Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 03-02-2013, 09:56 PM
4everLove

acne?

Hi Everyone! I was wondering wht all thoughts were on acne. I have suffered acne since I was about 12/13. I am now 22. I have recently noticed that I am scarring pretty bad (ice pick scars). It also the big acne and not te small spots. Its hard to get rid of. I am really good about my diet and am a vegetarian (mostly vegan). Its been hard on me because I am feeling very slf conscious. I was on acutane (terrible I know) for a couple months in the past and it cleared my skin. I felt so good about it! it all came back.

So I guess what I am asking is does anyone have advice on diet or do you think it is more of a spiritual bloackage? I am so lost. I am having reiki done next saturday for the first time and maybe that will also help.

Sorry! Just waning advice! Have a great day :)

4everlove
Old 04-02-2013, 12:48 AM
StephenK

Here's a great page on the subject! I've also read in several places that a number of folks who change to vegan-ism develop acne... since this seems to predate your changing to a vegan diet then this may not be exactly you're situation... however, there still may be something you're reacting to that has steadily been part of your diet all along...?

So look through this page and see if anything clicks... :^)

Natural remedies for acne
http://www.naturalnews.com/027237_acne_dairy.html

Here's another interesting read on the subject... it's a personal experience post by a vegan, so it's vegan friendly :^) and be sure to read the comments below the original post... you're clearly not alone!
http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/2009/02/acne.html
Old 04-02-2013, 12:57 AM
sesheta

I've found that certain things will trigger break-outs for me....
Too much chocolate is one of them...
Another big one is putting my hands/fingers on my face!! My chin is the worst for me.....If I sit too much with my chin resting on my hand, within a couple of days I'll find pimples breaking out on my chin.... All the dirt/oil, etc. that is on our hands/fingers transfers to our face
One thing I have discovered that clears them up/dries them out really quickly: toothpaste!
Before you go to bed at night, rub toothpaste on the pimples (it doesn't take much...) and within a couple of days, it usually clears up....
Old 04-02-2013, 01:29 AM
Gracey

black salve will draw that stuff out and clear you up in no time.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:33 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everLove
I was on acutane for a couple months in the past and it cleared my skin. I felt so good about it! it all came back.

Standard disclaimer, of course, that if there was somebody to prescribe you accutane then they'd be the person more experienced with why that stopped working.

Drinking water made my skin softer, but I wouldn't say that it cleared it up. (Also over 20, still with pimples). Still, a lot of people swear by proper hydration.

Personally, it also helped a lot to find the right kind of facial soap, the effective frequency of washing, and to stick to that. Washing too often can dry and irritate the skin, instead of making super sure that it's not infected.
I tried this one brand of facial that cleared up my pimples, but it left an overly moisturized feeling all over my skin... so, I stopped using it. The pimples came back, but my face felt not gunky and I think that was worth it. However, I'd found that moisturizing the affected points on the skin, actually worked better for my kind of pimples, much better than drying it out with salicylic acid.

And, of course, if your bedsheets aren't laundered often, or have allergens, or there's dust or animal hair everywhere, then that can irritate the skin as well.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:27 AM
StephenK

Here's an interesting page on Accutane

http://www.drugwatch.com/accutane/

The drug works for severe (cystic) acne, providing long-lasting and sometimes complete reduction of acne for 80 percent of patients. However, clear skin may be accompanied by serious side effects like Crohn’s disease, birth defects and suicide.

Following numerous reports of adverse events – and after doctors noted potential dangers with the drug and the FDA issued a black-box warning, Roche recalled Accutane in 2009. Generic brands of the medication — Amnesteen, Claravis and Sotret — are still available.

much more at: http://www.drugwatch.com/accutane/
-----

Considering the potential side effects I'm not sure I'd want to be doing the generic version either!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Master
Coconut oil ...

Nothing that carries a source of (bad) bacteria can survive the presence of such an oil ..

x daz x
Old 08-02-2013, 05:03 PM
StephenK

This is also another interesting option... :^)

DRUG-FREE ACNE CURE - Peroxide and Mud!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYWvmAEBXNQ

From her video description:

Photo diary of my journey to hell, and back again thanks to the demon, acne. This tracks the most exhausting year of my life - the gruelling regime of hydrogen peroxide and real volcanic mud which cured my acne. The moral of this story is don't delay, act quickly and stick with it.
This is not a quick fix - 'The Regime' was a 2-3 hour session EVERY NIGHT for months. One night when I was too exhausted to work on my skin, in the morning the acne had fought back aggressively.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:32 AM
4everLove

very interesting and helpful responses! i'll have to look into all that! and yes I know acutane is very bad, but at the time i took it i was in high school and desperate. never would i do that again. it only maks the problem lol and all those terrible side effects
Old 11-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Master
4ever--

My daughter suffered like you. Accutane, besides being a horrifically harsh drug, simply restricts all your oil glands. Yes, it clears up your acne, but that cannot be healthy for anyone and yes, it comes back when you stop taking it and your oil glands begin to function again.

My daughter had too much testosterone and ended up using a medicine designed for something else (?that has a name--off brand usage?). This medicine restricts testosterone production and has stopped her acne. She does not have as much muscle mass now (26) so has to watch weight more.

I am the last person to lean on meds for health but it broke my heart watching her suffer. People assumed she was dirty, didn't eat right--and those things broke her heart. She was meticulous, ate well, exercised, drank water. IMO chocolate and oily foods have nothing to do with it. She tried dermabrasion, laser stuff.

Anyway, the name of the med is Spironolactone. It is used normally as a diuretic and antihypertensive. It has antiandrogenic properties. It's side effects are interference with antidepressants, if you are on them.

You might read up and then talk with your doctor about it. This is, I believe, the generic form.

Good luck to you.

Lora