Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 06-09-2019, 10:50 PM
Master
MAYA EL, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:56 PM
Master
Color Very wise comment.

[quote=MAYA EL]
"Try not to get caught up in the worry of an end time situation and enjoy life
I an not going to try and convince anyone that the bible is fake because I know from experience that if your not ready to leave religion then nothing anyone can say will make you see the truth but I've been on both sides of the fence and it's not a healthy way to live."

Thanks for the comment.
I am glad you realize there is more to life.
As the saying goes "Hard to break old habits" which is something you have mastered.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-09-2019, 05:40 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
I was raised in a very "end times " Christian house and had it beat into my mind that "jesus was comming back soon " and was convinced by my mother that I would not live best ny early 20's do to the rapture/ Tech and so because of my upbringing I was an extremely devoted religious person tye 1st 26yrs if not life and during that time I always tried to understand the book of revelation in order to try and know what was going to happen before it happened and although I learned alot along the way it wasn't until I started having an awakening right around my 27th birthday that really changed my perspective . I say all of that to say this .
Try not to get caught up in the worry of an end time situation and enjoy life
I an not gete to try and convince anyone that the bible is fake because I know from experience that if your not ready to leave religion then nothing anyone can say will make you see the truth but I've been on both sides of the fence and it's not a healthy way to live.

Wow... I was raised in much the same way! It's crazy how this stuff still happens.

In a fundamentalist cult and the end was neigh. I also thought that the world would end before I reached adulthood. Luckily I escaped the church as it was falling apart when I was a teenager. I had my awakening at 25 and had to remove the tentacles of that church. They did a particular number on my throat chakra because the aim is to repress self expression and self identity. I'm in my early 30s now too, the world didn't end like the ministers said it would. I have rebuilt a life with a very different vision for my life and death to what the church indoctrinated us with.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:52 AM
Master
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariaecheflame
Wow... I was raised in much the same way! It's crazy how this stuff still happens.

In a fundamentalist cult and the end was neigh. I also thought that the world would end before I reached adulthood. Luckily I escaped the church as it was falling apart when I was a teenager. I had my awakening at 25 and had to remove the tentacles of that church. They did a particular number on my throat chakra because the aim is to repress self expression and self identity. I'm in my early 30s now too, the world didn't end like the ministers said it would. I have rebuilt a life with a very different vision for my life and death to what the church indoctrinated us with.
I am glad you made it out. Not everybody does.

Old 13-09-2019, 12:45 PM
MAYA EL

[quote=BigJohn]
Quote:
"Try not to get caught up in the worry of an end time situation and enjoy life
I an not going to try and convince anyone that the bible is fake because I know from experience that if your not ready to leave religion then nothing anyone can say will make you see the truth but I've been on both sides of the fence and it's not a healthy way to live."

Thanks for the comment.
I am glad you realize there is more to life.
As the saying goes "Hard to break old habits" which is something you have mastered.

Thank you very much for noticing my accomplishments it's much appreciated.
Old 13-09-2019, 12:53 PM
MAYA EL

Quote:

Most people don't realize it's a form of PTSD when you leave a cult where you truly believed that you would be in heaven by like 23yr old MAX because there are so many things you have never contemplated at all because "you wont be here for that" and then one day you realize you will be here for that and all of a sudden you are lost in the emotional barbecue sauce lol it took me a few years to pick myself back up and find a reson to live . But on the bright side I am well studied in numerology various different types of religions and spiritual practices due to all the intense research I did once I left Christianity so I guess you could say I made it for lost time LOL
Old 13-09-2019, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Most people don't realize it's a form of PTSD when you leave a cult where you truly believed that you would be in heaven by like 23yr old MAX because there are so many things you have never contemplated at all because "you wont be here for that" and then one day you realize you will be here for that and all of a sudden you are lost in the emotional barbecue sauce lol it took me a few years to pick myself back up and find a reson to live . But on the bright side I am well studied in numerology various different types of religions and spiritual practices due to all the intense research I did once I left Christianity so I guess you could say I made it for lost time LOL
Life is, that is it becomes, what you make of it!
Old 14-09-2019, 12:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Most people don't realize it's a form of PTSD when you leave a cult where you truly believed that you would be in heaven by like 23yr old MAX because there are so many things you have never contemplated at all because "you wont be here for that" and then one day you realize you will be here for that and all of a sudden you are lost in the emotional barbecue sauce lol it took me a few years to pick myself back up and find a reason to live . But on the bright side I am well studied in numerology various different types of religions and spiritual practices due to all the intense research I did once I left Christianity so I guess you could say I made it for lost time LOL

Once locked into a particular belief system, it is hard to realize the control it has over you. Glad you mentioned PTSD: most people never make the connection.

Old 14-09-2019, 12:30 AM
Master
Quote:

The "End of the World" belief systems can do a real number on people's emotions and psyche. As mentioned in a previous post on this thread, the original poster Maya El correctly identified this as PTSD.

I am glad that you made your way out..... some never do. I know one chap that has been locked into a similar if not the exact religion you were involved with. Every once in a while he 'goes off' and begins reciting a memorized script. If I question him on what he says, he goes off on a tirade which in many cases includes fowl language, etc. and then...... blames me for what he just said.

Old 14-09-2019, 04:29 AM
MAYA EL

My phone is not liking the format of this website lol. Either way for the third time LOL I was attempting to say was that it doesn't matter the intelligence level of the person because brainwashing can get the best of us I remember researching biblical stuff and confirming to myself my beliefs were accurate not once feeling like I was stretching the truth or letting my imagination get the best of me but now that I'm on the other side I was like holy s*** I was blind as a bat?! And I see it happened to family friends and the scary thing is there is nothing you can say that will make them snap out of it everybody has that little trigger that they have to flip themselves and it's different for everybody but it definitely bothers me how blind we can make ourselves very disturbing