Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-01-2015, 12:31 AM
Pathfinder

Did I visit the spirit world

A few years ago I had a strange dream. I'll call it a dream. But to be honest it felt like it really happened.
In this dream I sort of just found myself in a meadow. At first I thought it was a place close to my home. It just felt like I was just suddenly there. In this dream I started walking through the grass with trees on either side. And I came over a hill. Then I noticed a sort of building. But it was more like a glass dome. It was beautiful unlike anything I have ever seen.
I entered this building. But I can't remember how. Inside everything was white. With cubicles and small rooms. Inside each room was an animal being tended to by what I can only describe as some sort of animal doctor.
Then I lady came out with blonde hair and told me off for entering the building. She told me I'm not supposed to be in there. I can't remember any more. I think I woke up after that.
What is other peoples opinions. Was this just a dream or did I visit the spirit world in my sleep state. It certainly felt real. Unlike any dream I've ever had before.
It is an experience that has stayed with me and to me I feel it really happened. The memory is still quite strong. Was I supposed to go there or did I slip in unexpected.
I would be interested to know what you all make of this experience.
Old 17-01-2015, 01:04 AM
Ascender
It is hard to say for sure. Did you have any odd phenomenon occur before the 'dream' took place? It might be an astral projection experience.
Old 17-01-2015, 01:14 AM
Pathfinder

I can't remember any odd phenomena. Just the suddenly being there. At first it was like I was in a familiar place close to home. But as I started walking the scenery sort of began to change and I realised I wasn't at this place I thought I was. It's hard to explain.
Old 17-01-2015, 01:38 AM
Suspended

There are places (astral and etheric) near to this physical plane. There will be replicas of the town or city where you live. The closer they are to this plane the more similar they are. lf they are further away there will be more changes in the environment. The thoughts of the inhabitants will affect the scenery etc.. and people there can even change their appearance (shapeshift).
You were probably in some middle astral place. We can just wake up consciously there sometimes. lt would only be astral projection if you were conscious there. lt could have been a vivid dream, because most ppl hover close to their physical bodies at night and have dreams there, but this sounds more like astral travelling. Even over there you probably still need an invitation before entering private property. lol. l've had similar things..
There are plenty of books on this subject.
Old 17-01-2015, 09:46 AM
cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshmaiden.
I can't remember any odd phenomena. Just the suddenly being there. At first it was like I was in a familiar place close to home. But as I started walking the scenery sort of began to change and I realised I wasn't at this place I thought I was. It's hard to explain.

It is hard to tell where were you in your dream, but your post reminded me of something I should have done long ago.
There are people who usually or rarely remember their dreams. I belong to people who dream and remember. It seems you belong here too.
I told myself so many times to write down my dreams. I did not, but through life I remembered quite a lot of these vivid dreams and they explained themselves after a while - usually after several years. Maybe you should write down your dreams, especially when they are so impressive.

The experience you gain through time helps a lot in explaining dreams and situations when we are awake.
Old 17-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you maybe it was astral projection it does make sense. I do know I have the ability to project. But I usually get scared because I get a strong buzzing sensation all over my body.
This happened to me once when I was very young. Probably about nineteen years old. This may sound daft but I felt the strong buzzing sensation all over and thought I was levitating off the bed. I knew very little about spiritual things back then. I thought some entity was trying to take me over. Lol.
I also felt paralysed just before I felt like I was levitating.
Shows how little I did know. But then again back then we didn't have internet to go out and find out what these things where.
I have become conscious after coming out of body a couple of times in the past. But I've always got scared. But on those occasions I've realised that I've projected. And have just found myself floating around so to speak. Had no control.
I have had other times when I've known I've been some where else. But can't remember where. But have been woken up with a jolt and a sort of loud popping sound. It feels like I've entered my body through my feet.
I really need to learn to do this consciously as it could be a lot of fun. I could learn so much through it.
What made me think this was different was the fact that I just found myself there. I hadn't realised that I had actually projected. I guess I still have a lot to learn.
Sorry if I have put this in the wrong section. I just thought that maybe it was a case of I had been shown a glimpse of the other side.
Old 17-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Pathfinder

If anyone would like to move this to the astral projection section then please do so.
Old 17-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you cactus. Yes I really should keep a dream diary. I can't always remember my dreams. But there are times when I can. I should keep a diary so that I can see if there is any pattern. Also so that I can learn what my dreams are trying to tell me.
Old 17-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Master

We all leave our bodies during deep sleep , astral project, but dont remember , or as a dream . A few dreams are from being out of body , most are just the mind at play . Was the dream from being out of body , or just a dream ? It was your dream , not mine .
Old 17-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Pathfinder

It didn't feel like a dream. It was too real for that. That is why I've always wondered where I actually was. I wondered if I was given a glimpse of the other side. But the theory of astral projection does make sense.
It is an experience that I've never forgotten and have always wondered about.