Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 01-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Alkalizing FRUITS
Lemon
Lime
Avocado
Tomato
Grapefruit
Rhubarb

Here's Dr. Young's list on which fruits are alkaline - he said anything not in the list was acidic - wow, that's surprise!
I mean, an apple or banana is acidic, gee.
I thought grapefruit was also on acid list - it has been years since I read the book and remembered the molds
on grapefruit and oranges used for juices and how it took the blood 4 hrs to stablize after drinking the commercial stuff in the cartons.
So they have always been no-no's for me. Sorry, for any confusion.
I am easily confused.

Couldn't get 'bold' off, sorry.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:58 AM
Master
Oh hey! That's good to hear cuz I really enjoy pink grapefruit. I'm disappointed that strawberries aren't on the list ~ they go good w/rhubarb, I'm sure you know.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:48 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ah, the "The Ph Miracle"
by Dr. Robert Young -
I wish everyone would read it.

For fun - buy ph strips ---when you feel bad run it under your urine stream in the morning - it will always be acid ----
when you even begin to feel better -it will be magically alkaline!

The Ph Miracle is number one on my next-buy list! It's going in on my online order today along with a bean sprouting kit, and a wheat grass
growing system. Found a great cheep hand crank juicer at Amazon that's getting really high reviews... that's going into the mix as well. :^)

Hand Cranked Juicer:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002LY8PA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&m=A1B7M9EQGNCLQA

Wheat grass growing kit:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000CGG3I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A1GV61T0AKND7P

Sprouting Kit:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N8ESHU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&m=A1GV61T0AKND7P

I've been nosing around for awhile looking for a system that's cheep, productive and yet easy to use... this small collection fits the bill.

We did go costly on our blender, tossing cash at a Blendtec... my goodness does that ever do the job... money well spent! :^)

We also bought the PH strips yesterday at the coop in Olympia (Wa) and tried them out last night! I was a tad under 7.0 while Wendy barely moved the
strip, registering in the acid range. This was all wonderful to find out... now we know what we're shooting for!

I ~really~really~ like this particular chart because it breaks everything down into numbers:

http://www.balance-ph-diet.com/acid_alkaline_food_chart.html

It not only tells you which foods are acid and which are alkaline, but it brakes it down by how much. This would seem to be equally as important!

Some things are acidity but only barely... while some tip almost completely off the charts. This helps a great deal in determining what, and how
much, to be adding to the meal.... And some things are pretty weird. Check out bananas for instant... unripened they're alkaline, ripened they're acidic,
clearly the ripening fruit sugars has a say in this one!

And it's this chart that has me heading toward sprouting and wheat grass... check out the alkaline numbers on both... they're awesome! :^)
Old 03-01-2012, 01:49 AM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
The Ph Miracle is number one on my next-buy list! It's going in on my online order today along with a bean sprouting kit, and a wheat grass
growing system. Found a great cheep hand crank juicer at Amazon that's getting really high reviews... that's going into the mix as well............................And it's this chart that has me heading toward sprouting and wheat grass... check out the alkaline numbers on both... they're awesome! :^)

Might I suggest that you be really careful with the wheat grass. We have a friend who had a wheat grass drink three days in a row at one of those juice bars, and it triggered his immune system and now he suffers from horrendous allergies to pollen and grass. Summertime means stocking up on anti-histamines now, and he NEVER had allergies before that time. Some peoples systems are more sensitive than others.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:58 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
Might I suggest that you be really careful with the wheat grass. We have a friend who had a wheat grass drink three days in a row at one of those juice bars, and it triggered his immune system and now he suffers from horrendous allergies to pollen and grass. Summertime means stocking up on anti-histamines now, and he NEVER had allergies before that time. Some peoples systems are more sensitive than others.

Thanks for the warning Debby :^) but this leaves me scratching my head... a histamine reaction is usually a sign that something else is going
on. I know that in the probiotic community allergies are being assigned to an immune system that's in distress. They point to anti-biotics as a likely
culprit. Gary Huffnagle covers this in his book The Probiotics Revolution. It seem that, as the good bugs in our system come under assault as a result
of over exposure to anti-biotics our own immune system freaks out and start attacking things that aren't really a threat. Pollen is a good example of something
quite benign and yet get's treated as an invading enemy with the accompanying allergy symptoms. This process is also being traced back
to autoimmune diseases, where our own immune system treats needed aspects of our own body as the enemy..

On the bright side, I once worked at a health food store and was doing wheat grass shots on a regular basis... nasty taste, but sometimes it would
generate a notable rush... so I'm thinking it's okay for myself... but I will feather Wendy into it slowly and watch her closely along the way! The
benefits of wheat grass appear too important to pass up... :^)

Thanks again! :^)
Old 03-01-2012, 05:18 AM
Master
There's always so much joking about the wheat grass and wheat grass 'folks' ~ so how can you describe the taste? I'm very curious.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:19 AM
Master
Oh, and what's in it that accounts for the 'rush' you got, Stephen?

Old 03-01-2012, 07:06 AM
WingsOfIsis

This is another topic that is near and dear to my heart!

I've been moving more and more alkaline in the past few years with the biggest leap this past year.

I have my veges mostly raw and in the blender turned into healthy smoothies with some fermented liquids thrown in to add probiotics.

I too have noticed vast improvements in my health!

Speaking of acidity in our bodies and how it affects our health...have heard from a few places that cancer cannot grow in an alkaline environment!

So...that means that anyone with cancer has a highly acidic body.

That really helped me to get more focused and on the alkaline side of things!

Another thing I love to add to my smoothies and herbal teas is Stevia liquid extract. Specifically the Now brand tastes the best! Doesn't have a bitter after taste as many of the Stevia powders seem to.

Stevia is the only sweetener I know of that is good for you in that it is an antifungal AND it is alkaline!

Those doing wheat grass shots might think about adding a few drops of Stevia.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:51 AM
mattie

Beneficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by in progress
I had a dream in which the lemon was shown to be the cure-all. It's a known alkalizer recommended by many. I'm certain the dream was telling me to alkalize!

Oddly, consuming acidic things such as lemon helps w/ alkalinity. I think I recall this being that they stimulate the body's digestiive juices.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:01 AM
mattie

Body Acidity

I didn’t review the links, but I’m already very familiar w/ the body alkalinity issue. Body alkalinity & how we can become acidic is a very important health issue to bring attention to.

Some advocate managing body alkalinity w/ a very restrictive diet that cuts out whole categories of foods, but this very difficult to do & likely is problematic as some acidic foods have valuable nutrients. It is worthwhile to be aware as to which foods are alkaline to include them in the diet more.

Concentrated green food products such as those made from alfalfa (very alkaline) are useful daily supplements to help the body maintain its natural alkaline balance. Regular use of an internal cleanse to manage the overgrowth of unfriendly organisms can prevent much more serious systemic problems from occurring. One can get unfriendly organism overgrowth on any type of diet. Periodic probiotic use also helps problems from happening as the unfriendly organism overgrowth usually begins w/ an overgrowth in the intestines. I’m skeptical of any supplement or pharmaceutical drug that chooses to promote itself as a ‘magic bullet.’ The reputable supplement companies don’t engage in this type of hyperbole.

There are other dietary issues that are very important for overall health such as eating the right types of oils such as fish oils & NOT eating ANY hydrogenated fats. Whole grains can be very useful. Many see eating a BALANCED diet as beneficial w/ an emphasis on a minimum of junk food & overly processed food. Artificial ingredients such as preservatives are a substantial health concern.

There are various health food dietary practices that are questionable. For instance, some are rabidly against any type of sugar, even the natural sugars such as would be in a carrot. They advise against ALL fruits as they contain sugars. Restrictive diets are very risky IMO as they remove large categories of phytonutrients from our diet.

This isn’t medical advice.