Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 03-01-2012, 03:19 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
There's always so much joking about the wheat grass and wheat grass 'folks' ~ so how can you describe the taste? I'm very curious.

Here's a really good couple of links from a site on the subject of wheat grass!

http://www.dynamicgreens.com/wheatgrass-benefits-of-wheatgrass.html
http://www.dynamicgreens.com/wheatgrass-faq.html

Now interestingly while reading it he's saying the bad taste that's normally associated with wheat grass is a result of it's being grown indoors. They sell
wheat grass juice and he say's theirs is a light tasting sweeter tastes...interesting... I'll be growing mine indoors, but while looking over
the way these people grow theirs I may focus a bit more on making sure it's getting more light. I can't really grow it outdoors... and WingsOfIsis has
great advice as to the addition of Stevia! :^)

The rush I mentioned was like a full body high... hit me really heavy the first time I drank some! It must have been my body celebrating at the time
that I was finally giving it something serious that it could use!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Stephen, I'm being lazy...do you happen to know if cranberry juice and vinegar are alkalizing once in the body?
They have always confused me.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Master
Hi Guys .

It may of been mentioned already but I have been drawn Sodium Bicarbonate of late .

The more i read about it the more i am impressed .

Sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3), the body's own cleansing substance!

The most important constituents (buffers) of blood that keep the pH value within the limits of 6.8 and 7.8 are formed by sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) and carbonic acid (H2CO3). When the proportion of carbonic acid increases through, for example, physical exercise the blood will become acidic. If that happens, we automatically start to breathe more deeply to get rid of more carbon dioxide (CO2) through the lungs and to become less acidic. When acidification continues the alkaline buffer, formed by sodium bicarbonate, ensures that the acid in the blood is neutralized.

In other words, sodium bicarbonate looks after the regulation of body pH .

There is so much more info online, well worth a read .

x daz x
Old 03-01-2012, 03:48 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Some advocate managing body alkalinity w/ a very restrictive diet that cuts out whole categories of foods, but this very difficult to do & likely is problematic as some acidic foods have valuable nutrients. It is worthwhile to be aware as to which foods are alkaline to include them in the diet more.

I'm with you on this! Just because it's acid does not, in itself, make it bad. We really don't want to become overly alkaline either. That's why I'm
enamored by the one chart that I found that lists the acid/alkaline content by numbers to better help one dial-in a good balence:

http://www.balance-ph-diet.com/acid_alkaline_food_chart.html

I see it's as though one's learning to play music... high notes mixed with low notes, focus on the blend, if one moves to a crescendo then balance it with
a pastoral interlude... :^) ...with the numbers at hand this balancing is more easily within reach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Periodic probiotic use also helps problems from happening as the unfriendly organism overgrowth usually begins w/ an overgrowth in the intestines.

Agreed! My wife and I are daily users of Dr Mercola's brand of probiotics! His is thick with a high count of a number of differing strains. The other
one that we step in an out of is PB-8, which seems to be sold just about everywhere. It has one of the highest counts among the commercial
brands among the ones we've checked into so far!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:10 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi Guys .

It may of been mentioned already but I have been drawn Sodium Bicarbonate of late .
Thanks Daz! I googled to learn more and came up with this interesting read!

http://www.rawfoodlife.com/how_raw_food_alkalizes_you.html

It addresses Sodium Bicarbonate in the early part of the article but the rest is really quite fascinating! Thanks again for chiming-in... you've just added
a new focus to my list of compelling homework assignments! :^)
Old 03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Stephen, I'm being lazy...do you happen to know if cranberry juice and vinegar are alkalizing once in the body?
They have always confused me.

I had to go give that one a look... and it seems that while cranberry is acidic
it's not deep in the dark, but holy-molly look at vinegar! Now that's acidic! :^)

Cranberry -7.0

**Vinegar -39.4
Old 03-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally posted by God-Like
Hi Guys .

The more i read about it the more i am impressed .

Sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3), the body's own cleansing substance!

The most important constituents (buffers) of blood that keep the pH value within the limits of 6.8 and 7.8 are formed by sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) and carbonic acid (H2CO3). When the proportion of carbonic acid increases through, for example, physical exercise the blood will become acidic. If that happens, we automatically start to breathe more deeply to get rid of more carbon dioxide (CO2) through the lungs and to become less acidic. When acidification continues the alkaline buffer, formed by sodium bicarbonate, ensures that the acid in the blood is neutralized.

In other words, sodium bicarbonate looks after the regulation of body pH .

There is so much more info online, well worth a read .

x daz x

Bicarbonate is an old remedy my mother used to use.
Peppermint to is good.

Just before Christmas I started on a 99% raw diet....it's wonderful, everything tastes so delicious...you get the real taste of fruit and veg in smoothies. I feel so much better for it...plus I'm a lazy so and so and it only takes a very short time to prepare...heaven.
Tomorrow I'm buying a new food processor, one that can cope with a lot of use, and a raw food recipe book....can't wait to try out some of the cakes and savory recipes.
My body seemed naturally to want to give up all cooked and junk food because nothing seemed to taste nice....veg had no taste when cooked, unless it had loads of gravy on them, meat stuck in my stomach and caused severe constipation. milk, cheese, butter....cause excessive amounts of mucus in my nose, that I couldn't breath properly and worse at night.

Then I started getting so much acid in my stomach it was unbearable. probable because of all the chemicals in the food. I gave up smoking, alcohol, tea, coffee, and any medications I used to take for Fibromyalgia....now I don't need any of it and feel a hundred percent better.
Now I'm totally vegan and loving it.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Knower
Hi StephenK
Nice thread
Very helpful too.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:43 PM
WingsOfIsis

As to the ph balance of Vinegar -

On the site for Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar they list the ph as being 3.075 which makes it alkaline.

StephenK I believe the number that you found for vinegar would be the stripped down version of vinegar.

It is important to get the Raw Organic and Unfiltered kind.

Here is the link - http://www.bragg.com/products/acv.html

I add 1 to 2 Tabelspoons daily to my vegetable smoothies. Smells to high heaven, but with a bit of Stevia it is doable.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:33 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfIsis
As to the ph balance of Vinegar -
On the site for Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar they list the ph as being 3.075 which makes it alkaline.
StephenK I believe the number that you found for vinegar would be the stripped down version of vinegar.
It is important to get the Raw Organic and Unfiltered kind.
Here is the link - http://www.bragg.com/products/acv.html

Perfect! My wife called from work while I was starting to respond to this, (synchronicity :^) and she gave Braggs two thumbs up as well for the same reason.

It's also been found useful for mitigating the symptoms of gout. My son ran through something of a wild phase (from around the age of 16 to 26... some
phase :^) he's now 28.. and is eager to clean-up (wheew!) but in that time he managed to step into a bout of gout.... Gout is actually on a resurgent
right now in the US. Mix a really bad diet with a free flowing drinking habit and up from the swamp emerges gout. If you run into anyone that tells you
they've got it pass along this little tidbit about the helpfulness of Braggs!