Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 12-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Sungirl

Venting more than anything

My soul sister just posted a picture on her facebook page about what animals go through with cosmetic testing but I know she uses tested products, I am sure she does!

I've posted on it about how there is an increase in BUAV approved companies... but it has made me so mad!!!!

People say they don't want cosmetic testing, get upset about what happens, then pop to the supermarket to get their branded products that are so obviously tested on animals.

Although at times I mention products being cruelty free I tend to keep my opinions to myself, but the hypocrisy of this drives me nuts.

I will go and find a link to the BUAV and post it I think... but what else can I do
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungirl
I know she uses tested products, I am sure she does!
Have you actually seen her put on a known brand? Or has she actually told you the brand name? If not, best to check first and try to avoid getting upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungirl
I will go and find a link to the BUAV and post it I think... but what else can I do
That seems a good idea - and helpful to others who may not have thought about such issues.

Best wishes to you!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Sungirl

You are right... I shouldn't go off at the deep end without knowing for sure... I don't see her very often so I am probably just getting cross for no reason.

Those pictures tear my heart out and I want to lash out at anyone who buys that stuff!!!

Sorry for the rant.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:27 PM
glenos

Find out for sure and consider carefully any reaction that you may feel that you want to display, though it is hard I know to keep cool sometimes when it comes to this stuff.

I feel just the same about this subject Sungirl.

G
Old 13-11-2012, 07:31 AM
primrose

Sungirl, How can we be sure that we are buying products not tested on animals? I feel as you do about this.
Old 13-11-2012, 08:39 AM
neptune13

What is 'BUAV'?
Old 13-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Master

BUAV

http://www.buav.org

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 13-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Sungirl

Primrose...I see you are in Canada so I can't tell you for sure, but over here we have people like the BUAV who certify products that meet their specifications as "cruelty free", we also have companies who make a point of marketing the fact that their products are cruelty free.

The BUAV has really taken off in the last year or two and many of the big supermarkets and chains are coming on board which means it is getting really easy to stop using the big brands and start becoming cruelty free.

You may have something similar your way, I get the impression Canada is quite a peace loving country that cares about animals.
Old 28-11-2012, 04:59 AM
4everaspirit

Recommend to her her favorite products, only in cruelty free form. There are cruelty free versions of make up from vegan foundation, to eyeliner, and even lip tattoos from "violent lips"
Old 05-12-2012, 07:10 AM
primrose

Knight, thanks for the link.

Sungirl, I don't know of a local chapter here but will try to find out. As for caring for animals, sadly to say we have our abusers and the laws are'nt tough enough on them.