Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 18-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Rin

The problem with all the debates and opinions is this: whatever you think this is not it.
Old 21-09-2012, 01:42 AM
joelr

I'm not sure I get it?
Why can't Hawking have his "faith" without criticism? Unless you discovered a mistake in his math or something.
He never said "Here is THE TRUTH" like many religious folk would insist their beliefs are. He just has his own model of reality based on things that resonate with him.
Just like ideas about "source" and Eastern thought resonate with others and religion or non-theism is better for others.

They are all speculative and sometimes arrogant and sometimes not.
This thread gives spirituality a sort of fundamentalist vibe.
Old 24-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
I think Hawking does get it, it's that he can't find a way to get everyone else to undersand that God isn't a person. That "source" doesn't equate to an anthropomorphic pronoun. Just because our primitive humanity personifies the Divine or any extra-dimensional creative energies as a person/pronoun, that does not mean the reality of the circumstance has to actually be what we've thought it has to be.

The three-dimensional universe (and time) can create itself from nothing if you understand there is more than 3 dimensions to reality.

Yes I agree AA....What some refer to the God of man isn't really the actual creative entity, I call God the creative consciousness.

How could God be of man? There are obviously other life forms out there so how could he or it be a God just of man? Impossible!!..This creative consciousness is much greater than physical man, we just don't have the conscious reasoning to understand beyond our reasoning processors.

It would seem that everything was created from nothing for we not the conscious understanding to evaluate any further than our own conscious awareness. I firmly believe that science one day will prove the existence of a greater power than man.

I wonder if a far more advanced alien come to Earth & claimed himself as God would we believe it? I would say a lot of us would!!!...well there we go!!

Love
Mathew
Old 24-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelr
I'm not sure I get it?
Why can't Hawking have his "faith" without criticism? Unless you discovered a mistake in his math or something.
He never said "Here is THE TRUTH" like many religious folk would insist their beliefs are. He just has his own model of reality based on things that resonate with him.
Just like ideas about "source" and Eastern thought resonate with others and religion or non-theism is better for others.

They are all speculative and sometimes arrogant and sometimes not.
This thread gives spirituality a sort of fundamentalist vibe.

I'm behind you on that Joelr.

Love
Mathew
Old 24-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoguy423
Ahhhhh.... finally someone with a fantastic mind points out David Bohm.... my favourite physicist!!!

I have not watched the video, so please excuse my ignorance...

I find that most Christian people believe if there is no definitive evidence of where the universe was born out of, then God must have done it.

Then I ask.... If God had done it.... where is the definitive evidence that God did indeed do it. I don't want any reference to any holy books, or you just gotta have faith argument.

I want concrete 100% absolute irrefutable evidence, whether it be geological, astronomical, cosmological and any other concrete source!!!

I'm not a religious christian but if Einstein & other scientists proved that our limited conscious thought can change the physical structure of water crystals what could a far more consciously aware entity/form create in physical existence??

I refer to God as a creative consciousness by the way not the said God of man!!

Love
Mathew