted to also donate mine to science....but im too overweight and they dont want me......sigh....i cant take a break.....oh well....the body has to be a good specimen and sadly mine isnt....unless of course i lose weight and become a fit old thing......hehehaha!!...
Old 08-02-2012, 11:12 PM
rainbowcrow

Hi all, I hope this isn't a silly question, but what are the general prerequisites (apart from being dead of course lol!) and basic procedures to donating your body to science? I understand that this will differ from country to country etc... but I am just curious as to the general procedure as I am definitely considering this as an option.

Psychoslice, if it's ok, I am particularly interested in your response as I live near Townsville :)
Old 12-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Ambermay

Book1

I believe that donating body to science is a good thing when the students study on already dead body.

But I have a question about donating organs to keep living.
Whilst our physical bodies are just means for us to be on a physical plane - we don't look back at them when they die and we no longer need them.

But when that body is still alive - our astral body is attached to it and that attachment is strong and protected.

So say a donor died and his heart for example lives in another person. Would that not interfere with further tasks of the donor for the attachment to the alive part is still there? And would that also not interfere in spiritual level with a person whose physical body was saved by donation?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Master
I think that's a fabulous idea. Yeah, some religions and cults do frown upon it, even organ donation for that matter. None of that makes sense to me because it's just the shell we used during our time here.

I took a death and dying course...I got lots of A's when I was in college but this was the only course I got 100 percent in for my average lol...it was very fascinating.

Dragonfly, you can always donate your body to a 'body farm'...the study of how bodies decay naturally is examined...from every detail from how insects devour the decaying body, the timing of decaying process. It's really quite fascinating. Your body is left out in the open. It may sound morbid, I suppose.

Ambermay your post reminded me of stories I read while writing papers and doing homework assignments in Anatomy & Psysiology II regarding organ transplants and how many times someone who received an organ from another person actually took on things from the donor, such as a taste/craving for the donor's favorite foods, odd things like that. It was quite fascinating...not just foods, though sometimes the organ recipient took on other traits or characteristics of the donor like feelings or other likes and dislikes besides food.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Master
Sarian, a body farm sounds good, to be left in nature and not buried under the soil or to be burned would be fabulous....what a wonderful thing to be left in natural elements......sounds grand to me......don't know if my family would like it so much though.....they'd be the biggest obstacle.....i know if my kids wanted that it would be hard to do......but then again.......thanks sarian.....Peace xx

Well thats out of the question......it seems there are no 'body farms' in Australia........sigh....
Old 12-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Master
I think it's wonderful that you were open to it, Dragonfly, so many find it repugnant, but I think it's really the most natural thing though. I find it unnatural to be filled up with formaldhyde (sp)...

really no body farms in Australia? I would have thought they'd allow it all over really.

Yeah, I can see loved ones bawking at the idea...but it's really your decision.

peace to you too.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Master
Oh, here's some youtube clips on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSDCiOW81mk The body farm and beyond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y22DuIzsuuA this one has 3 parts you can check out...

I used to want to go to school for forensic science... I wish I did. It's fascinating
Old 12-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Master
Wait tell they see my tattoo down below lol.
Old 19-02-2012, 03:53 PM
helygen

I'm also on the donor list. Never gave a thought to leaving my whole body although I did say they could have any and all parts that would be of use.