Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 06-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Master
Thanks Lamby and everybody else~you've given me a lot of information to go on. I think I have a couple cans of coconut milk in my cupboard. So, I should open the can and pour it in a glass, stir it and then chill it or just chill the can? How thick does it get when you chill it in the fridge? I'll find out, just thought I'd ask.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:08 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I've been having stomach pains off and on for a long time, and they're bad again. I had a friend tell me to drink buttermilk and it did seem to help so I'm going to go get some today, but does anybody have a less yucky tasting remedy for stomach pain, possibly caused by some sort of ulcer or irritation?
Thanks~

I strongly recommend Slippery Elm Bark capsules for all manner of digestive upset! It is a naturally occurring protein which has a mucousal component that coats the lining of the stomach and intestines. I use it for IBS flare ups... it's safe to take as many as six capsules through the day, or all at once at night before retiring at such times... and it calms things down quite quickly. I also take it as a preventative... two capsules at night before retiring... to keep a lid on things. The only thing you need to be aware of with this remedy is that it can prevent absorbtion of nutrients. It is therefore advised that you not eat for an hour before or two hours after taking it...which is why most people take it right before bed It's totally natural, totally safe, and quite inexpensive. See if it doesn't help you!
Old 06-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Neville

Could I suggest Slippery Elm please. It can be brought in a Malted Variety which tastes a bit like Horlicks or in tablet form. Slippery Elm worked on my...Oh here goes ....... are you ready.......

Gastroesophageal reflux disease

That took some copying and pasting I can tell you
Old 06-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Lamby

Silvergirl, the coconut milk can get really thick sometimes in the fridge. (You know to store it in glass instead of the can it came in, I assume, once opened.) Each can I buy has a different amount of "cream" at the top. The one I just opened is sludgy thick - and I'm not that keen on that ... lol. Others have been only slightly thick. Be aware that chilled coconut cream seems hard until it warms up. It will warm up in your mouth. I've read a lot of people like to serve it on rice - hot. That might be more palatable if you don't like it straight. (EDIT: I started with only a tablespoon a day and worked up from there. Wasn't sure how my body would like it at first.)

Sometimes I get new ideas from the site World's Healthiest Foods. Here's the link for future reference.

http://whfoods.org/foodstoc.php

I hope something works for you. I know we're all so different!
Old 06-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Master
to get to root cause look up metapyshical causes there is a good thread on this on mysticboards under health
Old 06-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Master
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
to get to root cause look up metapyshical causes there is a good thread on this on mysticboards under health

'Good morning' everybody~since I didn't sleep a wink last night, I just woke up (it's about 2:30 pm here)~I had thought it was a combination thing that I couldn't sleep. I can't sleep because of the pain in my stomach lately, and THEN I start thinking about my son who passed on Valentine's Day earlier this year, and it becomes a spiral of trouble.

Rosewater, can you provide the link to 'mysticboards' for me? Or should I just google that?

Old 06-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Master
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamby
Silvergirl, the coconut milk can get really thick sometimes in the fridge. (You know to store it in glass instead of the can it came in, I assume, once opened.) Each can I buy has a different amount of "cream" at the top. The one I just opened is sludgy thick - and I'm not that keen on that ... lol. Others have been only slightly thick. Be aware that chilled coconut cream seems hard until it warms up. It will warm up in your mouth. I've read a lot of people like to serve it on rice - hot. That might be more palatable if you don't like it straight. (EDIT: I started with only a tablespoon a day and worked up from there. Wasn't sure how my body would like it at first.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamby

Sometimes I get new ideas from the site World's Healthiest Foods. Here's the link for future reference.

http://whfoods.org/foodstoc.php

I hope something works for you. I know we're all so different!

I really appreciate what a wealth of information youre providing~that's wonderful, Lamby~

I may have 2 cans of it in my fridge already I just have to go check. I'll definitely give that a try, because even tho the buttermilk works, it doesn't go down very easy and hey, if anybody wants to try the buttermilk, it does work on your tummy trouble. What I did to get it down easier last time was put it in a shot glass and took one to three o them at a time.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Master
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
I strongly recommend Slippery Elm Bark capsules for all manner of digestive upset! It is a naturally occurring protein which has a mucousal component that coats the lining of the stomach and intestines. I use it for IBS flare ups... it's safe to take as many as six capsules through the day, or all at once at night before retiring at such times... and it calms things down quite quickly. I also take it as a preventative... two capsules at night before retiring... to keep a lid on things. The only thing you need to be aware of with this remedy is that it can prevent absorbtion of nutrients. It is therefore advised that you not eat for an hour before or two hours after taking it...which is why most people take it right before bed It's totally natural, totally safe, and quite inexpensive. See if it doesn't help you!

Thanks LFH~That sounds like a quick and easy remedy, it's probably a great idea to have at least two or three remedies.

I have a store with that type of thing, although more regular stores are carrying stuff like this. I go to one here called Naturway and they carry all the 'extra' herbal things, plus your regular vitamins and homeopathic type things. I will definitely buy some of that. AND thanks for all the extra TIPs on taking it, that's very helpful info, Lightfilledheart.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Master
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Could I suggest Slippery Elm please. It can be brought in a Malted Variety which tastes a bit like Horlicks or in tablet form. Slippery Elm worked on my...Oh here goes ....... are you ready.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville

Gastroesophageal reflux disease

That took some copying and pasting I can tell you

Hi Neville~ ~ ~ Looks like Lightfilled heart beat you to the punch on the slippery elm, so if two of you are saying it works, then the odds are much better that they'll help me, too. I thank you!

{BTW, you could've said GERD and saved you a few syllables, LOL.}

My docs are always tending to 'diagnose' me with GERD and are always at the ready with their Rx pads to make out one for Prevacid or some other thing that isn't really good for you. I never have them filled because I know the bad about them.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:10 PM
earthprowler

hi silver. my ulcers are caused by nerves, i usually can get away with over the counter acid reducer if i take two or eat a starlight mint and stay away from carbonated pop. BUT a couple of years ago it got really bad and i was vomiting blood first thing in the morning (before work) and had to go to the doctor to get something to heal it. i don't know anything about the health food side of things but if it gets too bad i would just go to the doctor.