Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 21-12-2012, 04:50 AM
Aden

Bananas As Beneficial As Sports Drinks

Bananas have long been a favorite source of energy for endurance and recreational athletes.Bananas are a rich source of potassium and other nutrients, and are easy for cyclists,runners or hikers to carry. Eat bananas for healthy bones and reduce the risk of heart diseases and blood pressure.
Old 21-12-2012, 08:56 AM
primrose

Aden, thanks for taking the time to make these posts, you're right about all these foods you've mentioned.
Old 15-01-2013, 01:04 AM
purplevortex

Thank you for the information. I love bananas, I can never get enough of them.
Old 15-01-2013, 01:28 AM
Well, today on Dr. Oz apparently kiwi is the wonder fruit...more potas than
Bananas, more C than an orange and other things I forget.
Oh also you don't have to buy organic...they hold some of the least amt
Of pollutants than any fruit.
I'm buying tons after the report.

Edit: I remember more fiber than a bowl of something they showed!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-01-2013, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator
I always knew bananas were good stuff.
And Miss Hepburn...I have had some transcendent experiences with Kiwi Fruit!
No seriously, I was once so thoroughly exhausted after some traumas, plus no sleep for 38 hours, and had to drive a long way which started off on these mountain roads which were very tricky. I ate 3 Kiwi Fruit, basically because apart from some bread and some chocolate, that's all I had with me until I hit "civilisation". Well the effect was sudden and excellent. Power to Kiwi Fruit!
Old 15-01-2013, 01:38 AM
amy green

It's probably well known that lots of sports drinks are high in sugar.
Seems to me that a better bet would be bananas and water (to rehydrate).
Old 15-01-2013, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I always knew bananas were good stuff.
And Miss Hepburn...I have had some transcendent experiences with Kiwi Fruit!
No seriously, I was once so thoroughly exhausted after some traumas, plus no sleep for 38 hours, and had to drive a long way which started off on these mountain roads which were very tricky. I ate 3 Kiwi Fruit, basically because apart from some bread and some chocolate, that's all I had with me until I hit "civilisation". Well the effect was sudden and excellent. Power to Kiwi Fruit!
It's going to be my new "thing".
Notice I added above....has tons of fiber.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-01-2013, 05:05 AM
Master
I eat at least 10 a week, its the wonder fruit.....and its delish in the process.....yummmmmmy.....
Old 15-01-2013, 01:00 PM
WonderGarth

Hahahaha .... I eat at least 10 a Day

I eat mostly fruit , and been doing so for a few years now.

The comparison of fruit to sports drinks ... is downright silly ! There is no comparison to me ... fruit .. ANY fruit is better than commercial drinks. Those are all about consuming the brand . Bottled fruit juice of 100 percent real fruit juice is also a whole lot better.

All the stuff about needing vits and mins from these sports drinks is just marketing ! PFM ... pure effen magic .. lol. Eat real food .... celebrate your existence ..... Love .... that's the foundation of all nutriion. It's not in a bottle ... not in a powder ... not made in a lab or studied by science... it's simply Love. That 4 letter word that every uses and but forget it's real Power :)

btw.. what's up with all these "server too busy" mesages ? I never know if a post is gonna post.
Old 16-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Xeno

''Server is too busy'' means exactly what it says, it means a lot of traffic is entering and exiting SF. You are put on a queue.
Just wait it out a little and refresh. Don't refresh 5 seconds after the message because it won't help. 30 seconds should be more than enough.

Bananas are particularly rich in vitamin B6.