Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 06-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
hi silver. my ulcers are caused by nerves, i usually can get away with over the counter acid reducer if i take two or eat a starlight mint and stay away from carbonated pop. BUT a couple of years ago it got really bad and i was vomiting blood first thing in the morning (before work) and had to go to the doctor to get something to heal it. i don't know anything about the health food side of things but if it gets too bad i would just go to the doctor.

Hello, m'dear prowler!
Yes, as I mentioned, I'm not really into the otc or rx's my docs provide, because I've heard they can cause complications and are not addressing (necessarily) the root cause. I appreciate your suggestion. I believe mine is caused by a combination, like the nerves, too. (vomiting blood? Ewwww!) I wish I felt docs were a little more trustworthy these days.

And, I don't drink sodas hardly ever anymore. If I'm out and about and I need something like that, I'll get one of those flavored iced teas (like the raspberry etc.), although they all probly have the high fructose in it.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Knower
Hi Silvergirl
Sorry to hear of your stomach pains, you have my full sympathy dear. Many years ago I remember having pains in my stomach and being rushed into hospital and operated on...it was very bad constipation caused by eating meat. I too highly recommend Slippery Elm but in powder form that's how I take it, one heaped teaspoonful in either hot milk or water. It's excellent for all digestive problems and wonderful for ulcers. Sending you love and Angelic Reiki Healing .

Love light and blessings to all
Spiritmessenger

Old 06-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Master
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritmessenger
Hi Silvergirl
Sorry to hear of your stomach pains, you have my full sympathy dear. Many years ago I remember having pains in my stomach and being rushed into hospital and operated on...it was very bad constipation caused by eating meat. I too highly recommend Slippery Elm but in powder form that's how I take it, one heaped teaspoonful in either hot milk or water. It's excellent for all digestive problems and wonderful for ulcers. Sending you love and Angelic Reiki Healing .

Love light and blessings to all
Spiritmessenger

Hmm, this slipery elm seems pretty darned popular. I will look for it in powder form, too, then. Thanks, Spiritmessenger~

Old 07-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Lamby

I am like that with doctor's too. I appreciate knowing their diagnosis, but I rarely ever will take the meds they want to throw at me unless there is simply no other safer way out. Some of the cures have side-effects that were worse than the illness, in my opinion.

But anytime anyone is throwing up blood - heck yes, please move quickly to a hospital. My elderly mom did that, but it was very dark, and it was her gall bladder that needed to come out. So doctors do have their place. I just try not to need them if I can help it.

Let us know how you do, Silvergirl. I'm so sorry to hear about your son. Stress can do physical damage, I believe. I think all those stress hormones take a toll.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Lamby

How are you feeling today, Silvergirl?
Old 07-11-2010, 09:08 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Hmm, this slipery elm seems pretty darned popular. I will look for it in powder form, too, then. Thanks, Spiritmessenger~

That's because it WORKS, and also because it's an innocuous substance that has no adverse side effects to cause possible harm. Do try it and see if it doesn't help you.. I'm betting it will!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Master
Silvergirl, you might like to have a look at Umeboshi Plum. Used a lot for stomach problems in Chinese/Japanese medicine.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Hi everyone,
I got ready too late the day before and I went to the store (Naturway for the slippery elm), but they were already closed so I went by the grocers and picked up the buttermilk. That seems to work quite well for me, but the taste, ooh.

I plan on going out today and getting the slippery elm, though.

And Norseman, thanks for another option. I believe I can maybe get it at the same place my friend and I got our accupuncture treatments, they had the whole lot of unusual treatment substances, bark, twigs, and even bugs, and all sorts of what-not.

My stomach probably has more than one problem, as prevously stated. I believe I didn't mention it, but I suspect strongly that I also have a hiatal hernia. When I eat, I hardly have to eat much before trouble starts. It all depends. The less solid food, the better, so I plan on going to Souplantation today for a later meal.

It was raining a bit early this morning, but now the sun is out and looking forward to getting out in it.

Thanks again, my friends~

Old 08-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamby
PS: I left out the importance of beneficial cultures like you find in yogurts. The basic cultures are all I use. I make home-made yogurt fermented for 24 hours to build up larger numbers of the "good guy" cultures and to naturally remove all the lactose. The L. Acidophilus culture is highly recommended and even my doctor highly recommends it. You can find directions here. http://www.scdiet.org/2recipes/scdyogurt.html

I had the same thought silvergirl. Just make sure you get good yogurt if you're going to do this. Most of the store bought stuff is bad for you because of bad ingredients and might not even have the live cultures in them you want in the first place.

I also suggest organic miso soup. Organic is important because so much soy these days is genetically modified. Organic is more nutritious anyway. Miso is made of fermented soy like soy sauce or tempe which is very healthy and much easier for your body to digest than non-fermented soy like tofu, edamame, or soy treats.

Other kinds of soups are also good. Just look out for mono sodium glutamate and similar ingredients that are usually added to soups. The smartest thing to do is simply buy organic soups. Again they are more nutritious anyway and you can be sure they don't contain anything bad.

A lot of stomach problems are caused by medications. Stop taking anything that might be causing that. Medicinal marijuana is legal in some states and I've heard helps with stomach problems but I can't say for sure if it would benefit you or not. That is a good question for your doctor.

But most importantly you should eat foods that agree with your stomach. And in the mean time try and find ways to relax and enjoy yourself. My prayers are with you.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Master
I just read in the LA Times this past Thursday has a food section and they told all about miso and even how to make it, although I don't think I will make my own.

...And thanks, inspirit.