Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-05-2012, 07:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker89
Thanks for the replies, and insight. You guys are right - I shouldn't waste energy trying to find a religion to fit into, I should focus on self-knowledge instead. After all, placing limitations on the spirit is like committing a crime against yourself...Thanks again, this place is awesome (and so are the people in it).

Peace.

seeker89 - I sent you a pm.

Blackraven
Old 17-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for the replies, and insight. You guys are right - I shouldn't waste energy trying to find a religion to fit into, I should focus on self-knowledge instead. After all, placing limitations on the spirit is like committing a crime against yourself...Thanks again, this place is awesome (and so are the people in it).

Peace.

On the bright side, there's a good cultural and social scene in some organised sectarian group, and it's not like you have to try to be like pshychoslice or xan or anyone else, or live up to their values, so kinda do what brings you happiness and no worries
Old 17-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altinak
Do you have any tips for starting meditation, I just cant seem to grasp the concentration to do it :(

Rule number one: Don't try too hard. That was my downfall when I tried it initially. Just relax and focus on your breath. Don't worry if thoughts come up, you don't have to get rid of them, just accept they're there and bring your attention gently back to the breath. Over time it will become easier but there's no rush.

Meditation tapes and music can make life easier for the absolute beginner.
Old 17-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for the replies, and insight. You guys are right - I shouldn't waste energy trying to find a religion to fit into, I should focus on self-knowledge instead.

Very good, seeker.

My suggestion for focusing on self-knowledge is a simple meditation practice nearly every day.

Xan

Old 17-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Master
Altinak: Do you have any tips for starting meditation, I just cant seem to grasp the concentration to do it :(

It takes time to develop concentration, Altinak. In the meanwhile you could do a practice that eases you through and past the busy mind so you can relax into your inner self. Here's one you might like:

Three Steps into your true nature - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=32551#post32551

Xan

Old 18-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Racer X

Quote:
Hey everyone

So, I still feel like I want/should belong to one spiritual system only...I can't really explain why this is, but perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I find all religions beautiful in and of themselves, and I almost feel like I'd be disrespecting them if I took a "mix 'n' match" approach to all of this. However, I'm faced with a bit of a conundrum, as I so want to experience the unity, the oneness, that people talk about after having awakened spiritually...I feel the first point I mentioned is mainly a mental barrier that I have, and I'd like to get past it.

If you don't mind sharing a bit of your practice with me, I'd like to know - How do those of you who don't subscribe to any particular religion structure your spirituality? Do you just take practices from certain places and implement them? Do you invent your own? I tried this approach, but it didn't really work for me. The problem is that I'm so interested in all religions, yet haven't found something that I'm comfortable enough with to stick with for long enough to get any real results/make any real progress.

Please, share with me

You need to make a leap from the rational mind to the Universal Mind~
No matter what terms or system used......

I studied as many as I came across and they always had this same element~
Transcending the human mind set, conditioned thoughts~

It is not easy from the standpoint of the human mind, but it is easy from the perspective of the Universal Mind~
It is hard to get through but easy when through~

Some Tools have been written to help you through:

A Course In Miracles by Foundation For Inner Freedom
Self Un-Foldment By Disciplines Of Realization by Manly P Hall
The Mystic Path To Cosmic Power by Vernon Howard

There are many more........ use the ones which suit "where" your are and "Where" you want to go~
Old 18-05-2012, 03:50 AM
romistrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altinak
Do you have any tips for starting meditation, I just cant seem to grasp the concentration to do it :(

one cannot jump into the mind and expect to govern it
observation, then study, then governance