Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by din
so in Tzu's case up above when he thinks this:

he's actually lost in his mind, believing and fully identifying with his thoughts, believing he is a someone who can do these things, and of course he can live that way, all possibilities are allowed...

In your case you interpret the statement as representation of all the possible flaws you could possibly derive, which is a rash judgement. That evokes a rather unpleasant sensation in the fibre of my being, one akin to revultion.

Quote:
but if he were really interested in the truth he would see that such thoughts come and go but there's something that is always there, something in which all these thoughts appear, something we call awareness, beingness ...

but please don't believe a word i say either, that would be just as bad as believing your own thoughts

The different is the sensation of a kiss on lips of a sweet maiden and the sensation of a swift kick to the goolies, and of course both experiences arise inawareness.

The pleasure taken in the kiss is a passing sensation, though one would wish it lasts forever, but pleasure comes then it goes, so can only be relished temporarily. The pain in your nuts is so unpleasant one wishes it would end, but it seems to last forever.

I would interpret Tzu's statement as being engaged in the passionate embrace, not stand there detached like a pretentious zen monk... and in the latter case exersize graceful tollerance by knowing the agony is temporary.

As you seek to find my belief attachment identity in my words above, I only ask you recall your own words: "that would be just as bad as believing your own thoughts "
Old 19-12-2010, 10:26 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
In your case you interpret the statement as representation of all the possible flaws you could possibly derive, which is a rash judgement. That evokes a rather unpleasant sensation in the fibre of my being, one akin to revultion.

The different is the sensation of a kiss on lips of a sweet maiden and the sensation of a swift kick to the goolies, and of course both experiences arise inawareness.

The pleasure taken in the kiss is a passing sensation, though one would wish it lasts forever, but pleasure comes then it goes, so can only be relished temporarily. The pain in your nuts is so unpleasant one wishes it would end, but it seems to last forever.

I would interpret Tzu's statement as being engaged in the passionate embrace, not stand there detached like a pretentious zen monk... and in the latter case exersize graceful tollerance by knowing the agony is temporary.

As you seek to find my belief attachment identity in my words above, I only ask you recall your own words: "that would be just as bad as believing your own thoughts "

Tell me Gem,

are you sensitive to criticism?
Old 19-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by din
Tell me Gem,

are you sensitive to criticism?

Yes...

I guess that says alot to you, but you forget your own words already?

"that would be just as bad as believing your own thoughts "
Old 19-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Master
to have keen sense of noticing doesn't actually meant to assume that one is a mere expectator of life nor it leads to a such a life style.

noticing is a prelude to balanced living and a necessary skill to enable one to engage life fully and with gusto. imo

Old 20-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Master
Here is the video text minus the pretty graphics for those who are unable to download

Quote:
Originally Posted by din re: Video on Zen Biology Lesson
The heart pumps blood all by itself
The lungs breathe all by themselves
The brain associates concepts with other concepts all by itself
The mind is thinking (randomly babbling) completely on its own
Let’s look inside for just a brief minute
How long can you keep the mind completely silent?
If you try to stop thinking it just starts right back up again
Words verbalizations, thoughts, thinking and emotionalism are completely automatic
You can’t stop it by controlling it, but you can eventually stop it by non judgmentally watching it.
The brain works completely by itself
It has nothing to do with you doing it
This means that you are not the doer of deeds nor the thinker of thoughts
The mind body is an ‘it’, not a ‘me’
The brains thoughts and the body’s actions are just the result of cells doing work
We are not the physical body/mind and its senses
We are not the mind and its automatic rambling thoughts
We are the still, conceptless, silent awareness that is aware of them
We are the awareness that is watching the mind/body’s automatic functioning
We are the silent formless observer
We are life/consciousness/awareness that is simply aware of itself as existing
We have mistakenly identified ourselves as being the physical mind/.body
We have mistakenly identified ourselves with form
It was an erroneous belief all along
The real you, the silent aware mind is not confined to a brain or anything else
Its infinitely everything beyond physicality
It is the formless allness of existence
Its no thing, yet infinitely everything
But thinking about that wont help you realize /experience that
You have to stop thoughts altogether to realize that.

Hi din :)
Its all consciousness ... we cant escape it ... it being all that is we/us/you/me/them/and all that Zen the underlined bit says it all
Old 20-12-2010, 01:12 AM
Master
din: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9BBy3aidRE&feature=player_embedded

It's good. Thanks.

Xan

Old 20-12-2010, 01:13 AM
TzuJanLi

Quote:
Originally Posted by din
he's actually lost in his mind, believing and fully identifying with his thoughts, believing he is a someone who can do these things, and of course he can live that way, all possibilities are allowed...
What a silly and presumptous remark, Din.. you have assumed, incorrectly, that my statement represents the totality of my understanding, it is only a portion.. i do identify with 'my thoughts', they're mine, no one else is privy to them, and if i didn't exist those thoughts wouldn't either.. You identify with your thoughts, too, Din.. if you didn't you couldn't judge me so incorrectly.. although the statement i made about, Life not being a spectator sport, is truly a valid statement, the process of engaging Life with unconditional sincerity includes many aspects you might attribute to the more spiritual pursuits.. there's much more here than your rush to judgment reveals..

Quote:
Originally Posted by din
but if he were really interested in the truth he would see that such thoughts come and go but there's something that is always there, something in which all these thoughts appear, something we call awareness, beingness ...
Who are you to suggest anything about truth, you have catapulted yourself from self-proclaimed cluelessness to a purveyor truth based on your uninformed judgment of 'me'? great, just what we need another guru telling us that 'awareness' is 'it'.. awareness is cool, no doubt, but.. it's just another tool, useless without 'that' which understands the value of the 'tool'..

Quote:
Originally Posted by din
but please don't believe a word i say either, that would be just as bad as believing your own thoughts
Really? How clever, sarcasm AND emoticons..

Life has purpose, and it is not about pretending that 'Life is awareness' and 'beingness is so cool'.. those are conceptual distractions from reality, guru stuff used to swindle self-inflating attention from the masses of uneducated guru wannabes.. sorry, but it is what it is..

Life is a brilliant process of tangible and tactile experiences of existence, Consciousness experiencing its own existence, and.. the occasional disturbed manifestation that prefers to distance itself from its own tangible existence.. The Universe has evolved to the point where Consciousness can manifest itself as freewilled independently functioning versions of itself, authentically experiencing its own Truth.. why indulge such imaginary distractions from Life as to devalue its purpose, which is the actual tangible experience of Truth, not the mind's imagination of it..

Be well..
Old 20-12-2010, 01:15 AM
Master
She thinks... "There they go again.... round and round and round."

Oh well.....

~

Old 20-12-2010, 01:20 AM
Master
Unchanging Awareness

Learn to watch both your experience and your reactions to your experience. This process of observant attention and witnessing will enable you to see that your fundamental and essential sense of identity exists as an unchanging point of Awareness within the heart of all changing conditions and circumstance.

This Awareness is grounded in the present moment and never exists outside of Now. It is always accessible and never exists somewhere other than Here. It is the immediate and undeniable Center of who you imagine yourself to be.

Reside in this Center, and realize that the essence of this Awareness is not separate from That which manifests before, around and within you.

- Metta Zetty
Old 20-12-2010, 01:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
She thinks... "There they go again.... round and round and round."

Oh well.....

~

"Matt (devolution) created this forum in February 2006. His dream was to create a large online spiritual community, a place where people could meet and discuss all things spiritual, a sanctuary for people of similar interests to learn and grow together in a harmonious setting, free of charge. He achieved that dream, and we--his loved ones, friends and helpers--aim to keep that dream alive in his memory." -SF

to the admin, due to the growing numbers of members in recent years here with same interests in nondual perspective, perhaps it is time to create a sub -forum for non dualism where people with same interests have an in depth discussion without being constantly pestered by other members who disliked such perspective.