Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 04-02-2018, 09:57 PM
Knower
I've got a good one for ya. See if it resonates, if it does, roll with it.

Let's look at your experience directly. You are witnessing thoughts and senses, correct? It's important you recognize that you are indeed witnessing thoughts and senses, because let's look at that witness. Look at the one who is perceiving perception. The one who sees seeing.

I just pointed at something important. Really look at this thing. What does it feel like to you? Perhaps a void? Or perhaps you reach a "back screen of consciousness"? Either way, look at it (focus on it). Does it have any qualities? Does it care what you care about? Is it stressed about what you're stressed about? Can it even possibly suffer?

You can get in touch with the witness. It's actually the true self. It's pure awareness. It's where the true "I Am" is.

If you create a space between the true YOU, and the appearances happening to you (thoughts, senses)... you have reached the end of suffering

You can do that by pulling yourself back to the pure space of the witness. Pull yourself into the void. And simply observe. Observe the thoughts. Observe the senses. But don't identify with them (identifying causes suffering). Just observe, as the unchanging, untouchable witness. Pure awareness. Thoughts will come, but they are clouds you can let pass in front of you. It may feel almost as if you are watching a movie your whole life. You have nothing to say about the movie, you have no thoughts or feelings about the movie, you are just watching.

Life still goes on just fine. But you are free.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinoth
Please everyone share your experience and ideas

how to create happiness instead of suffering through perspective change

It starts with releasing the desire for happiness, which is a pleasurable feeling, and lose the aversions toward suffering, which is displeasurable feeling, and with complete neutrality, leave pleasure and pain come and go just as it does, not because you let it, but because that's how it happens to be.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It starts with releasing the desire for happiness, which is a pleasurable feeling, and lose the aversions toward suffering, which is displeasurable feeling, and with complete neutrality, leave pleasure and pain come and go just as it does, not because you let it, but because that's how it happens to be.

I like what u typed here Gemma.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:41 PM
Seeker

I was searching on youtube I got an exact solution video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqxxCYnAxo8&t=2s

Anyway thanks for your suggestion Mr. Anthony c
Old 07-02-2018, 09:28 AM
Master
I heard someone say the other day that happiness is a choice and that happiness is available for everyone 'now'

I have even heard bashir speak about creating the reality one want's to experience 'now'

Suffering is a choice, happiness is a choice, poverty is a choice blah blah blah.

This well maybe a fact, butt where in the grand scheme of things did one make such a choice?

Does anyone know where or when you first decided to be born into poverty and disease?

Does anyone know why they choose such experiences?

In my eyes, nuffin is as straightforward as feeling like pants to then suggest I wanna feel like the sunshine ..

I think it's slightly ever so missing the point for why one feels like pants .

We could in such instances change our pants everyday until one is happy with the pair they have on ..

Butt that's not really addressing why one is not happy with any pair ..

x daz x
Old 07-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I heard someone say the other day that happiness is a choice and that happiness is available for everyone 'now'

I have even heard bashir speak about creating the reality one want's to experience 'now'

Suffering is a choice, happiness is a choice, poverty is a choice blah blah blah.

This well maybe a fact, butt where in the grand scheme of things did one make such a choice?

Does anyone know where or when you first decided to be born into poverty and disease?

Does anyone know why they choose such experiences?

In my eyes, nuffin is as straightforward as feeling like pants to then suggest I wanna feel like the sunshine ..

I think it's slightly ever so missing the point for why one feels like pants .

We could in such instances change our pants everyday until one is happy with the pair they have on ..

Butt that's not really addressing why one is not happy with any pair ..

x daz x

and how do you reconcile the apparent 'choice' to be happy with the fact that certain others have apparently made a 'choice' to put other people into emotional slavery?

Can you really be happy when others are being totally mean to you?

Should you even have to bear the burden of ttrying?
Old 07-02-2018, 04:52 PM
Master

Rescuing with a lean on
pack of those off time -
dutys

don't forget about in day
snoozes are delicious too,
must have those, maybe.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
and how do you reconcile the apparent 'choice' to be happy with the fact that certain others have apparently made a 'choice' to put other people into emotional slavery?

Can you really be happy when others are being totally mean to you?

Should you even have to bear the burden of ttrying?

Equally said can one be happy with oneself while being mean to others . At this point of expression one in my eyes doesn't have the choice to be happy even if they wanted to be . It could be said also that there is no choice, other to be mean in that moment . Why is that so? Why is one peep mean and another not? What circumstances bring forth an expression? What level of self awareness is present?

When spiritual teacher types suggest one can change their lives from being negative to positive, selfish to unselfish, unhappy to unhappy because they have the power to create the change they want to experience then it in my eyes totally ignores the reasons for why one is unhappy, selfish, mean etc ..

Perhaps it would be more meaningful to look at why one is the way they are rather than to just change the record when they don't like the sound of what's playing ..

No point in creating a happy face if one doesn't want to look into why they abuse another ..

x daz x
Old 18-02-2018, 04:41 PM
Knower

Suffering in spiritual practice is overcome not by one meditation,but by preliminary practices to destroy bad karma.It is the nurturing of devotion to the real master,the fulfillment of the steps of the Yma and Nyama (sacrifice of service) of asana,pranayama,the stage of persistent effort and patience..If you go through all this, I assure you that your life will significantly improve.
Old 22-02-2018, 05:05 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves

One person alone cannot choose to put another person into emotional slavery. The "victim" of emotional slavery also makes a choice to enter the role of being an emotional slave. This choice may not be a conscious choice. Instead, it is driven by subconscious fears or unrecognised needs, but at some deep level a choice is made.

Someone who makes such a choice is repeating old patterns, and they continue to repeat these patterns until they reach a point where the pain of being stuck in these patterns outweighs the pain of making changes. Then perhaps they choose to stop being a victim, and they make different decisions about how they want to live.

It is all a learning process. We are all drawn to people who will teach us what we need to learn.

Peace.