Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Master

Soul Intention Vs. Concious Intention

Have you ever thought maybe our conscious intention and our soul intention can be at odds? I've been wondering lately. Strange, the way that sometimes life can bless us with adversity that rips us open to new experiences, as we'd never have chosen, exactly as we needed. Sometimes an outside observer would consider us a victim of life's harsh pain and suffering. But suffering can facilitate new understanding, in certain situations.
I've been feeling lately as if some of the ones who hurt me most in my life actually caused the cracking open to brighter, realer, higher, better understanding and experience. In some cases, these people have been very loving and understanding in other ways, leading me to believe they are in some ways "higher" souls in terms of their awakening or understanding. I was shocked by their betrayal, the ways they crushed and "mistreated" me by conventional or rational standards. In some cases my life was thrown very far astray, my mind confounded and lost in the aftermath of the betrayal they gave me.
And yet, the crazy thing is, I actually found that the results of their "betrayal" helped me more than anything I ever would've chosen or understood by myself. This has led me to wonder if maybe their soul chose to help me, even as their conscious self could not understand or talk to me in a way that could help me. And by conventional standards, their behavior would be considered abuse or betrayal.
Do you think that someone can understand the bigger picture from a soul level and act in a way in harmony with greater good even as their conscious mind is operating on a totally different level of understanding? So, can criminals and abusers actually have a higher level of soul intention that creates good with their abuse? I don't think all abusers create or facilitate good through their abuse, but in my particular case the ironic thing is that the abuse I've suffered created a situation that cracked me open, let the light in, in a way that few other situations would have created. So I wonder. Any thoughts?
Old 22-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Master

And another thought, maybe even if the higher soul level intent is good, the conscious level person could be at a lower level. Lower, irrespective of the higher soul level. If one believes that all soul and all higher self are one, then perhaps all of our higher selves are at a high level, while our conscious, individuated selves seem to be at differing levels, higher or lower.
Lately, I've thought I might have sensed from a spirit that one of the ones who may have helped me through (the consequences) of their abuse, was one who "fell". They just fell, and they just have to keep trying to learn the lesson till they get it. That idea was presented to me in a dream.
I also was presented with the idea that this person is just on a different path than me. I've been hesitant to part ways with them, because of the help and love they've given me. But I was told in dream that they are on a different path, have different lessons to learn, because of the different choices we've each made.
This all leads me to wonder, who is really higher? Me or the "abuser"? Is there even a real "higher"? Could it be a game, play, imagination, forgetting and remembering, no real substance? Hmm.... Anyway, at least it leads me to consider, maybe intentions can differ between the levels of consious and soul level being. And maybe even so, my conscious self can have its own path, apart from the one who "helps through abuse."
Maybe this is all my confabulation and imagination, but I've got to move forward past abuse and views that can't seem to join on the same page and work together. So it helps me there, if nothing else.