Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 09-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Hirandall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMG
OCD is just a continuity of anxiety, it's a recognizable mechanism that you're using for a reason; at some point you would have found comfort in it. When you convince yourself you have indeed prevented something from occuring with your OCD ritual, you will have found confirmation that it works for you and you depend on it. The more you believe in it, the more power you give it to really manifest things in your life.

Your anxiety is coming from a fear of losing control, so no wonder you have found information regarding the law of attraction and other such metaphysics, these concepts are your interest and also your crutch. If you understand the concepts you will know that fear is self-serving and is only looking to support it's own longevity, it's false security. Your security comes from fearlessness and confidence.

Don't resist the OCD rituals, accept them objectively as what they are; fear. If you do not resist and you do not place power in them, they are harmless. It's not the intrinsic nature of the condition of OCD itself which produces creative results, it's your belief in the substance of the ritualistic behaviour. If you treat your rituals like they are omens, you will create a self-fulfilling prophecy. LOA reveals personal power, internal responsibility, viewing yourself as subject to OCD shows you have not grasped that; OCD is just a by product of what you once were. Realize that it is only powerful if you place power in it, and move on step by step. It will be gone.

And remember you can't decide the fate of another, you can only attract to yourself situations in which you will blame yourself for another's misfortune.

1st of all,thnks fro replying,although I admit I have OCD rituals,but now my problem is more the opposite ,the OCD tries to "ban" me from doing certain things.What does the bolded part means?
Old 09-05-2012, 04:44 PM
RMG

You are limiting yourself by convincing yourself that these things are legitimate. Anything related to OCD is only legitimate if you believe it is, it's nothing to do with the OCD itself, it's to do with your perceptions of what it means to have OCD. If your belief system tells you that OCD symptoms can have implications on law of attraction, then you will attract confirmation of that. But again, it has nothing to do with OCD.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Hirandall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMG
You are limiting yourself by convincing yourself that these things are legitimate. Anything related to OCD is only legitimate if you believe it is, it's nothing to do with the OCD itself, it's to do with your perceptions of what it means to have OCD. If your belief system tells you that OCD symptoms can have implications on law of attraction, then you will attract confirmation of that. But again, it has nothing to do with OCD.
I don't think I ever think it is really legitimate,I doubt it,what I ask is it possible to manifest by this kind of ways?
Old 10-05-2012, 02:49 PM
RMG

Unfortunately I think the language/translation barrier is an issue for us; you said you were Chinese?

If you believe in your compulsions as affirmations, they will become affirmations. If you do not give them power through belief then they are not going to be an issue.

OCD is not important, it's your perceptions of what OCD means that is. If you believe your mental disorder has power over you, then it does. But you still make the decision.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Hirandall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMG
Unfortunately I think the language/translation barrier is an issue for us; you said you were Chinese?

If you believe in your compulsions as affirmations, they will become affirmations. If you do not give them power through belief then they are not going to be an issue.

OCD is not important, it's your perceptions of what OCD means that is. If you believe your mental disorder has power over you, then it does. But you still make the decision.
Well,I mean I don;t think I dare to be "convinced" that it is true,well if anything having doubt about it make the thing more unlikely to be true.The thing is I am not sure if thinking about it long enough would make it true or not.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 PM
RMG

If you don't believe it will, then it wont.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:24 AM
darkness

Ocd can become affirmations....I've had this happen to me.... I didn't intentionally think certain things in order to bring them about, but the thoughts do bring back to me when I was thinking... I have OCD, more mentally than physically but I do have my moments. Definitely thoughts can bring results in real life....as far as car wrecks, I've learnt that usually that doesn't happen, even when I'm thinking it will:p... although today I did almost get into a mini fender bender about 20 minutes after thinking about it:( although it was my fault, I forgot to look left before turning again. So yeah...be careful of your thoughts, or at least work on controlling them. I may have attracted ocd into my lifee just by the loa. Lol.:/ I've attracted bad and good though, so that's why I say be careful or at control your thoughts..... good luck :)
Old 11-05-2012, 04:27 AM
darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMG

True, not to believe that their is power to attract what you're thinking is good.. not believing it will happen, not believing that your thoughts actually hold any power over the course of events happening.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Hirandall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMG
If you don't believe it will, then it wont.
I am wondering(for a long long time and sometimes I get ****ed about it,and sometimes I might have thought that it might,I mean I don't know I cant really remember everything I thought of) ) if it will happen or not...so does that count?
Old 11-05-2012, 12:39 PM
RMG

Hirandall,

You think too long and too hard about it, giving over too much of your creative energy to it. So do all of the people who have OCD and learn about LOA principles. It confuses them because they've been trying to battle with this idea that their compulsive thoughts can cause catastrophies in their lives, their only comfort comes from telling themselves it isn't real. And then they learn about LOA which shows us our absolute creative power - it doesn't take long for them to realize the implications of OCD.

But it really is simple(easier said than done, but none the less true) OCD has absolutely no power, only you can give it power. The past thoughts you had that you did believe in, just stop believing in them. They didn't happen yet, so, just don't believe it. Time is not an enemy, it's not even a concern, time is as illusory as OCD itself.

Tell yourself now that nothing is going to go wrong and that the OCD means nothing, tell yourself that your truest intentions are what attracts things into your life and treat your fear like a tantrumming child. Don't supress it, let it explore itself, then sooth it with confident affirmations when it's finished crying.