Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-09-2011, 12:08 PM
AutumnSoleil

Spiritual beliefs

There seem to be a lot of spiritual beliefs. From the belief in fairy's, to the belief in aliens, angels, spirit guides, God, Crystals, Indigo's, lightworkers, earthangels and a whole lot more. I have a difficult time believing in anything that I can't touch and see. Where does your faith come from regarding the spiritual path or beliefs that you've chosen?
Old 01-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Master
Hi Autumn,
Obviously you have asked a question that would take years to answer.....lol

I understand placing ones beliefs in what one can touch and feel but I've noticed a long the way a connection to all of life that leaves me no doubt that there is much beyond what we know or think we know.
A mysterious side of life, so to speak.
I find also that although I may not be able to touch and feel all that happens that I believe in, I have and always receive confirmations/synchronicities and understanding when mysterious things happens.
This keeps me humble and it keeps me looking to the heavens as well as the ground.
Do you notice a mystery in life?
For example: My first daughter was born on the same day my mother-in-laws baby died at birth. I never knew she had a baby who died until I picked the same name for my daughter as she had chosen. My pregnant wife then told me about the baby and we chose another name. Then, like I said she was born on the same day.....and my wife had similar complcations and the same doctor delivered both babies!

I have a million stories like this.............do you know what I am trying to say?
Blessings..
Old 01-09-2011, 12:41 PM
AutumnSoleil

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Hi Autumn,
Obviously you have asked a question that would take years to answer.....lol

I understand placing ones beliefs in what one can touch and feel but I've noticed a long the way a connection to all of life that leaves me no doubt that there is much beyond what we know or think we know.
A mysterious side of life, so to speak.
I find also that although I may not be able to touch and feel all that happens that I believe in, I have and always receive confirmations/synchronicities and understanding when mysterious things happens.
This keeps me humble and it keeps me looking to the heavens as well as the ground.
Do you notice a mystery in life?
For example: My first daughter was born on the same day my mother-in-laws baby died at birth. I never knew she had a baby who died until I picked the same name for my daughter as she had chosen. My pregnant wife then told me about the baby and we chose another name. Then, like I said she was born on the same day.....and my wife had similar complcations and the same doctor delivered both babies!

I have a million stories like this.............do you know what I am trying to say?
Blessings..

It would seem like you're trying to say that in reality it really wouldn't take you years to answer :)
Old 01-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnSoleil
It would seem like you're trying to say that in reality it really wouldn't take you years to answer :)

LOL....well, I can speak for me and it took me years to understand myself but others, I cannot.
I noticed after 30 years of seeking, a "need" to seek. This need had it's basis in life and my upbringing and who knows what else.
Recognizing and nurturing this need healed it.
It seemed like to me that I believed many things like you mentioned above because I needed to and yet they were very real.
Did I make them happen...............I don't know for sure but the need to believe them is gone.
It's a good place to be.........
Old 01-09-2011, 12:58 PM
AutumnSoleil

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
LOL....well, I can speak for me and it took me years to understand myself but others, I cannot.
I noticed after 30 years of seeking, a "need" to seek. This need had it's basis in life and my upbringing and who knows what else.
Recognizing and nurturing this need healed it.
It seemed like to me that I believed many things like you mentioned above because I needed to and yet they were very real.
Did I make them happen...............I don't know for sure but the need to believe them is gone.
It's a good place to be.........

I have a need to believe in something. I just don't know what that something is. I don't really even firmly believe in what most call, "God". And yet I'm not athiest. I feel a spiritual emptiness and I can say that because at one time I "thought" I didn't feel that way. That was years ago when I was still busy being niave and believed in the God of my Catholic upbringing. Many things have happened over the years and I've since read many differernt spiritual ideas, some of which I'm comfortable with and some which I'm not, but nothing powerful enough to pull me strongly in any particular direction.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Master
Quote:
I have a need to believe in something. I just don't know what that something is. I don't really even firmly believe in what most call, "God". And yet I'm not athiest. I feel a spiritual emptiness and I can say that because at one time I "thought" I didn't feel that way. That was years ago when I was still busy being niave and believed in the God of my Catholic upbringing. Many things have happened over the years and I've since read many differernt spiritual ideas, some of which I'm comfortable with and some which I'm not, but nothing powerful enough to pull me strongly in any particular direction.

That's cool.......I'm sure life will unfold for you in a most perfect way and all your needs will be filled.......life is awesome!
Old 01-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Enya

You're on the right path... seek out what works for you, what begins to fill or illuminate the Void... build on it. Repeat.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Where does your faith come from regarding the spiritual path or beliefs that you've chosen?
In many ways it's come from years of observing the harmful nature of intellectual spiritual and religious doctrine. The things I know for sure are light, darkness, wind, rain, birds, ocean waves, trees and the shadows they cast, and joy and sorrow. And love above all.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
There seem to be a lot of spiritual beliefs. From the belief in fairy's, to the belief in aliens, angels, spirit guides, God, Crystals, Indigo's, lightworkers, earthangels and a whole lot more. I have a difficult time believing in anything that I can't touch and see. Where does your faith come from regarding the spiritual path or beliefs that you've chosen?

My spirituality is simple. I have no spiritual beliefs. I have a spiritual path. I don't need to believe in anything I can't touch or see.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 02-09-2011, 12:38 AM
Master
Quote:

Hi Autumn Soleil.

spirituality is different for everyone. You will find some stuff works for you; some doesn't and it's all OK.

Good luck and enjoy.

zipzip