Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 18-12-2012, 03:00 PM
technobuddha

Dark night of the soul

This is a help request to those having expanded awareness. Namaste!

"Dark night of the soul" - do we dive in with the awareness and experience it? or can we just be the observer of this process, and watch it finally leave? I've now been able to figure out what's going to happen with this experience *shutter*. Not looking forward to it. but its a needed thing. The energies that are coming will do a LOT of cleansing for people. And I suspect I'm not the only one that has **** that's been hidden. Now for me, I have expanded awareness. so, yes I can see MY future a bit... I understand this is a process that needs to be done. BUT, I'm looking for some "tools" that can assist with the process. I see myself diving in and out of "the darkness" and saying stuff like "I except all parts of myself, I forgive myself, I release all this negativity, as its not needed anymore", stuff like that. BUT, I'd like to know if there are any other "bigger brooms" to help sweep it out better?
Old 18-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Be the observer.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-12-2012, 04:04 PM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Be the observer.

This is what I'm trying to do. What else can we do, really? When we shine a light on all of that **** under the surface, it can no longer stay hidden, we bring it out. And when we feel guilty and regretful for the things we done, what else can we do other than shine a light on that guilt and regret? All of those negative thoughts, voices, patterns, we just got to observe.

I'm going through a very passive time in my life, and I just feel like it has to play out. When something is meant to come my way, it comes my way, when it is not, I have a very hard job manifesting it, and if I do manage it, it wasn't the right thing anyway. My life isn't filled with much joy or excitement at the moment, if any, and it hasn't been for a while, but I'm growing very quickly. I feel like I may be going through the dark night, but all I feel I can do is sit back and watch, and be in awe of the process. It's the only way I can limit the suffering, to not resist but to just watch it play out.
Old 18-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Hi peacegarden,
I don't like hearing you haven't been filled with
Joy for awhile. I like you.
I use the Abraham-Hicks advice about the Emotional Scale and how to
Move up it.
If I feel even a tinge of not feeling at my best...I do something or think of something,
In some way focus on what does make me happy again...even if it's remembering
A simple old thing like, "Oh, I forgot I have that book or DVD to watch, oh boy..."
It breaks that cycle of the unwanted feeling...like taking the first step on the ladder lowered
To you in the "Pit".

Any dumb "bad" feeling I have I have control over now...I just refuse to let stupid "downer"
Feelings EVER win again.
I don't know if this encourages you...but hugs anyway...I just don't buy into any downer feelings.
I know I'm surrounded by an ocean of love...THAT is the Reality.
Nothing other than that is really real...to me.

I don't buy into what therapists used to say...feel your feelings..not for me anymore.
No light shinin' on lack of connection on my "Source".

I think that is why Paul said in Col 3;2, Focus on the things above and not the things on the earth...
If you can relate to that at all.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-12-2012, 04:45 PM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi peacegarden,
I don't like hearing you haven't been filled with
Joy for awhile. I like you.
I use the Abraham-Hicks advice about the Emotional Scale and how to
Move up it.
If I feel even a tinge of not feeling at my best...I do something or think of something,
In some way focus on what does make me happy again...even if it's remembering
A simple old thing like, "Oh, I forgot I have that book or DVD to watch, oh boy..."
It breaks that cycle of the unwanted feeling...like taking the first step on the ladder lowered
To you in the "Pit".

Any dumb "bad" feeling I have I have control over now...I just refuse to let stupid "downer"
Feelings EVER win again.
I don't know if this encourages you...but hugs anyway...I just don't buy into any downer feelings.
I know I'm surrounded by an ocean of love...THAT is the Reality.
Nothing other than that is really real...to me.

I don't buy into what therapists used to say...feel your feelings..not for me anymore.
No light shinin' on lack of connection on my "Source".

I think that is why Paul said in Col 3;2, Focus on the things above and the things on the earth...
If you can relate to that at all.

Thank you Miss Hepburn, I like you too

I started watching some abraham hicks the other day on youtube, someone on here recommended, may have been you? Maybe I'll look at some more. I have been finding one thing that does help is to focus on the things you do have and not the things you don't have, and try to appreciate the little things - not take them for granted.

I think the lack of joy is because, and others in the dark night may relate, I cannot find joy in the things I used to enjoy as there is little meaning in them anymore, from films, to company, to possessions, anything really. And also, I don't KNOW that I'm surrounded by an ocean of love, because I can't feel it, I don't feel like I've made any real connection in that sense. I don't know how to feel that love. I think if I could, it would be all I need, just like Lennon said. I feel moments of it, when I see animals etc, but it never lasts that long. I don't know how to be that love, that everyone says is within.
Old 18-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Well, listen to A-Hicks some more or get one of their books, too...and boy,
Oh boy...you are going to be very very much happier.
You are right the old things don't mean as much...don't make us happy.
What that means to me is You're A Cut Above....

I have a friend that is unhappy her eye sight is getting worse and needs glasses...
When I gave her a different spin that its bec she has little interest in looking at this world
Anymore...it made her day.

There's always a re-frame to lighten yourself up.
We often don't feel the love bec we're filled (our cup is filled) with other things...there's
No room for love to enter.
Ya know, if you're filled with guilt or regret or sadness...where's the room?
Just a thought...I just tell you what I sometimes need to hear, don't know if it helps others?

Old 18-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegarden
This is what I'm trying to do. What else can we do, really? When we shine a light on all of that **** under the surface, it can no longer stay hidden, we bring it out. And when we feel guilty and regretful for the things we done, what else can we do other than shine a light on that guilt and regret? All of those negative thoughts, voices, patterns, we just got to observe.

I recommend the opposite tack-"The Bright Day of the Soul"-if you just walk out into the sunshine and focus your consciousness on the sights and sensations around you, the negative thoughts etc. will eventually evaporate out of sheer boredom as you starve them of energy and attention.

Worked for me.
Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 20-12-2012, 03:30 PM
technobuddha

Thank you all for the advice!

Now some time.. umm errr.. moments have accumulated since I last wrote the post...:)

I/ego is struggling to understand the darkness that is slowly but surely coming. so I want to give a bit more info, in a story of what's happened. either a real live demon is trying to hurt me spiritually, or I/ego have manifested this demon for me to deal with from my sub-consciousness.

I'd like to know which one it is, as I don't honestly know. (I meditate every day now).

#1 I was down in kensington market in toronto, and had a lovely conversation with a young indian chap, who said he follows islam.
After discussions with scientific understanding of our reality and the illusion, he GROKED IT! What happened next was very confusing! His face contorted, and said he needed a few minutes to understand, and walked out into the back to get a smoke. As he closed the door, massive amounts of fear came right at me and ENGULFED ME! I panicked, and picked up my bags and ran for my life to avoid whatever was there. Or what would happen when the guy came back through the door! I believe I woke him up to his true self, a demon? or a demented spirit in him???

#2 since then, I have been having more negative thoughts, and have been doing the "I love you, i forgive you, i let you go as you no longer serve me". But they keep coming more so.

#3 I stay at 2 places. one is on the farm, the other is in the city. When I go to the farm, and relax and meditate, I start to feel the negative energies? slowly but surely "come down" on top of me! and I start to feel panic. The same energies as the "negative blast" from the guy. So I panic, and pack my bags and go to my other home. As I leave the farm, slowly but surely those energies go away. At the 2nd home, I have no problems and don't have that negative energy around me when I meditate.

#4 in that conversation in kensington market, I told the guy where I was staying on the farm.

so, right now, i'm going around looking for ways to 'protect' myself. and clear any of these negative energies....

and also, if possible find out of this guy really is an old demented soul looking for me in the ether/spirit realm?
Old 20-12-2012, 05:22 PM
helygen

IM LEARNING SOME VERY HARD LESSONS AT THE MOMENT AND BOY DO THEY HURT. BUT....I BELIEVE ITS ALL PART OF THE JOURNEY AND AM TRYING TO DEAL WITH IT ALL IN A POSITIVE WAY.I HOPE I WILL BE A BETTER PERSON AT THE END OF IT.
Old 20-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by technobuddha
This is a help request to those having expanded awareness. Namaste!

"Dark night of the soul" - do we dive in with the awareness and experience it? or can we just be the observer of this process, and watch it finally leave? I've now been able to figure out what's going to happen with this experience *shutter*. Not looking forward to it. but its a needed thing. The energies that are coming will do a LOT of cleansing for people. And I suspect I'm not the only one that has **** that's been hidden. Now for me, I have expanded awareness. so, yes I can see MY future a bit... I understand this is a process that needs to be done. BUT, I'm looking for some "tools" that can assist with the process. I see myself diving in and out of "the darkness" and saying stuff like "I except all parts of myself, I forgive myself, I release all this negativity, as its not needed anymore", stuff like that. BUT, I'd like to know if there are any other "bigger brooms" to help sweep it out better?

technobuddha - Welcome to the forum. The way I see it the things that you wish or try to sweep away or out of you or your past are all the experiences, good or bad and in between that make up you. It’s what makes you quite unique in fact. Not only that, if we could come into our carnation and have complete control and write the script for a perfect life, would we want to? What’s to learn from a life without struggles, mistakes, shame and guilt? Those things are what makes us realize and appreciate the brighter experiences that much more. I once thought to myself, how can I ever be who I want to be when I’ve already not been that person for so long? That’s when I hit the “dark night” and doubts set in. It’s when you “accept your human shortcomings” as ordinary, you then become an extraordinary person. I don’t think there are any bigger brooms out there to help other than just be who you are and accept that you’re not going to be perfect, even as a spiritual person. Spirituality is a state of being that is part of the human make-up and so is falling down and getting back up again. Just wipe yourself off and keep pushing on the best you know. You said, “I except all parts of myself, I forgive myself, I release all this negativity, as its not needed anymore.” Sounds to me like you already have all the tools you need.

Blackraven