Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 01-03-2012, 07:31 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
I agree with everything you just said there, SQ - but I also think there is a difference between unconscious triggers which cause us to repeat lifelong patterns and the experience of true soul connection with another being.

What that limbic response describes to me is attraction, attachment and compulsion toward loyalty that most humans equate with love. But I think a soul mate can actually "wake us up" from this unconscious approach to life and relationships.

I also think there is a difference between rewiring the brain to respond to a different set of non-verbal cues and developing spiritual consciousness and depth of relationships. I feel particularly qualified to observe the difference, because I spent more than 10 years healing myself from these destructive patterns and had come to a place in my life where I had successfully rewired my brain in the ways described above.

Yet, since I began to cultivate a more spiritually minded lifestyle, my entire perspective on human interactions has changed profoundly. It is as though I became aware of a vastly greater aspect to human connection that pre-exists emotions, intellect and physiology.

I can say that my growth, development, awakening... whatever you want to call it, has happened so exponentially fast that I have periodically contemplated that I might actually be insane. And this transformation has completely altered my energetic frequency. How is it (and I think this goes to BL's point) that my counterpart, with whom I am not even particularly friendly in the external world, has been going through the same process at the same speed and has remained a perfect energetic complement every step of the way? That is fascinating to me.

I don't disagree with you, though I would say don't underestimate physiology: our bodies are vehicles to transformation, and I mean not just the physical body but also the subtle bodies. My post this morning was focused solely on the science and one aspect of it, which I found intriguing.

It gets even better from there... if you want a truly mind-blowing read, try this out:

http://www.amazon.com/Biology-Transc.../dp/0892819901

The limbic system is but one piece of it all... this book delves into other pieces, including the heart and the frontal lobes. The heart has a resonance field that can be picked up by measuring instruments. How cool is that? A heart awakening could be this field expanding, and beginning to work in concert with the rest of the physical body, the way it's meant to work, as a vehicle for the spiritual. This book also makes a very good case on why and how fear disables this transformation from happening -- and yes, it starts from childhood (the author is a well known child expert).

As for my own personal experience, I can tell you that my limbic system definitely resonated with twin's. But something else happened all those years ago. Our meeting ignited something and set off a chain reaction -- an awakening, yes. It was not "just" spiritual; there were physical effects that I have come to understand as kundalini.

Do I feel my energetic frequency was altered? Yes! How else do you explain the telepathy, remote viewing, precognition and all that other funky stuff that goes on?

And now I am reminding myself one of the reasons we haven't reunited: it's intimidating, knowing what happened last time we were in same room together, what happened, the chain reaction effect ...
Old 01-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Loving_Soul

How do u interpret the "empty" feeling SQ - I feel like he has disconnected from me and I not only feel flat in my feelings for him but also "stuck" spiritually like I am loosing clarity...all the powerful intuition dreams and feelings I was recognizing seem to have now disipitated to the point of feeling blah all round...I was feeling directed in my search for spiritual knowledge now I'm not feeling anything like it has all been a dream and I've woken up feeling nothing. It all pops back into my thoughts a thousand times a day but it's like viewing it from a distance - not within myself...your thoughts???
Old 01-03-2012, 08:11 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving_Soul
How do u interpret the "empty" feeling SQ - I feel like he has disconnected from me and I not only feel flat in my feelings for him but also "stuck" spiritually like I am loosing clarity...all the powerful intuition dreams and feelings I was recognizing seem to have now disipitated to the point of feeling blah all round...I was feeling directed in my search for spiritual knowledge now I'm not feeling anything like it has all been a dream and I've woken up feeling nothing. It all pops back into my thoughts a thousand times a day but it's like viewing it from a distance - not within myself...your thoughts???

I was avoiding your thread! But I'll answer. These are just random thoughts -- I really don't know.

Thought #1: we are addicted to the rollercoaster. When it's taken away from us, we feel "empty." Because we don't have the highs and the lows of our attachment. Suggested reading which covers this most excellently:

http://www.amazon.com/Way-Love-Medit.../dp/038524939X

Thought #2: Your shared higher self is deliberately blocking the connection, to protect you right now. Say a blessing for it. It *is* a blessing! If he is making an honest attempt to work on his marriage, do you really want the connection to be open? Do you really want to feel him making love to his wife, etc? And vice versa... he cannot make an honest attempt to address his marriage relationship if you are constantly in his head.

Thought # 3: I go through this periodically. I can tell you that it always passes. I view it as more of a much-needed respite. I remind myself that I need time to assimilate, rest, heal, strengthen. You have been doing A LOT!!! If you are feeling "blah" about spiritual pursuits, it's probably like exercise... you've worked your spiritual muscle to exhaustion. You need time to chill out, focus on other non-spiritual things, nap, eat... re-energize... time for the muscle which has been challenged to exhaustion to now respond and grow larger and fitter!

Try spending the weekend doing something that has absolutely nothing to do with spirituality.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:25 PM
soul whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
I was avoiding your thread! But I'll answer. These are just random thoughts -- I really don't know.

Thought #1: we are addicted to the rollercoaster. When it's taken away from us, we feel "empty." Because we don't have the highs and the lows of our attachment. Suggested reading which covers this most excellently:

http://www.amazon.com/Way-Love-Medit.../dp/038524939X

Thought #2: Your shared higher self is deliberately blocking the connection, to protect you right now. Say a blessing for it. It *is* a blessing! If he is making an honest attempt to work on his marriage, do you really want the connection to be open? Do you really want to feel him making love to his wife, etc? And vice versa... he cannot make an honest attempt to address his marriage relationship if you are constantly in his head.

Thought # 3: I go through this periodically. I can tell you that it always passes. I view it as more of a much-needed respite. I remind myself that I need time to assimilate, rest, heal, strengthen. You have been doing A LOT!!! If you are feeling "blah" about spiritual pursuits, it's probably like exercise... you've worked your spiritual muscle to exhaustion. You need time to chill out, focus on other non-spiritual things, nap, eat... re-energize... time for the muscle which has been challenged to exhaustion to now respond and grow larger and fitter!

Try spending the weekend doing something that has absolutely nothing to do with spirituality.

This resonates with me a lot as well as the other points you make SQ....after months and months of intense emotions and releasing releasing releasing I woke up today feeling flat and numb....kind of detached...one of the first things/answers to this that came up for me too was the possiblity of my higher self protecting me, or giving me a time-out/break from all this otherwise I don't think I could've survived anymore of this...I mean, how much can one take!
Also, the ringing in my ears tonight is horrific! the ringing in my ears started a few years ago and I've had so many tests to find out what it's from but there's no pathological answer. the doctors can't explain it away as tinitus....sometimes it's louder than at other times....tonight it's particularly loud....I've read that it's one of the signs of spiritual awakening and the reception of messages from the spirits at a very high frequency....now all I have to do is decipher them! LOL!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:29 PM
TouchingHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul whisperer
Also, the ringing in my ears tonight is horrific! the ringing in my ears started a few years ago and I've had so many tests to find out what it's from but there's no pathological answer. the doctors can't explain it away as tinitus....sometimes it's louder than at other times....tonight it's particularly loud....I've read that it's one of the signs of spiritual awakening and the reception of messages from the spirits at a very high frequency....now all I have to do is decipher them! LOL!

I have noticed this too in the last year or so. It especially is noticable at night when I'm laying down, or even when trying to take a nap during the day. I thought it had something to do with laying down????
Old 01-03-2012, 08:32 PM
soul whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiningStar
I have noticed this too in the last year or so. It especially is noticable at night when I'm laying down, or even when trying to take a nap during the day. I thought it had something to do with laying down????
It gets worse for me too in the evening...I don't know whether it has anything to do with their being less environmental noise so I notice it more or it's more intense because the atmosphere is thinner so 'radio waves' travel faster??? lol!
don't think it has anything to do with lying down SS
Old 01-03-2012, 08:40 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
I don't disagree with you, though I would say don't underestimate physiology: our bodies are vehicles to transformation, and I mean not just the physical body but also the subtle bodies. My post this morning was focused solely on the science and one aspect of it, which I found intriguing.

It gets even better from there... if you want a truly mind-blowing read, try this out:

http://www.amazon.com/Biology-Transc.../dp/0892819901

The limbic system is but one piece of it all... this book delves into other pieces, including the heart and the frontal lobes. The heart has a resonance field that can be picked up by measuring instruments. How cool is that? A heart awakening could be this field expanding, and beginning to work in concert with the rest of the physical body, the way it's meant to work, as a vehicle for the spiritual. This book also makes a very good case on why and how fear disables this transformation from happening -- and yes, it starts from childhood (the author is a well known child expert).

As for my own personal experience, I can tell you that my limbic system definitely resonated with twin's. But something else happened all those years ago. Our meeting ignited something and set off a chain reaction -- an awakening, yes. It was not "just" spiritual; there were physical effects that I have come to understand as kundalini.

Do I feel my energetic frequency was altered? Yes! How else do you explain the telepathy, remote viewing, precognition and all that other funky stuff that goes on?

And now I am reminding myself one of the reasons we haven't reunited: it's intimidating, knowing what happened last time we were in same room together, what happened, the chain reaction effect ...

You just blew my mind. Thank you. Always love your insight
Old 01-03-2012, 08:42 PM
TouchingHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul whisperer
It gets worse for me too in the evening...I don't know whether it has anything to do with their being less environmental noise so I notice it more or it's more intense because the atmosphere is thinner so 'radio waves' travel faster??? lol!
don't think it has anything to do with lying down SS

The radio waves and the atmosphere being thinner, that's a good one! Sometimes mine is almost like a loud heartbeat. But the reason I thought it to do with laying down, if I move around I can tell it's going away, but then once settled, it comes back. Maybe it's some kind of spiritual atmosphere. LOL
Old 01-03-2012, 08:47 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:

lol, I don't think its you working your spiritual muscles to exhaustion as much as your brain trying to make sense of it all even if thats happening on a subconsious level. Just like if you were studying for finals or some other mentally taxing activity for a long duration, you get burnt out. Now compare what we are going through, lol....Our brain is not only trying to solve our dilema while we're awake but most likely while we're asleep as well.

I just got back from vegas with my wife. The fun was enough to temporarily block out my reality and my connection died down to a low roar. Came back and started dreaming about here again. The good news is this is like any other endurance sport. The more time you spending doing it the easier it gets. lol
Old 01-03-2012, 08:47 PM
soul whisperer

LOL SS!!!
Here's a list I came across today of the 21 signs of spiritual awakening...
http://www.tranquilwaters.uk.com/21signs.html
take note of #5...I've seen it mentioned before in other articles on spiritual awakening so we may be onto something here :)))
apart from #5 I have or am experiencing most of them :O