Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > EFT

Old 12-07-2011, 12:26 PM
mattie

EFT Very Useful

EFT can also be used to strengthen the immune system.

Another link for it. The free manual is more than sufficient.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
EFT can also be used to strengthen the immune system.

Another link for it. The free manual is more than sufficient.

Yes, EFT strengthens the immune system, at least in part by reducing or eliminating stress. It can also be used for going ahead in any goal you have, once you have released the blocks to it.

Although I prefer other books on EFT, the free manual is available at: http://EFTUniverse.com. Click on "Learning EFT" and "Getting Started Free"

Xan

Old 28-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Master
Xan have you ever or do you experience anxiety or any condition that EFT has freed you from?
Old 28-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Master
Yes... I have used EFT for anxiety, fear, self-criticism and other issues as part of how I got free from the patterns.

I'm wondering if there's another question behind that one, Sarian.

Xan

Old 28-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Master
Hello, Xan. I honestly have a lot of respect for you, and you promote this, and I have tried it, but I have so much doubt that washes over me. I am determined to keep on trying this. I've been going through a particularly bad time, and no matter how much I try to free myself of issues, they keep coming back. I realize that I have to be allowing them, but take today...bad day...emotionally and very anxious. I read up on it, watched videos. I wanted to understand how it came to be EFT first. I have tried it in the past, but I couldn't understand the whys or mechanics of it. Been doing it all morning, can't say it's done anything. then I got thinking about you and were you ever in need of freedom from anything. You seem extremely insightful and having it all together, but in a quiet, genuine way, which I admire. I feel like a mess so how can anyone take me seriously even if I have much to say or pass on ...or so I thought.

Have my first exam tomorrow and should be studying that, but I ended up sleeping a lot. I think depression and much anxiety has taken a hold of me. Tired of emotional roller coasters as well.
Old 28-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Master
Sarian... When EFT seems to be not working it's because there are unrecognized issues from the past that haven't been addressed. Often we can't see what needs to be treated in complex patterns like you are describing, and we need to work with a trained practitioner.

Of course that doesn't help with your exam tomorrow. I don't know how you are using EFT, but there are ways to approach it that might help you today.

One of these is to get into it more intensely... shouting the phrases if necessary... and using a setup phrase something like, "Even though I have so much doubt and frustration I can't study for my exam I deeply love and accept myself." and tapping through the acupoint sequence alternating on "doubt and frustration" and "relaxing and trusting" (or whatever terms feel right to you).

Go through the sequences again and again until you begin to feel releasing... then repeat again and again... with the same or new feeling words.

You could do the same for "depression" and "anxiety" separately or together, alternating with opposite terms such as "accepting myself" "allowing" and so on.

Or use something simple and spontaneous like "I CAN'T STUDY AND I'M SO WORRIED ABOUT THIS EXAM, BUT I LOVE AND ACCEPT MYSELF ANYWAY!" alternating through the points with "can't study" and "can study"... with some intensity.

Or simply "DOUBT!" alternating with "TRUST!" or something similar.

As for your ongoing work to get free of the difficult emotional issues you're living with I suggest using The Movie Technique to get to their origin. I'll post that next for you and others who might want to use it.

As for me and my story, I went through many years of depression, anxiety and self-criticism that didn't allow me a moment's peace. Gradually, with EFT and my spiritual practices those patterns are almost completely gone, and I haven't felt depressed in years.

Xan

Old 28-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Master
TEARLESS TRAUMA RELEASE

Often it’s most effective to use EFT about an event from the past related to the onset of the present problem or issue. The painful memory can be brought up just enough for it to be treated and released, without getting into it dramatically.

If there were a number of similar events in a pattern, such as abuse, work with the one that seems to have the most charge or meaning for you.

The Movie Technique and Tell The Story are two ways to clear core causes where they originated in the past.

THE MOVIE TECHNIQUE: Traumatic memories may be healed by playing a specific event from the past in your mind, from beginning to end like a movie, giving attention to all sensory details - images, sounds and sensations, and all feelings, thoughts, impressions and decisions - while tapping, or touching and breathing, through the sequence continuously. This may be done privately without describing the movie out loud.

Repeat playing the movie in your mind and going through the acupoint sequence until no negative feelings remain about it.

TELL THE STORY: While you, or someone you are helping with EFT, are telling the story about a difficult or traumatic event, or series of events, keep tapping or touching through the sequence of points continuously until the end of the story. Notice all sensory details, feelings, thoughts, conclusions you came to and decisions.

Repeat the story and the sequence until there is no more emotional charge left with the memory.

Xan

Old 28-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Sarian... When EFT seems to be not working it's because there are unrecognized issues from the past that haven't been addressed. Often we can't see what needs to be treated in complex patterns like you are describing, and we need to work with a trained practitioner.

Of course that doesn't help with your exam tomorrow. I don't know how you are using EFT, but there are ways to approach it that might help you today.

One of these is to get into it more intensely... shouting the phrases if necessary... and using a setup phrase something like, "Even though I have so much doubt and frustration I can't study for my exam I deeply love and accept myself." and tapping through the acupoint sequence alternating on "doubt and frustration" and "relaxing and trusting" (or whatever terms feel right to you).

Go through the sequences again and again until you begin to feel releasing... then repeat again and again... with the same or new feeling words.

You could do the same for "depression" and "anxiety" separately or together, alternating with opposite terms such as "accepting myself" "allowing" and so on.

Or use something simple and spontaneous like "I CAN'T STUDY AND I'M SO WORRIED ABOUT THIS EXAM, BUT I LOVE AND ACCEPT MYSELF ANYWAY!" alternating through the points with "can't study" and "can study"... with some intensity.

Or simply "DOUBT!" alternating with "TRUST!" or something similar.

As for your ongoing work to get free of the difficult emotional issues you're living with I suggest using The Movie Technique to get to their origin. I'll post that next for you and others who might want to use it.

As for me and my story, I went through many years of depression, anxiety and self-criticism that didn't allow me a moment's peace. Gradually, with EFT and my spiritual practices those patterns are almost completely gone, and I haven't felt depressed in years.

Xan
Thank you Xan. On my way to pick up my daughter I was tapping, without the words, out loud anyway. I was aware of my thoughts as I did it, and thought I sensed some relief, but on my way home, the dread and anxiety and despair came back. I will keep up with this and thank you for the instructions. I am so happy that you had been freed.

Yes, I'm sure I have all sorts of issues that need to be dealt with. My friends often tell me that I am the strongest person they know and don't know how I rebound so often and well, but truth is, I have times like now, where the rebounding is getting harder and harder. Thank you Xan.
Old 28-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
TEARLESS TRAUMA RELEASE

Often it’s most effective to use EFT about an event from the past related to the onset of the present problem or issue. The painful memory can be brought up just enough for it to be treated and released, without getting into it dramatically.

If there were a number of similar events in a pattern, such as abuse, work with the one that seems to have the most charge or meaning for you.

The Movie Technique and Tell The Story are two ways to clear core causes where they originated in the past.

THE MOVIE TECHNIQUE: Traumatic memories may be healed by playing a specific event from the past in your mind, from beginning to end like a movie, giving attention to all sensory details - images, sounds and sensations, and all feelings, thoughts, impressions and decisions - while tapping, or touching and breathing, through the sequence continuously. This may be done privately without describing the movie out loud.

Repeat playing the movie in your mind and going through the acupoint sequence until no negative feelings remain about it.

TELL THE STORY: While you, or someone you are helping with EFT, are telling the story about a difficult or traumatic event, or series of events, keep tapping or touching through the sequence of points continuously until the end of the story. Notice all sensory details, feelings, thoughts, conclusions you came to and decisions.

Repeat the story and the sequence until there is no more emotional charge left with the memory.

Xan
Thank you, xan and I will do this as well. I know I need it. Thank you.
Old 29-08-2011, 01:24 AM
Master
Yes... these internal challenges can make us very strong.

By the way, did you know that you can visualize the points and do EFT secretly
in public places? You might imagine that you're tapping, or see little lights at each of the points.

Just keep going and I think you'll see more progress.

Feel free to send me a pm if you want more personal support with this, Sarian.

Xan