Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 09-07-2019, 07:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Hi and welcome to the Forum.

There is a lot of information out there and most of it is totally contradictory. Yes, it can be like opening a can of worms at times, which you wish you didn't do and everything seems downright confusing.

Have you ever considered meditation? Just trying to shut it all out and go within? If this is difficult for you, just focus on the breath. Practice being mindful and totally present with everyday mundane activities like eating and bathing...This is all that is really required.

I wish you all the best.

BEST description of how things are that I have seen.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatember
Hi, all.

I keep feeling like I should be interacting with places like this, or with individual people. But I feel sort of...at odds with the whole thing? Not that I disagree with people necessarily, but I feel like I'm hitting a more complicated emotional wall. It's hard to put words to. I'm gunna try anyways, maybe someone here has felt the same way?

I feel like I get this general, undefined feeling of aversion. It's like a big feeling made out of a lot of little things. Each little thing is something I think or feel or question about the spiritual community. Each thing is something I need to address and sort-out, because they're contributing to that unpleasant feeling. They each make sense on their own. I could articulate them just fine if they were individual thoughts. But the aversion feeling is made up of so many and it hits me all at once. I can't focus on them all at once!

It's like seeing a dust cloud where I can't see every individual speck of dust at once. I'm trying to understand the shape of each little speck, but to shift focus from the large cloud to one speck is overwhelming because the cloud wants to be felt all at once, right now! That's too much information. I feel like my brain is trying to squeeze an octopus through a pinhole.

It's difficult because even when I see spiritual pieces of writing or a video or something, while I'm reading or watching something will be said or I'll observe something that brings some of those thoughts, feelings and questions to the surface or generates new ones. But I'm getting handfuls of them occurring to me all at one time, in real time, and even more happening as I try to read on or keep watching. The big feeling will keep happening the entire time.

Does anyone know anything about this? Maybe someone's been through it before? I wasn't sure if it was a spiritual thing or something that could be considered more mundane but I haven't heard of mundane problems like this. Also, I've handled some pretty intense mundane problems and read some pretty dense stuff and dealing with several questions or variables or pieces of information to consider at once usually doesn't bother me like this at all. I'm usually pretty good at that. This only happens when I'm trying to interact with metaphysical spiritual community stuff so far. (Although if anyone did have a non-spiritual explanation I would appreciate those too.)

I have experienced such feelings.

As for me, I did exactly what the 'leaders' told me not do and that was I went to a lot of different groups with diverse belief systems. Some claim if a person does what I did, they can go crazy. At times it was very difficult to keep 'things together' but eventually I got to see the 'light at the end of the tunnel'.

Better yet, just hang in there.

Give it some time.....
Old 12-07-2019, 01:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
BEST description of how things are that I have seen.
Thank you.

I have been deeply conditioned throughout my life to try and make some degree of logical sense out of all those concepts I am exposed to and if it makes no sense, then just forget it. I believe they call it "living responsibly".

Up until the beginning of this millennium, I was pretty much able to do so, but as time passes, the world around me just gets more and more confusing and I feel like I don't have the ability to cope with this whole emotional "free for all" anymore.

I don't understand if the world has changed or I have changed, in that I have lost all resilience to be able to resist the entropic downward spiral into oblivion... whatever the case, I can only relate now to things that do not change, or have a repetitive and predictable cycle of change...like nature.

There is a saying "adapt or perish" and I don't have the tools necessary to adapt to what, essentially cannot be adapted to because it keeps changing every second and so the only thing I can do is await my death and hope to be reborn elsewhere, where the environment is more stable and less volatile.

I don't mind change..not at all..just let me have a bit of time to get used to the change before it changes again...is that too much to ask?
Old 16-07-2019, 07:02 AM
Master

I'm not going to mince my words here.

Most of the so-called "spiritual" community is fake.

It is made up almost entirely of people who put on a fake facade of holiness, love and light, positivity and all that. Except of course humans cannot live such a fake existence, they have to be true to themselves and their real nature. So it comes out every once in a while, often surreptitiously. It turns out "spiritual" people are just as clueless, vicious, cruel and vindictive as every other human on the planet.

My own recommendation is to ignore others and listen to yourself. Only you can know you. Other people are entirely clueless about your inner world, which is a universe to itself. That is not to say, you shouldn't discuss your inner life with others, you can listen, politely, of course, just make sure you always follow your own heart and intuition.
Old 16-07-2019, 05:24 PM
Master
I fully agree with NoOne.
Good post.
Old 17-07-2019, 02:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
I'm not going to mince my words here.

Most of the so-called "spiritual" community is fake.

It is made up almost entirely of people who put on a fake facade of holiness, love and light, positivity and all that. Except of course humans cannot live such a fake existence, they have to be true to themselves and their real nature. So it comes out every once in a while, often surreptitiously. It turns out "spiritual" people are just as clueless, vicious, cruel and vindictive as every other human on the planet.

My own recommendation is to ignore others and listen to yourself. Only you can know you. Other people are entirely clueless about your inner world, which is a universe to itself. That is not to say, you shouldn't discuss your inner life with others, you can listen, politely, of course, just make sure you always follow your own heart and intuition.
I agree with Lomax. Excellent post. I wish this forum had a "like" button.
Old 17-07-2019, 05:32 AM
Master

@ NoOne Haha! Very candid

I’ll slightly qualify this by saying ‘listen to yourself ... meaning that little voice of conscience within’. Most follow cravings of the ego.

I’d tend to be a bit more indulgent about the ‘fake’ people in the spiritual community. As of their consciousness they are as they are, on their own life journey.

We see people going to church or temples or mosques for a variety of reasons. Still, for those few seconds, in whatever manner and for whatever motive, as they are able, a divine connect is being sought.

There is a long winding path before the inner & outer are in alignment. As Buddha says ‘let us respect the journey of each soul’

Old 17-07-2019, 07:27 AM
Master

Thanks guys.

Nice to know that others see it the same way.

My tolerance for Bull excrement is close to zero.

I've actually read an excellent book about the cult of positivity and its pernicious psychological effects. Very funny one, that.