Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 30-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Suspended
The Philosopher at the end of the Universe - Mark Rowlands

Considering I've not seen most of the films referenced, it's quite a good read.
Old 30-12-2013, 05:40 PM
katyking

Spiritualist interest... New book.
Whisperers by J.H. Brennan...
My review extract.....

"Is it possible that major world events are affected by spirits even if one doesn't believe in them? Can it be that everything from decisions about peace and war to the food we eat and the gods we pray to may have roots in the disembodied voices whispering in the ears of popes and prophets, politicians and prime ministers, dictators and kings? It may seem incredible, but as J. H. Brennan reveals in this eye-opening new history, there is a wealth of evidence to suggest that such whisperings are not only possible, but that they have occurred again and again, subtly directing the course of human events."

A good New Year read for those interested in Spiritualism both old-style and new.
Old 30-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Master
Book1

Just finished Full Dark, No Stars, a collection of short stories (4 total) by Stephen King.

Old 30-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Astralyra

I just bought The Signature Of All Things, it has Adventure, Missionaries, abolitionists, astronomers & Sea Captains, from the same author of Eat, Pray, Love.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:08 AM
primrose

Katy your book sounds interesting.

I'm reading Dying to be me. about an NDE and curing her cancer.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Master
I am half-way through Book 1 of the box-set of "A Song of Ice and Fire" - 6 more books to go. Whatever you thought of the TV series of Game of Thrones - not a patch on the books.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:59 PM
MargaritaMc

I'm reading Gordon Smith, "Through my Eyes" and have also bought his "Developing Mediumship". I really like his sane balanced approach.

My other bedside book is by Professor James B Kaler and is called "Heaven's Touch". Despite its name, it is a book on astronomy, not spirituality! But I think this has a spiritual sense: he writes, "We are not just in the cosmos, we are of the cosmos, we, along with all the other parts of it, are the cosmos..."

Margarita
Old 05-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Master
I am now reading book 6 of A Song of Ice and Fire, A Dance With Dragons.
I have to tell you, the TV series Game of Thrones is really not a patch on the books !
Old 05-02-2014, 10:46 AM
shinenz

Conn Iggulden "War of the roses"
Old 05-02-2014, 04:55 PM
Kpastelle

I am reading the first edition of The Peacable Kingdom.

This is the story on how the quakers came about. Bases on true events.

I have read it before and now I am reading it again (I normally never read the same book twice) but this one, is worth it