Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Yes, I do tend to lecture.

My apologies.
Well, we all lecture at times Humm. I'd like to know why you intrepret a comment about finding happiness and bliss as something worth questioning. Aren't we all looking for that in our own way? I certainly wouldn't be content with experiencing unhappiness and depression all the time for example.
Old 19-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Humm

Where do you see that I question it?

I quite agree - a most worthy subject of pursuit.
Old 19-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Where do you see that I question it?

I quite agree - a most worthy subject of pursuit.
I'm completely confused by that response since you did write:

"To want to find "happiness, joy, bliss, ecstasy and evolution" is to say one does otherwise, when what they really want is something else."
Old 19-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Master
Or are you pointing out that "wanting to find" is in fact doing otherwise, and that we should instead recognize that we are already there, in that happiness and bliss?
Old 19-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Humm

My apologies again Baile. May I say how I appreciate one who likes to look deeply into things?

I did not intend to question her finding happiness in that comment, but was rather an observation that in general those who say they are looking for happiness do so because they do not have it.
Old 19-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Humm

Sorry - skipped over your last post...

It is true that we are already there, but it is also true that we are not there. It's really just a matter of perspective, I think.
Old 19-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Master
Quote:
It is true that we are already there, but it is also true that we are not there. It's really just a matter of perspective, I think.
I'm there half the time, and other days not so much. So I'd agree with that.
Old 19-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Sundialed

Quote:
Sorry - skipped over your last post...

Being already there would be to be grateful for what we have and to live with no expectations.

What also helps me is that I see everything as a reflection of everything else bound together for eternity. That makes me feel pretty good inside being constantly aware of that.

But yes, with being not there at the same time, there are still things to do and experiences to learn about obviously to expand... in love and other things. It is good to know the bad side as well, learn compassion for those who are feeling pain you have felt?
Old 19-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Master
Quote:
I did not intend to question her finding happiness in that comment, but was rather an observation that in general those who say they are looking for happiness do so because they do not have it.
Okay. I guess I she her thread as a statement having to do with finding some degree of happiness and bliss. That's why I gave her the thumbs up and so forth. We should all be so lucky.
Old 19-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Humm

Quite. :)