Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 04-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Ascender

I noticed that when changing to Chrome. But I managed to get around that and everything works flawlessly.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Master
Oh that's good. If you have a way to make the quick links drop down work for our chrome users, I'm sure they'd appreciate hearing it.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Ascender

Hm, yeah sorry, I don't. I usually just use the links up the top. Gets me around easily enough ;)
Old 04-04-2011, 03:35 AM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah
But I will admit that Windows has given me my fair share of problems in the past & I'm sure it will continue to do so, what I would like is an OS crossed between Windows & linux.
I believe I mentioned that *hackintosh* is mac OSX and runs on x86 or x64 hardware.. aka clones/PC's
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***ROM***
I say, get rid of Internet Explorer and start using a more stable, compatible web browser such as Chrome or Firefox. IE is renowned for its crappiness, not to disrespect anyone who uses it.
I don't agree one reason I've stuck by IE is.. cause my customers do..

But another reason.. is there's always this weird energy.. where people claim this is the good guy and that is the bad guy.. so they've mainly claimed that microsoft is the bad guy.. and "apple" is the good guy or linux is the good guy.. this transitions into.. Internet Explorer is the bad guy.. and and firefox/chrome/whatever is the good guy..

I'm not arguing that they don't all have problems cause they do!

Just saying be AWARE of what you’re saying.. and why..

For the record I think IE9 is the best browser available right now.. but firefox may surpass it in the future as demonstrated by this arstechnica article..

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/rev...9-reviewed.ars

I personally like AERO.. and I'm not sure that firefox currently even uses it's features or supports it.. that one’s up on microsoft for allowing it for windows vista/7 and future 8 users..
Old 04-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Elijah

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
I believe I mentioned that *hackintosh* is mac OSX and runs on x86 or x64 hardware.. aka clones/PC's.
Yes, I'm well aware of it & never been interested.
I was talking about a cross between 'Linux' & Windows, I use both & a combination of the 2 would be my ideal platform.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Elijah

Quote:
For the record I think IE9 is the best browser available right now.. but firefox may surpass it in the future as demonstrated by this arstechnica article.
Do you benchmark any of your browsers/compare benchmarks?
I would personally advise going with either Chrome or Firefox based on my own test's & that of other test reviews I have researched.
Quote:
I personally like AERO.. and I'm not sure that firefox currently even uses it's features or supports it.
Well no, it's not hardwired into the Windows theme as with IE.
But tbh aero has a very small appearance impact on the browser & for what it's worth it can be added to Firefox through the add-ons.
Customization is vastly more available with Firefox, as with most Microsoft products, customization is generally very limited.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Master
What I am looking for is the very latest incarnation of Firefox 3 - I think it was 3.6.2. Anyone with any ideas ?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Elijah

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
What I am looking for is the very latest incarnation of Firefox 3 - I think it was 3.6.2. Anyone with any ideas ?
Just search for it, here's a link I found in my first search:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/9513/
Old 04-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Neville

I am summising that the issue I am experiencing is browser related.

I do know that as far as the different browsers are concerned, we all have our preferred option.

Mine alas or otherwise has always been IE and it is the upgrade to IE9 is the issue here.

Is it case that this will be addressed by either IE or the forum hosts in due course or will I have to put up with it or adopt a scenario whereby I roill back to IE8 or even change browsers altogether ?

Many thanks in advance.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Master
Yes Neville, this must have got lost in the other computer discussions going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Any browser can have it's problem displaying a website, or forum. It's a matter of if that website, forum, supports the browser.

I have installed IE 9 on my computer to test it out and see if I can see the issue. I will say that I am having the issue with the new posts. Pm's, however, seem ok with me. We are looking into a resolution. It maybe something as simple as a forum patch, or it maybe something that is outdated and not supported by IE9.

As soon as we have a resolution please let us know.

So for now, yes, you'll have to muddle through with IE unless you want to download and use Chrome or something else as has been suggested