Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 03-01-2017, 04:05 AM
Pathfinder
Cat Preach!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Be confident and secure...it emanates out and is like a magnet...
it repels idiots and draws confident people to you.

Very true!! I'm still w/ my family for New Year's vacation and I had a mental shift after reading this thread, so when I walked upstairs noone would make eye contact w/ me--I feel like they felt the shift; good!

Last edited by LadyLynx : 03-01-2017 at 05:17 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:52 AM
Lorelyen

It's a decade ago now that I decided to abandon standard employment to go freelance. I'd had enough of corporate trickery... self aggrandisement won through office politics and that, getting to know who could promote your cause, who you slept with and the usual stuff of people who want to "get on" in outfits where merit is rarely rewarded unless you're obviously super-good at what you do.

I'd joined an outfit with the hope that I might use some of the facilities to my advantage but that wasn't going to happen unless I got really involved with moving "up" as they call it. Becoming part of the management ethos just wasn't me. Off-site meetings, corporate games... jeez...

But I wanted basically to work in the same "field".

It was a bit of a dare. Thankfully I knew I could be rescued if I fell flat but I didn't set out with less than success in my sights.

Summing it up, I wanted to do my own thing. I had a few contacts, etc, and decided to make myself adaptable. If mainstream work fell flat I needed things to fall back on, at worst working in a supermarket (which is a good way to be paid to keep fit!).

I never thought about techniques for manifestation. They weren't as fashionable then except affirmation. It had to manifest, I had to make it happen and grit and determination were the driving forces. I knew I'd have to sacrifice some social life (although that soon picked up again) because, well, survival comes first!

I've never looked back. And d'you know, frankly, I reckon if this LoA stuff had been around at the time + I'd got involved with it, it would have done more harm than good. You have to develop your focus and assert yourself. Affirmation was important. I'm an "I WILL" person, not "I might."

I don't believe everything would come to me. I had to go get it.

Good luck.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:19 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

I never thought about techniques for manifestation. They weren't as fashionable then except affirmation. It had to manifest, I had to make it happen and grit and determination were the driving forces. I knew I'd have to sacrifice some social life (although that soon picked up again) because, well, survival comes first!

I've never looked back. And d'you know, frankly, I reckon if this LoA stuff had been around at the time + I'd got involved with it, it would have done more harm than good. You have to develop your focus and assert yourself. Affirmation was important. I'm an "I WILL" person, not "I might."

I don't believe everything would come to me. I had to go get it.

Good luck.

I agree! One definitely needs to work hard and go after they want, but trying to get a job these days is different. I'm more of a face-to-face kind of person so I would rather go to the company, ask to speak with a manager and/or drop off my resume but companies frown upon that these days. Job ads literally say "No phone calls or visits!" and if it's a big company that hires through HR department you get the same response when you call the follow up: "Someone from the department will call you if I think you're a good fit!"

Everything is done online and everything is very impersonal. That said, in my experience, smaller companies like private practices are more lenient but they're usually not hiring, and those who are pay far below the national average and that's a no-go for me.

Lastly, I've often wondered if I should just start my own business, but I wouldn't even know where to start.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLynx
One definitely needs to work hard and go after they want...
Ah, the old Old Testament belief system from that fairy tale...the
garden and the fall of man...at work yet again.

Then, Jesus came along and to clear that up, "Ask, believe and receive."
Different paradigm.
I never work hard. (toil)
Do things work out for me because of my core beliefs...
you bet they do.
But, this is not what is taught by the worldly or logical mind.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-01-2017, 12:35 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Ah, the old Old Testament belief system from that fairy tale...the
garden and the fall of man...at work yet again.

Then, Jesus came along and to clear that up, "Ask, believe and receive."
Different paradigm.
I never work hard. (toil)
Do things work out for me because of my core beliefs...
you bet they do.
But, this is not what is taught by the worldly or logical mind.

Sounds good to me, and I guess that matches my "Large sums of money come easily and frequently" affirmation.

What are some things we can do to speed up the "receiving" time?
Old 04-01-2017, 03:54 AM
Master

Here's a few tips you may like. They are not exactly affirmations, but they helped me find a new, better job.

1. Get specific about what you don't want in a job. Sort through your thoughts about what you didn't like about your past jobs. In doing that, it will become clear what it is you DO want. It may be the opposite of what you don't want - so it is then easy to make a list of what you DO want, so make that list.

2. Ask the Universe to bring you what you want.

3. Allow yourself to receive it.

How I did that was, between Step #2 and Step #3 - you have to stop thinking about it. You have placed your order, now the rest is not up to you.

So you have to Get Happy. However you do that, do that. Do something fun, watch funny videos, listen to music that makes you happy, etc. etc. Your job is to get happy and stay happy.

While you are getting happy, you have to, have to, have to, stop thinking about it. Whenever you catch yourself thinking about it, turn your attention away and tell yourself, that is not my part, I don't have to think about it. And do that for awhile.

That's the hard part: the allowing phase. I mean, it is so hard to get happy.... :)

Then you might get an impulse to do something. So do that. Say you are happy, and you get a thought - hey, I wonder what would happen if I called that company and asked about the job? or, hey, I think I'll go look and see what other jobs are out there today. If you get an impulse, do it. Whatever that impulse is.

I have found that is how "your helpers" help you. Don't take action until you have gotten happy, put it away for awhile and stopped thinking about it. Then, when you get an impulse, just go with the flow of that....and that leads to something else, and something else.

I found, for me, it led to a lot of job interviews. I needed those job interviews to help me really believe in myself.

Mrs H. knows what she is about :) Confidence is King, and believing in yourself is what makes the difference. Until I believed in myself, I just kept getting more job interviews. I got to the point that I was interviewing them, instead of the other way around. I believed that I could help them, instead of the other way around. AS soon as I got to that space, I got another interview that wasn't what I expected.

So, expect the unexpected - which means, go with the flow....the path to the path to the path.

All told, it took about two weeks, from start to finish, once I make my list. And what a fun ride that was!

Happy Hunting :)
Old 04-01-2017, 04:37 AM
Smile

'' You have placed your order, now the rest is not up to you.'' -Nameless

Not many people understand this.
I sat in a group once and asked someone to hand me the candy dish, please.
She did. Then, as I was holding it...I asked her again...could she please hand me the candy dish.
The group was perplexed!

i said, this is what you are doing when you ask twice.
It, also, is a way of showing doubt that it was originally done, or put into motion.

Ask, believe, receive, (let yourself receive/allow)...Oh, this was a Christian group so I went with that.
And, it's good to point out ...don't cry or beg.
Again, be clear and the powerful co-creator you are.

It has worked for me for decades...I like telling the story ...this year is
47 years I have not cut my hands in any way cooking, chopping onions was a biggy, slippery things!
I was a cook in professional kitchens and cooked for years for 20 people everyday, alone...not your family cook, ha!
Boy, did I cut myself!
I 'decreed, said, demanded, proclaimed': I will never cut myself working with food ever again.
And I never will.

We can control the weather, for Pete's sake. And those that have doubt, will not be able to.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-01-2017, 08:45 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLynx
I'm more of a face-to-face kind of person so I would rather go to the company, ask to speak with a manager and/or drop off my resume but companies frown upon that these days. Job ads literally say "No phone calls or visits!" and if it's a big company that hires through HR department you get the same response when you call the follow up: "Someone from the department will call you if I think you're a good fit!"

Everything is done online and everything is very impersonal. That said, in my experience, smaller companies like private practices are more lenient but they're usually not hiring, and those who are pay far below the national average and that's a no-go for me.
True and a great shame - this being one of the big downsides of current technology and social media - distancing people from each other. Crazy in a way. You can only determine so much from a faceless typed CV. In times of relatively full employment, employers can get away with it. What's worse is that job descriptions are often too vague to make it easy to frame your application. But given the situation it looks even more like you have to go and get it, not wait for it to come to you.

This "asking the universe" (which in New Age spirituality seems to be synonymous to "asking God") may help as a kind of focused affirmation but really? God seems to take an awfully long time to respond in most cases. To get you a peach of a job, the universe has a lot of organising to do!

Quote:
Lastly, I've often wondered if I should just start my own business, but I wouldn't even know where to start.
Understood. I thankfully have parents who are both self-employed (dad, partially, though he's also a partner in a firm). They can help with administration (like get the tax etc done) but the work comes down to you/me. It is possible to learn enough to get started but one has to balance assertiveness with "charm" (not that I think I'm particularly charming - but you get what I mean: know how to put on a charm brace! And ALWAYS deliver on time and within budget!

Peace and success!
L
Old 04-01-2017, 03:27 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Here's a few tips you may like. They are not exactly affirmations, but they helped me find a new, better job.

Get specific about what you don't want in a job. Sort through your thoughts about what you didn't like about your past jobs. In doing that, it will become clear what it is you DO want. It may be the opposite of what you don't want - so it is then easy to make a list of what you DO want, so make that list.

Happy Hunting :)

Thank you!! I just made my list and already feel more confident about attracting a career that I'm passionate about. I've always been told not to focus on what you don't want, but I think starting with making a list of things I don't want quickly helped me create a list of things I do want in a job/career.

Quote:
'' You have placed your order, now the rest is not up to you.'' -Nameless

Not many people understand this.
I sat in a group once and asked someone to hand me the candy dish, please.
She did. Then, as I was holding it...I asked her again...could she please hand me the candy dish.
The group was perplexed!

i said, this is what you are doing when you ask twice.
It, also, is a way of showing doubt that it was originally done, or put into motion.

Great example, MH! That really helped me a lot; definitely allowed me to realize how silly it is to continue to keep asking. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

Understood. I thankfully have parents who are both self-employed (dad, partially, though he's also a partner in a firm). They can help with administration (like get the tax etc done) but the work comes down to you/me. It is possible to learn enough to get started but one has to balance assertiveness with "charm" (not that I think I'm particularly charming - but you get what I mean: know how to put on a charm brace! And ALWAYS deliver on time and within budget!

Peace and success!
L

That's great your parents can help with administration! I definitely think owning my own business is something I will do, but for now--I will focus on identifying a career I'm passionate about, perfecting it, then branching out to be an entrepreneur. When the time comes, I am confident I will know! :)
Old 04-01-2017, 03:45 PM
Pathfinder
Question to everyone:

Re: "So you have to Get Happy... Your job is to get happy and stay happy."
-Nameless

I have seemed to have gotten myself in a pickle... Before I realized my family was not supportive of me, I made the decision to relocate home to save money and make a career change.

That being said, now that I'm here, it seems the tables have turned--my mother knew I quit my previous job to relocate home to save money...and she said she was ok with that--now, she is extremely resentful towards me for not having a full-time job right now. She is trying to force me back up into the career that I left (e.g. Teaching) just to make money to help her pay her bills. Uuumm, if I wanted to continue teaching, I would've stayed in the beautiful city that I was in and not have spent money to relocate. She is just very angry with me--I feel nothing but bad vibes from her and it's mostly because she's used to controlling people and she cannot control me; she never has been so I'm not sure why she thinks she can now.

Anyway, I'm bringing all of this up b/c on Jan 1st she flipped out and started cussing at me and basically telling me I'm lazy b/c I won't go back to teaching ( which is her passion) to make more money to help her pay HER bills. She knows I've been looking for/applying for jobs nonstop but nothing has worked out right now. BUT, I got a lump sum of cash this past summer and was paying her rent, but all of that ran out so I couldn't pay the full amount this January--I was only $140 short--and she flipped out! (Mind you, I have enough money to pay my bills.)

She is just not a nice person but I'm stuck here now until I get a new full-time job... So, how does one stay positive and happy in an environment full of negativity? Also, I'm a Pisces and Empath so others' negative emotions affect me more than it world others.

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. The only reason I started teaching in the first place, five years ago when I initially wanted to make a career change...definitely not to be a teacher, was because she pressured me into it. It was definitely my fault for letting someone other than myself dictate how I live my life and I refuse to continue to do it. I am in charge of my own happiness!!